... statistical tests for global warming fails to find ..... anthropogenic forcing

Jan 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

From the journal Earth System Dynamics billed as 'An Interactive Open Access Journal of the European Geosciences Union' comes this paper which suggests that the posited AGW forcing effects simply isn't statistically significant in the observations, but other natural forcings are.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of96
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

They may be sound but not correct.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

tiny-minded anne wrote:
.....loose(sic) a few satellites then what makes you think they are perfect on this subject.
We know you've mispeled 3000+ words & are not perfect on this subject.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

tiny-minded anne wrote:
....... loose a few satellites.....
Or did you mean, "Who let the satellites loose?" ?
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you've mispeled 3000+ words & are not perfect on this subject.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

litesong wrote:
We know you've mispeled 3000+ words & are not perfect on this subject.
//////////
'phud fetid feces face fiend' flubbed:
......you think........
/////////
litesong wrote:
....... that 'phud fetid feces face fiend' didn't correct my intentional double misspelled word.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
We know you've mispeled 3000+ words & are not perfect on this subject.
//////////
'phud fetid feces face fiend' flubbed:
......you think........
/////////
litesong wrote:
....... that 'phud fetid feces face fiend' didn't correct my intentional double misspelled word.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Feb 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
1. World renown or just the government sponsered one. Every organization you listed is government funded and several were nothing more than a way to funnel money back into campaign coffers.
Do you ever get tired of looking like a fool?

The National Academy of Sciences is completely independant not for profit corporation with a tiny % of their projects based on global warming. In fact I know of just the one asked by Congress, when it asked them to review Mann's hockey stick and they determined it was valid, because there were many independent studies that showed the same result.

Then you have the American Institute of Physics (AIP) is not for profit as is the AMA, the Weather Channel, National Geographic....

And I think you and Rush would have a hard time finding one government researcher paid a dime of global warming money in any of these.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
2. I also pointed out who was in charge of those NASA sites and how some of them had errors. With Dr Hansen in charge I could point out that they are less than unbiased.
There are no errors. You are lying again. And ALL the world renown SCIENCE organizations support global warming, no matter how much you lie to say the opposite.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
3-4. Care to point out where I said that. What I did say is NASA is saying what they need to say to keep from having their budget cut.
You said all scientists now agreed global warming is a hoax. When I showed you NASA's website as one example, you really deny you said there was other NASA official websites that said it was a hoax?

You know I can go back and find that, right?
Why DO you feel the need to lie like this? Is Rush Limbaugh that important to you, you need to lie for the cause?
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>

5. Congress is who controls the purse strings, not the president. So, if you want more you have to make nice to the Senators and Congressmen. After all, it has to pass on both sides before the president gets a crack at it and all he can do is Veto.
Er. Both houses were controlled by Congress under Bush for awhile. There was still the same consensus for global warming by all the scientific agencies.

The President, and therefore Bush picked Michael Griffin as head of NASA, and the climatologists still didn't budge.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about Roy Spencer being wrong and seem to ignore that NASA has been caught making mistakes. Expensive mistakes that have lost very expensive space craft. In many cases because they forgot to double check their work like they did with the Hubble Telescope.
Roy Spencer was caught fudging the data. Contractors do make clerical mistakes -- which is what happened with the Hubble. They fixed it too.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
After all, if NASA can misidentify the tallest mountain on earth and loose a few satellites then what makes you think they are perfect on this subject..
NASA corrects their mistakes. Now, let's turn it around.

What gives you the confidence Rush Limbaugh is the top expert on climate?
You go 100% by ideology and care nothing about science.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever get tired of looking like a fool?
The National Academy of Sciences is completely independant not for profit corporation with a tiny % of their projects based on global warming. In fact I know of just the one asked by Congress, when it asked them to review Mann's hockey stick and they determined it was valid, because there were many independent studies that showed the same result.
Then you have the American Institute of Physics (AIP) is not for profit as is the AMA, the Weather Channel, National Geographic....
And I think you and Rush would have a hard time finding one government researcher paid a dime of global warming money in any of these.
<quoted text>
There are no errors. You are lying again. And ALL the world renown SCIENCE organizations support global warming, no matter how much you lie to say the opposite.
<quoted text>
You said all scientists now agreed global warming is a hoax. When I showed you NASA's website as one example, you really deny you said there was other NASA official websites that said it was a hoax?
You know I can go back and find that, right?
Why DO you feel the need to lie like this? Is Rush Limbaugh that important to you, you need to lie for the cause?
<quoted text>
Er. Both houses were controlled by Congress under Bush for awhile. There was still the same consensus for global warming by all the scientific agencies.
The President, and therefore Bush picked Michael Griffin as head of NASA, and the climatologists still didn't budge.
<quoted text>
Roy Spencer was caught fudging the data. Contractors do make clerical mistakes -- which is what happened with the Hubble. They fixed it too.
<quoted text>
NASA corrects their mistakes. Now, let's turn it around.
What gives you the confidence Rush Limbaugh is the top expert on climate?
You go 100% by ideology and care nothing about science.
More BS from the commander TROLL!!!

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever get tired of looking like a fool?
The National Academy of Sciences is completely independant not for profit corporation with a tiny % of their projects based on global warming. In fact I know of just the one asked by Congress, when it asked them to review Mann's hockey stick and they determined it was valid, because there were many independent studies that showed the same result.
Then you have the American Institute of Physics (AIP) is not for profit as is the AMA, the Weather Channel, National Geographic....
And I think you and Rush would have a hard time finding one government researcher paid a dime of global warming money in any of these.
<quoted text>
There are no errors. You are lying again. And ALL the world renown SCIENCE organizations support global warming, no matter how much you lie to say the opposite.
<quoted text>
You said all scientists now agreed global warming is a hoax. When I showed you NASA's website as one example, you really deny you said there was other NASA official websites that said it was a hoax?
You know I can go back and find that, right?
Why DO you feel the need to lie like this? Is Rush Limbaugh that important to you, you need to lie for the cause?
<quoted text>
Er. Both houses were controlled by Congress under Bush for awhile. There was still the same consensus for global warming by all the scientific agencies.
The President, and therefore Bush picked Michael Griffin as head of NASA, and the climatologists still didn't budge.
<quoted text>
Roy Spencer was caught fudging the data. Contractors do make clerical mistakes -- which is what happened with the Hubble. They fixed it too.
<quoted text>
NASA corrects their mistakes. Now, let's turn it around.
What gives you the confidence Rush Limbaugh is the top expert on climate?
You go 100% by ideology and care nothing about science.
You should be asking if I am tired of making you look like a fool.

You talk about the NAS being a non profit but failed to mention where the majority of the funding is coming from. It is government funded which means upset those senators and congressmen and see that funding cut across the board. Also, have you ever noticed that all YOUR world renown science organizations are all government funded. In a few cases they have also beed caught fudging the facts as it were on the subject and in a few cases were discovered to be outright wrong.

I also would never say that all the scientist would say that global warming is a hoax. Then again there are a few that still believe the world is flat. The simple fact is that when people like you were saying that they all believed it was caused by man I knew it had to be wrong because there is no way that thousands of people like that would believe the exact same thing. Not on something that was only a theory. Now the majority is a who different subject. Right now according to the latest numbers there is only a small fraction of people in the field who still believe man is the primary cause of climate change while the majority believe the cause is from something else.

As for calling me a liar, feel free. But facts will remain the facts and the truth will remain the truth. Those facts never did support your beliefs and the truth is that you have no idea what is true and what is not. For you this is more of a religious experience than science.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>More BS from the commander TROLL!!!
I also notice that he does most of the posting now.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I also notice that he does most of the posting now.
That is because you walloped the wallop10 again and again.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be asking if I am tired of making you look like a fool.
Hasn't happened. You were the one saying you could find OTHER NASA official websites where they said global warming was a hoax.

Someone has been watching Rush too much.... LOL
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about the NAS being a non profit but failed to mention where the majority of the funding is coming from. It is government funded which means upset those senators and congressmen and see that funding cut across the board.
In 2006, Bush was in office, and I think the Republicans had both the Senate and the House then. Care to try again.

Not to mention, these are independent scientists and it would be a HUGE scandal if someone could prove if there was any gov't interference.

Bush got his hands slapped earlier for trying to muzzle James Hansen and it got out to the press.

No surprises you didn't hear about that watching ole Rush... LOL
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, have you ever noticed that all YOUR world renown science organizations are all government funded.
Actually I have already proven that is not true. They include not for profit organizations like the AIP, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the American Physical Society, the AAAS...

Not to mention, when the government has been run by Republicans ... and that list was still the same.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
In a few cases they have also beed caught fudging the facts as it were on the subject and in a few cases were discovered to be outright wrong.
No. the deliberate fudging and lying has been done only by right wingers -- saw it all in the time in the right wing rags you post solely from.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>I also would never say that all the scientist would say that global warming is a hoax.
Well that took a lot of time to get out of you.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again there are a few that still believe the world is flat.
They'd be right wingers... before they would be scientists. By the way I saw once there is a website for the Flat Earth Society -- it's fundi biblical based...
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
. The simple fact is that when people like you were saying that they all believed it was caused by man I knew it had to be wrong because there is no way that thousands of people like that would believe the exact same thing. Not on something that was only a theory.
Then the flip of that would have to be true. There is no way someone would believe it couldn't be true.

especially with NO science to support them! Ha, got cha.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the majority is a who different subject. Right now according to the latest numbers there is only a small fraction of people in the field who still believe man is the primary cause of climate change while the majority believe the cause is from something else.
I've debated this on a thread, and seen the links proving you made just another HUGE false statement.

Don't you get tired of that?
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
As for calling me a liar, feel free. But facts will remain the facts and the truth will remain the truth. Those facts never did support your beliefs and the truth is that you have no idea what is true and what is not. For you this is more of a religious experience than science.
You're the one who admitted she was wrong to claim all scientists said global warming was a HOAX.

That's wasn't having a religious experience. You were hallucinating as well, dear.

Looks to me as you still are. You make outrageously false statements. Then don't even try to get a credible reputable link to justify yourself.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I also notice that he does most of the posting now.
Does PennyHD say anything a sentence or two with the words BS and scientific science fiction?

Could be a computer program with that lack of variety.

LOL.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does PennyHD say anything a sentence or two with the words BS and scientific science fiction?
Could be a computer program with that lack of variety.
LOL.
wallop10 gets walloped again and again. Another good day
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does PennyHD say anything a sentence or two with the words BS and scientific science fiction?
Could be a computer program with that lack of variety.
LOL.
Agreed.

:-)
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
:-)
Again you agree wallop10 gets walloped again and again.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Again you agree wallop10 gets walloped again and again.
HA HA. Says the phoney who is posing as a PHD,
But has NO DEGRES. I have the link to the post where you admitted that.
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes itís true I don't have a degree like you do. I will make an effort to learn BS so I could be just like you. Then I could post cut and paste useless scientific science fiction babble. Can you tell me what school you attended so I can be just like you?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin ...
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA. Says the phoney who is posing as a PHD,
But has NO DEGRES. I have the link to the post where you admitted that.
<quoted text>
You canít even be original Commander TROLL!!!! See that Bull S. degree again got you walloped and in the crapper. That Ha HA you hear is the void between your ears called an echo.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA. Says the phoney who is posing as a PHD,
But has NO DEGRES. I have the link to the post where you admitted that.
<quoted text>
What do you think it should do?

I used to avoid its posts 100% when there were a lot of deniers like gord et al. They have dropped off like flies since the election.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think it should do?
I used to avoid its posts 100% when there were a lot of deniers like gord et al. They have dropped off like flies since the election.
Disconnect yourself from the wallop10 AKA walloped again and again and all will work out for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of96
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••