Fitzgerald the saviour for Galway United

Nov 15, 2008 Full story: www.independent.ie

GIVEN the closeness of this season's battle to avoid the drop, it was surely inevitable there would be tension right down to the final whistle at UCD last night -- only then could Galway United relax.

Full Story
Sean Conway

Dublin, Ireland

#1 Nov 15, 2008
Whoever appointed Jeff Kenna deserves a buiochas mor. He should be reappointed immediately.
With just one team to go down next year securing Premiership status may be made easier if the directors can now continue the magnificent 'exit from hell' strategy by adopting the same plan which kept the team afloat in such horrible economic circumstances.
It was a testing season and all involved deserve every bit of help and goodwill and money needed to keep the club on a steady course next season.
The team that plays together and pulls together will always have the essential edge needed in hard times. The back room staff and onfield players showed that in abundance. Well done to all.
Young Pup

Ireland

#2 Nov 16, 2008
Who am I to give advice to Jeff Kenna, but ...
Stay with Galway for another year, Jeff. No matter what English clubs may offer, the experience of securing Galway's place in the top division will give you a bagfull of experience and a better offer and bigger paycheck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galway, Ireland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oranmore Train Station (Jul '13) Sep 13 GalwayLad29 5
gay snapchat (Jan '14) Sep 11 Jj bai 19
Looking for some fun... Sep 7 Jake 1
Galway Girls! Sep 6 Makiu 1
25i-NBOme @ 1200mcg (May '13) Sep 5 420galway 4
bi male required (Feb '13) Aug '14 Galwaylad34 5
lose virginity Jul '14 Galwaylad34 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••