Dodd's 'Cottage': A Cozy Purchase

Ireland does not easily give up its secrets. That may have been one attraction it held for Sen. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Joe

Baltimore, MD

#193 Mar 21, 2009
Google "Waitress Sandwich Dodd Kennedy"

I find it amazing that Dodd has never been questioned about this incident! It should not matter, that it happened 24 years ago.

Here is a link to a detailed account of what transpired that night -

http://men.style.com/gg/features/full/id=cont...
Jaded

Plainville, CT

#194 Jun 10, 2009
Well, the rules don't appear to apply to Mr. Rennie either. The WSJ reported that he saw the land record.

Mr. Rennie himself wrote: The Irish land registry isn't open to the public in the manner of the American system.

Under Irish Republican law, only the owner and their legal representatives can view the land registry. So what did Mr. Rennie do to view it? Or who conspired with him?

Who and when do rules apply Mr. Rennie? I'm so glad you get to decide and report on it.

Out of curiosity, does the Courant have an Ethic Review process for its reporters?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#195 Jun 11, 2009
Jaded wrote:
Well, the rules don't appear to apply to Mr. Rennie either. The WSJ reported that he saw the land record.
Mr. Rennie himself wrote: The Irish land registry isn't open to the public in the manner of the American system.
Under Irish Republican law, only the owner and their legal representatives can view the land registry. So what did Mr. Rennie do to view it? Or who conspired with him?
Who and when do rules apply Mr. Rennie? I'm so glad you get to decide and report on it.
Out of curiosity, does the Courant have an Ethic Review process for its reporters?
How old is this argument??????????

Why attack someone who pointed out another screw up by Dodd.

So what Dodd did was right????? Or would you rather avoid the mess with distraction???
Jaded

Plainville, CT

#196 Jun 11, 2009
Middletown Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
How old is this argument??????????
Why attack someone who pointed out another screw up by Dodd.
So what Dodd did was right????? Or would you rather avoid the mess with distraction???
Who is attacking? Mr. Rennie is a columnist and attorney. Why isn't it okay to ask about his ethics and integrity? If you read his columns, there is no doubt to his political beliefs.
No doubt, Senator Dodd like most politicians if not all, considers themselves above the law and act accordingly. We all witness this sorry fact living here in Connecticut. But my comment is that Mr. Rennie appears to consider himself above it as well. I understand that Mr. Rennie’s ABA pledge has no jurisdiction in the Republic of Ireland. But I believe it is disingenuous of Mr. Rennie to present Senator Dodd’s questionable deeds (and no doubt, not all of them) without disclosing his own as it pertains to this specific story. Especially given the fact that Mr. Rennie is clear in political beliefs.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#197 Jun 11, 2009
Jaded, what is your point?

Do you honestly think we would get these facts from a fellow Democrat?? He may be disingenuous but more importantly is he accurate and truthful?

ALL of these weasels protect each other. So if you choose to, focus on Rennie. I will choose to focus on the elected official that represents me so poorly. He is an embarrassment.

Whether he gets a "big shout out" from our current President means nothing to me. Probably shouldn't mean anything to any CT resident.
Jaded

Plainville, CT

#198 Jun 12, 2009
Middletown Joe wrote:
Jaded, what is your point?
Do you honestly think we would get these facts from a fellow Democrat?? He may be disingenuous but more importantly is he accurate and truthful?
ALL of these weasels protect each other. So if you choose to, focus on Rennie. I will choose to focus on the elected official that represents me so poorly. He is an embarrassment.
Whether he gets a "big shout out" from our current President means nothing to me. Probably shouldn't mean anything to any CT resident.
You make an excellent point Middletown Joe. Each of us has the right to focus on any part of the political process. I am resigned to the sorry state of our elected officials; there is too much money in the process to hope for ethical leadership.

I am more and more concerned with the growing biased coverage by the media (from both sides) and the lack of transparency. The media are not the protectors of truth, that task is left to philosophers. With that said I want more facts from the media that can be checked and either confirmed or denied.

As to the accuracy and truthfulness of Mr. Rennie’s information, we have to take his word – as I understand that the land record has not been made public and that Mr. Rennie’s alone has seen it to report on it. I will take his word on it but still find it disingenuous that he did not disclose how he came into possession of the information.

I believe that both of us would agree that the news can manipulate and be manipulated by any one from any political leaning or news organization. We as citizens have to ask ourselves do ethics matter? Ethics are either applicable to all of us, or none of us. I believe that if you are going to hold Senator Dodd to an ethical benchmark, you should hold those who professionally critique him to the same. That is my point.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#199 Jun 12, 2009
Point taken.

I am still waiting for transparency.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galway, Ireland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay snapchat (Jan '14) Sep 19 TomK 20
Oranmore Train Station (Jul '13) Sep 13 GalwayLad29 5
Looking for some fun... Sep 7 Jake 1
Galway Girls! Sep 6 Makiu 1
25i-NBOme @ 1200mcg (May '13) Sep 5 420galway 4
bi male required (Feb '13) Aug '14 Galwaylad34 5
lose virginity Jul '14 Galwaylad34 5
•••

Galway, Ireland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••