anthony Patrick Ryan

Perth, Australia

#1 Mar 16, 2011
Hi its near on 50 years since I started looking for my Dad without much luck, I know hhe is from Dundalk our local priest told me they had located him and that he had a large family .
I have managed to have got the names of 4 of his kin, If anyone knows of a Bernard Shortt (Short) or any of his family the priest told me there were 2 people with the same name being Bernard Shortt when he visited Ireland on behalf of the Australian migrant trust.
please send me an email tonyryan@midwest.com.au
I am doing a family tree .
I know my dad is no longer alive but I would like to make contact with his family who still live in Dundalk . Thanks
ryan AP

Perth, Australia

#2 Apr 7, 2011
Its been a long time trackig down my Father Bernard Shortt,Here are the names of his children given to me in 2004.
They are Keith,Owen,Laura and Una who lived in Marian Park Dundak.
Mothers name Bernadette Shortt.
I am doing a family tree where my dad Bernard Shortt who was going out with my MUM Mollie while He was stationed in Liverpool UK 1942, I was placed in an orphanage in Ditton Uk and shipped out to Australia 1952. If you can help out please let me know .. I'm making a trip over to Dundalk from Australia in 2012, hope to be able to say G'day to family. cheers Tony.. email me tonyryan@midwest.com.au
wrong family

Richmond, Australia

#3 Dec 11, 2011
Hi last April I wrote in this comment page asking for help in finding my DAD... with my hopes built up and heart beating fast I took the plunge and took down the names of Bernadette Shorts Family in the hope I was on the right track to finding my DAD. From what my mother had told me of him and friends of my mum who new my dad it seemed so real. Sadly after DNA test were done it was not to be my heart slowed down so fast after getting back the results saying NO. some how I feel some one knows of him now I am near on 70 I guess its too late to keep searching .
I thank the family for being so obliging in helping me out via phone calls emails and the DNA .
WE hope to visit Dundalk in 2013 and thank them personally for the spirit of hope that was there at the time was great.
Tony Ryan Australia .
email tonyryan@midwest.com.au
LESLEY SHORTT

Sydenham, Australia

#4 Feb 11, 2012
RE BERNARD SHORTT
MY DAD IS GERALD HERBERT SHORTT HE IS 86 NOW AND IS FROM THE UK HE HAS 5 SISTERS OLDER AND 4 BROTHERS YOUNGER MY DAD HAS TALKED ABOUT HIS BROTHER BERNARD SHORTT AND A BROTHER RONALD AND ALSO A SISTER OLIVE NOT SURE OF ALL THE OTHER NAMES AS DAD DOSNT TELL ME MUCH ABOUT THE FAMILY MY DAD HAS ONLY 1 TO 2 MONTHS LEFT TO LIVE AS HE HAS LUNG AND LIVER CANCER ....DAD WAS IN WW2 HE WENT IN WHEN HE WAS 17..........HOPE TO HERE FROM YOU WE MAY BE RELATED

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dundalk, Ireland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smuggler with links to IRA now 'number one' CAB... (Nov '13) Nov '14 piston 800 17
Gerry Adams slammed for Smithwick comment (Dec '13) Nov '14 Lawrence James co... 2
Report: Irish police colluded in IRA murder of ... (Dec '13) Feb '14 James 9
I just found out a legit loan lender here conta... (Sep '13) Jan '14 John Lee 3
The story of an unsung hero (Sep '06) Nov '13 Swedish Facts 3
Tributes pour in for one time Dundalk priest Fr... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Swedish Facts 18
I got my loan today. (Nov '13) Nov '13 mr greg 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:13 pm PST