Looking for BYRNE / BYRNES Cousins

Looking for BYRNE / BYRNES Cousins

Posted in the Dundalk, Ireland Forum

Annmarie

Hampton, VA

#1 May 27, 2009
Hi, I hope this gets seen!:)

My grandfather was born in Ireland (Dundalk, Co Louth) and his family lived on Williamson St. My grandfather came to America in 1914 at the age of 4, after his mother passed on. He came with two older brothers, Eugene and Peter to NYC to live with their fathers sister, Mary. From what I have been able to determine, siblings that stayed in Ireland were Michael (was to have had a son and daughter), John (believe he had two children), Margaret (married Thomas Harty and had 1 daughter) and Kathleen (married a man of the surname MCANEMY and had 5 children). I know all I have left are cousins in Ireland, but I am making plans to go to Dundalk and see my grandfather's birthplace and travel around Ireland. I plan to be there for two weeks. In the meantime, while I plan my trip, I wish to try and find kin over there that I would be able to meet and reconnect to my grandfather's birth place. He so loved Ireland and talked abit of what he remembered, but mostly what family told him. His father was John Byrne (son of Peter Byrne and Mary O'Toole) and his mother was Catherine Dunne (daughter of Owen Dunne). John and Catherine were married in Ardee. John worked for the railroad, building the tracks. I do have info of them on the 1901 census. Anyone recongize any names or know of any Byrne / Byrnes, I would greatly appreciate it if you would respond. Oh, we became BYRNES when my father was born in NYC and the hospital put an 's' on the end of the name...but grandpa was a Byrne. I thank you very much to anyone who may be able to assist me in my quest to find relatives! God Bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dundalk, Ireland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathleen Murtagh Feb '16 CathyD 1
The Baz. Jan '16 DiabloDaCutthroat 2
News Kingsmills 40 years on: Legacy of 1916 stymied ... Jan '16 James 3
Onagh Nygaard (Dec '15) Dec '15 MacDun 1
Fone World - Williamson Mall - Customer Complaints (Aug '12) Aug '15 Jon L 3
Club Nights in Dundalk (Jan '15) Jan '15 Chloe_K 1
News Smuggler with links to IRA now 'number one' CAB... (Nov '13) Nov '14 piston 800 17
More from around the web