Does anybody regret ever getting involved in drugs?

Posted in the Dublin, Ireland Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
So sorry

Dublin, Ireland

#1 May 4, 2012
Hello all,
Ive been feeling pretty sorry for myself recently, im 27 and ive been taking drugs for 13 unlucky years. It all started with hash and weed, I was a fiend for it and had extreme mood swings when i couldnt lay my hands on it. I have since taken every drug that is available on the irish market, including injecting heroin for the last 2 years. You may all think that im a junkie after hearing that but the truth is im far from a junkie yet, I have been involved in team sports while i was taking it even tho it would severly affect my performance. Im starting to believe that hte gateway drug theory is true for me anyways i got used to enjoying intoxication and I was always looking for the next new drug which eventually led to sticking needles into my arms.

I feel that taking drugs all these years has taken so much from me and given so little in return

anybody else out there who feels the same?

Is there any

Fifty5

Charleville, Ireland

#3 May 4, 2012
No need to apologise about your post, I'm sure a lot of members here have been down the same path, I have for one.
The majority of members on the topix forums have, or had some kind of drug addiction, whether it be heroin, Benzos or weed/hash.

As the saying about Heroin goes: It takes EVERYTHING from you, and gives you NOTHING in return..

Check out this link: http://www.wowzone.com/heroin.htm

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 May 4, 2012
Hey i don't know if you're that same grey and you're just trolling. But if you're not trolling and are trying to get off the gear i'd recommend you look into getting some ibogaine & dmt.

Best of luck
Made my life hell

Ireland

#5 May 5, 2012
Yep I really am sorry I ever smoked that first J.. U get fed up with having a few J's and want a new diffrent buzz..... That's when I tryed mushys just liberty caps .. Then the E came in to play that was great fun till u want something to come down and sombody have gear u have few lines and bang was on that crap for 12 years what a lose of life..and for what just to feel normal and work each day knowing ur cash was for that crap.. Haven't gone near it now for 10 year but was and am still in methadone program.. But I am down to 10 mil's that I had to do myself as doc's in clinics l think try to keep I their I asked time after time to get dropped but always no so I just did it myself .. Few more weeks and I hope to be done.. But take a few benzos. Every week more then one D10 a day or a xanax I know that has to stop so going to just do same as methadone take 3/4 a pill for a week each day and keep droping till that done.. Maybe a few days weeks not feeling good but in my mind I'll know I am drug free and that is all that matters.. I am 45 now and 26 years later will be free from the crap world of drugs... I hope that might help somebody

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#7 May 5, 2012
Its down to the person, its people that keep saying rubbish stuff like this that stop it been legalised, Im smoking 20 years and I never gave a shite about any other drugs..........fact!
So sorry

Dublin, Ireland

#8 May 5, 2012
Firstly Im not trolling, secondly im not "on the gear" it was never a habitual habit i had. The longest H binge ive ever been on was two weeks. I was just saying that i used it as an example to where seeking a buzz from drugs can lead to even for a person from a decent background with a very good education and plenty of opportunity in life like myself.
Also the first gateway drug i experienced was alcohol because that was the first substance that i experienced intoxication from, however in the eyes of many its cannabis and not alcohol that is a gateway drug because cannabis is the first illegal drug many ppl take.
@spanner of course everyone knows the difference between weed and brown(i did) im just saying one thing leads to another and then another and then another
Obviously there are ppl like dactyl666 who are only interested in the one thing (and im happy for them) but to "rubbish" or to choose to ignore what i have said about ppl like myself who regret drugs is either naive or stupid.
And btw lads why dont you ask yourself what smoking "harmless weed" has cost you throughout your life? money ? health? performance in sport? general motivation at home and in work ? mood swings? relationships?

and finally @Irish stoner; how would legalising weed prevent others from regretting ever getting involved in drugs ?
Fair enough I can give you some of the good points of legalising the main one being harm reduction in that the drugs are a higher quality reducing harm thereby reducing the cost of treating ppl with disorders associated. secondly it reduceces expenditure on having to police drugs.

But I fail to see how legalising weed and having it widely available and instantly accessable would prevent others from ending up like me .......sounds like your a bit of spanner yourself with an argument like that
So sorry

Dublin, Ireland

#9 May 5, 2012
Made my life hell wrote:
Yep I really am sorry I ever smoked that first J.. U get fed up with having a few J's and want a new diffrent buzz..... That's when I tryed mushys just liberty caps .. Then the E came in to play that was great fun till u want something to come down and sombody have gear u have few lines and bang was on that crap for 12 years what a lose of life..and for what just to feel normal and work each day knowing ur cash was for that crap.. Haven't gone near it now for 10 year but was and am still in methadone program.. But I am down to 10 mil's that I had to do myself as doc's in clinics l think try to keep I their I asked time after time to get dropped but always no so I just did it myself .. Few more weeks and I hope to be done.. But take a few benzos. Every week more then one D10 a day or a xanax I know that has to stop so going to just do same as methadone take 3/4 a pill for a week each day and keep droping till that done.. Maybe a few days weeks not feeling good but in my mind I'll know I am drug free and that is all that matters.. I am 45 now and 26 years later will be free from the crap world of drugs... I hope that might help somebody
sounds like exactly what happened me, except i was stupid enough to actually look for brown myself because i was bored. Never went on the methadone cos i was never on brown long enough. glad to hear ur doin well
Made my life hell

Dublin, Ireland

#10 May 5, 2012
irish stoner wrote:
wat kind of a spanner are you im reali sorry i ever had that first j get a life man that gateway drug is bull every1 knows the difference between weed and herion i smoked for years and never went away nd got a bag a gear.wat are u some kinda drug counciler tryna give ur bull sh1t story ta try get every1 on topix drug free.
p,s free the weed legalise so you dont end up like this fella
. Can u read u ass I said E put me on they road u fool read it say it was E... And u need to mind ur manners all I was doing was tring to help as for u ur no diffrent then anybody who takes any drug so don't put yourself above anybody... Ur probly on the dole haven't worked in how meany years ??... Well my pal I have worked all my life have be my owen boss for 20 odd years .. Just because u take a wrong turn does not mean u can't get on in life mind ur manners
Made my life hell

Dublin, Ireland

#11 May 5, 2012
So sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like exactly what happened me, except i was stupid enough to actually look for brown myself because i was bored. Never went on the methadone cos i was never on brown long enough. glad to hear ur doin well
.. Thanks for that ... As for that Irish stoner I never said weed put me on gear it was E.... And let's be truthfully here I bet most pepole have tryed weed and drink... Probly sit at home few cans and a few Joints.. Anything that's affects ur mind it mood ur motivation ur relationships is not that good...as other lad said most of us start with a few beers, it the biggest problem we have drink...the way Holland has their laws is now showing that soft drug are no diffrent and let's face it weed has become so strong its not like it was 20 years ago it much much stronger and their for maybe more dangerus that's why u can only but weed that has a certent amount os thc in it and only so meany grams... And new laws coming in tourist won't be allowed in to coffee shops as the people of the Dam are fed up with drug tourists... Wonder why?..
Made my life hell

Dublin, Ireland

#12 May 5, 2012
dactyl666 wrote:
Its down to the person, its people that keep saying rubbish stuff like this that stop it been legalised, Im smoking 20 years and I never gave a shite about any other drugs..........fact!
.... So u don't drink?... Smoke cig's?... And don't tell me the weed now is not much much stronger then 20 years ago.. And if u are a 20 year smoker u were somking hash as it was only thing we had exept for some crapy weed with seed twigs and little or no buds...u never had a line of coke?... Weed drink gear benzos all drugs and as sombody said it up to the person what they do after first drink or first j... Nothing is a gate way we just choose doors to open
Made my life hell

Dublin, Ireland

#13 May 5, 2012
irish stoner wrote:
wat kind of a spanner are you im reali sorry i ever had that first j get a life man that gateway drug is bull every1 knows the difference between weed and herion i smoked for years and never went away nd got a bag a gear.wat are u some kinda drug counciler tryna give ur bull sh1t story ta try get every1 on topix drug free.
p,s free the weed legalise so you dont end up like this fella
... One last thing fool this "fella" won't be giving any more of his cash to dealers... I am no councilor and do not wish to put anybody off drugs or make anybody drug free but myself... U keep smoking ur weed having ur few cans what ever... I am very happy for u to live in ur little stoned world....
Made my life hell

Dublin, Ireland

#15 May 5, 2012
31dotdave wrote:
yes
....least you are honest .....
Calvin sir alex

Dublin, Ireland

#16 May 5, 2012
Reading the posts on this some of them are like my story but I am not getting in to that as it my buissnes, but anybody who drinks smokes weed or hash even cigg's always has at some stage said I wish I never started?.at end of the day do we really want to do things that make our life shorter, damages our health and eats into our money.If so more fool u as I for one would love to have the money I have given dealers now, the money I gave pubs when drinking and as for the money spend smoking cigg's.... It was all fun and I really enjoyed all I did but that's not to say I am not sorry I ever got involved in drugs of any sort....as for the damage it has on my health willl be seen in times a head but I know I would be much more healthy have more money if I never had the wish to be stoned.So a big YES I am sorry ...but I still do it..

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19 May 6, 2012
Made my life hell wrote:
<quoted text>.... So u don't drink?... Smoke cig's?... And don't tell me the weed now is not much much stronger then 20 years ago.. And if u are a 20 year smoker u were somking hash as it was only thing we had exept for some crapy weed with seed twigs and little or no buds...u never had a line of coke?... Weed drink gear benzos all drugs and as sombody said it up to the person what they do after first drink or first j... Nothing is a gate way we just choose doors to open
Nope, I don't do any of that crap, I smoke through a vaporizer or bong if I don't have it handy. I have 3 college degrees, great job and a wife and child and I'm f**king proud :) Had a line of C or 2 when I went to holland a few years back, definitely not for me. People are born with addictive personalities, thats fine, I love chinese food and hot lips crisps and a nice bong or 2, thats my addiction, you may have worse ones, weed is fine, stop lumping it in with real dangerous drugs please :)
answers

Galway, Ireland

#20 May 6, 2012
dactyl666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I don't do any of that crap, I smoke through a vaporizer or bong if I don't have it handy. I have 3 college degrees, great job and a wife and child and I'm f**king proud :) Had a line of C or 2 when I went to holland a few years back, definitely not for me. People are born with addictive personalities, thats fine, I love chinese food and hot lips crisps and a nice bong or 2, thats my addiction, you may have worse ones, weed is fine, stop lumping it in with real dangerous drugs please :)
agree,dont mind the police goin after the hard drug dealers on this website but they should leave the average joe's who like a bit of weed now and then alone...
Sir alex

Ireland

#21 May 6, 2012
irish stoner wrote:
wat a bunch of spanners.i dont evan know where to start with u ppl dont asume im some stupid little stoner i can guarantee that u dont know as much as me i know wat drugs can to and the harms and alot more than u know to be honest.people can live a perfectly normal live and still use drugs and evan live a better live than someone who dosent.every thing u went trough in ur life makes u the person u are now so u obviesly arnt happy and i couldnt be happier with my life know i love my life
... Just to u stoner I am very very happy on my life have wonderfull kids and wife really nice home and my own successful buissnes ... So f. uck u and ur little world
Totaly agree

Ireland

#22 May 6, 2012
irish stoner wrote:
<quoted text>
few canz i dont drink beer fool
what no more u in recovery for drink u are some sap
Totaly agree

Ireland

#25 May 7, 2012
irish stoner wrote:
<quoted text>
just to you "sir alex" i have a better life than u i got kids and a soon ta be wife and i bring in a decent wage every week so fcuk ur sh1tty little world.wats ur point spanner?
... U know nothing about my life.I have a wife and kids.One is in collage doing acca in accounting , other leaving cert and one in transition year. I am my own boss and own my own house is a very nice part of Dublin.. So don't you think for one min u are better then me.and if u want me to say that to your face tell me when and where?you call me a spanner well if I am a spanner your a nut!!!!!
plantkon

Rush, Ireland

#26 May 7, 2012
ya's are all a bunch of little bitches, always someone arguing on this forum, women, hahaha sad bastards

“Fight Like A Girl”

Since: Jul 10

Boston, MA

#27 May 27, 2012
Finally a thread that wants a honest answer and look how the poster was treated! Sad !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dublin, Ireland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White needed 3 hr Railz 1
all celebrities and politicans are ugly in a way 3 hr Jill 2
Ulster is British 3 hr Dale 6
Xans, 1,2,5mg 3 hr xanman 1
You irish are so god damn ugly and fickle (Apr '14) 3 hr Ally 19
We need Irish unity under the crown (Feb '14) 4 hr vvb 41
Irish people did NOT build NYC Sep 28 Cat 7

Dublin, Ireland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE