Saving tourism sector now an - emergency'

Oct 27, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Mayo News

Saving tourism sector now an 'emergency' Anna Marie Flynn A MAYO hotelier has called on the Government to take emergency action to salvage the Irish tourism sector and to thwart the consistent drop in visitor numbers.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2009
Don McLane

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

You did the same thing the US. has done. When I check into a hotel,stop to eat or shop I want to be around and hear the Irish people. Most americans go to Ireland for the connection to family roots of somekind. How sad it is not to have that type of experience that was so common in the past. You have the greatest. kindest and nicest people in the world. Get them back in places and never mind the cheap labor

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Don McLane wrote:
You did the same thing the US. has done. When I check into a hotel,stop to eat or shop I want to be around and hear the Irish people. Most americans go to Ireland for the connection to family roots of somekind. How sad it is not to have that type of experience that was so common in the past. You have the greatest. kindest and nicest people in the world. Get them back in places and never mind the cheap labor
I wholeheartedly agree with you Don. Unfortunately the Irish are so money mad now that I doubt this will ever happen! I regret to inform you that Ireland is gone, she was eaten alive and shat out by the European Union. Resistance was futile and for the most part never happened so we have been assimilated.

RIP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Connacht, Ireland Discussions

Search the Connacht, Ireland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gold found in Kingscourt (Nov '13) Nov '13 james 1
'The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson': Diane... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Stefan 1
green (Aug '13) Aug '13 Featurin 1
Michigan Irish Music Festival favorite Slide re... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Katie 1
Steroids for sale (Feb '13) Feb '13 D-man12 4
Irish marchers protest nationwide against auste... (Feb '13) Feb '13 european2012 1
On abortion, on homosexuality and on abuse, the... (Dec '12) Dec '12 PAUL shykora ARTs 3
•••
•••