Saving tourism sector now an - emerge...

Saving tourism sector now an - emergency'

There are 2 comments on the The Mayo News story from Oct 27, 2009, titled Saving tourism sector now an - emergency'. In it, The Mayo News reports that:

Saving tourism sector now an 'emergency' Anna Marie Flynn A MAYO hotelier has called on the Government to take emergency action to salvage the Irish tourism sector and to thwart the consistent drop in visitor numbers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mayo News.

Don McLane

AOL

#1 Nov 1, 2009
You did the same thing the US. has done. When I check into a hotel,stop to eat or shop I want to be around and hear the Irish people. Most americans go to Ireland for the connection to family roots of somekind. How sad it is not to have that type of experience that was so common in the past. You have the greatest. kindest and nicest people in the world. Get them back in places and never mind the cheap labor

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 1, 2009
Don McLane wrote:
You did the same thing the US. has done. When I check into a hotel,stop to eat or shop I want to be around and hear the Irish people. Most americans go to Ireland for the connection to family roots of somekind. How sad it is not to have that type of experience that was so common in the past. You have the greatest. kindest and nicest people in the world. Get them back in places and never mind the cheap labor
I wholeheartedly agree with you Don. Unfortunately the Irish are so money mad now that I doubt this will ever happen! I regret to inform you that Ireland is gone, she was eaten alive and shat out by the European Union. Resistance was futile and for the most part never happened so we have been assimilated.

RIP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connacht, Ireland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sense of 'rural left behind' not unique to us Mar '16 Long Grass Stalker 1
News 'The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson': Diane... (Aug '13) Sep '15 harescrambles 2
News Weather alert as rain turns to snow and tempera... (Dec '14) Sep '15 harescrambles 2
govsingapore (Jan '15) Jan '15 Goh 1
News From Tipp to Albania for Heart to Hand volunteers (Nov '14) Nov '14 Aleksandra 1
News Gold found in Kingscourt (Nov '13) Nov '13 james 1
green (Aug '13) Aug '13 Featurin 1
More from around the web