"Noah" Film Inspires Flood of Religious Freak-Outs

Mar 27, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Mother Jones

The new Darren Aronofsky movie Noah is pissing off quite a lot of people. The outrage over the film - which retells that famous biblical tale of Noah, his ark, and God's wrathful flood - is international and diverse in its stupidity.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#1 Mar 27, 2014
Muslims whine about everything. Who gives a sht? Hopefully, they will riot, burn down their own neighborhoods and kill one another... you know, to show us.

LOL!
Warner

Dublin, Ireland

#2 Mar 27, 2014
I am looking forward to seeing this film. I like a biblical epic film as long as it keeps to the Truth of God in the Bible.

Muslims are deranged!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 27, 2014
Muslim leaders around the world will throw a hissy fit of rage, publicly speak out in rage etc over a movie or cartoon, but never show the same outrage as a collective group when Christians are murdered in Nigeria by muslims, churches having grenades thrown into them in Kenya or persecuted anywhere else.
Warner

Dublin, Ireland

#4 Mar 27, 2014
Naturally Wired wrote:
Muslim leaders around the world will throw a hissy fit of rage, publicly speak out in rage etc over a movie or cartoon, but never show the same outrage as a collective group when Christians are murdered in Nigeria by muslims, churches having grenades thrown into them in Kenya or persecuted anywhere else.
The reason why Muslims kill Christians is because they want to destroy Love and have Satan rule. When Christianity is gone, love is gone. The god of the Quran is the best of Deceivers and it is Satan who brings oppression and intolerance and fascist and totalitarian practices. Hatred and evil stand in place of God and love.

Killers and people who destroy Christianity and love, are not part of God but part of Satan so Hell is their domain.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#5 Mar 27, 2014
Jesus used the flood of Noah's day to prophecy the end of this wicked world, ruled by Satan the Devil the god this world worships.
Matthew 24:37
2Corinthians 4:4

Almighty God Jehovah, the God of Noah and Abraham and Jesus are in complete control of the gathering of survivors in these final days. Jehovah God has Jesus and the angels and his earthly Kingdom subjects busy in preaching and helping people find the spiritual ark of love, love for Jehovah God and their fellow man.
Matthew 22:37-39
Matthew 13:41
John 14:15
John 3:36
Noah preached for many years, but no one listened and obey his direction, only his human family survived, 8 people. Today people think Jehovah's witnesses are hated, but Jesus said if they hated me, they will hate you too.
2Peter 2:5
John 15:19,20
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#6 Mar 27, 2014
True Christian witness wrote:
Jesus used the flood of Noah's day to prophecy the end of this wicked world, ruled by Satan the Devil the god this world worships.
Matthew 24:37
2Corinthians 4:4
Almighty God Jehovah, the God of Noah and Abraham and Jesus are in complete control of the gathering of survivors in these final days. Jehovah God has Jesus and the angels and his earthly Kingdom subjects busy in preaching and helping people find the spiritual ark of love, love for Jehovah God and their fellow man.
Matthew 22:37-39
Matthew 13:41
John 14:15
Noah preached for many years, but no one listened and obey his direction, only his human family survived, 8 people. Today people think Jehovah's witnesses are hated, but Jesus said if they hated me, they will hate you too.
2Peter 2:5
John 15:19,20
Christians don't hate Jehovah's Witnesses. I am a Presbyterian Christian. I accept that Jesus has other flocks of Christians and He will gather them all together to the same place in the last of the last days. Jesus is already doing that and all Christians must unite with each other and not be divided.

I don't mean that we must all worship God in the same way, for example, Roman Catholic Christians have long masses and various rituals such as geneflection and incence burning that Presbyterian Churches don't have, but l mean that Christians must understand that they all worship God in the knowledge that Jesus is the Saviour and sacrificial lamb offering.

If someone says that they are Christian but they don't believe that Jesus died on the Cross or was resurrected then they are not Christian regardless of whether they believe that they are.

This is the truth of Jesus and Christians are not Christian if they think that Jesus was not the Son of God, as the first Son, but l am His son through adoption through Jesus. Jesus was crucified, anyone who says that He was not crucified is not a Christian. Jesus was resurrected again and anyone who says He was not is not Christian.

Jesus is the Living Word of God (the voice of God) and SInless and Eternal. Anyone who says that Jesus was not sinless is not Christian. Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Living Word of God is not Christian. Anyone who says that Jesus is not Eternal is not Christian. Jesus is the Christ and Messiah and anyone who says that He is not is not Christian.

Do you believe in those statements above and if you don't please tell me what you don't believe?
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#7 Mar 27, 2014
Warner wrote:
<quoted text>Christians don't hate Jehovah's Witnesses. I am a Presbyterian Christian. I accept that Jesus has other flocks of Christians and He will gather them all together to the same place in the last of the last days. Jesus is already doing that and all Christians must unite with each other and not be divided.
I don't mean that we must all worship God in the same way, for example, Roman Catholic Christians have long masses and various rituals such as geneflection and incence burning that Presbyterian Churches don't have, but l mean that Christians must understand that they all worship God in the knowledge that Jesus is the Saviour and sacrificial lamb offering.
If someone says that they are Christian but they don't believe that Jesus died on the Cross or was resurrected then they are not Christian regardless of whether they believe that they are.
This is the truth of Jesus and Christians are not Christian if they think that Jesus was not the Son of God, as the first Son, but l am His son through adoption through Jesus. Jesus was crucified, anyone who says that He was not crucified is not a Christian. Jesus was resurrected again and anyone who says He was not is not Christian.
Jesus is the Living Word of God (the voice of God) and SInless and Eternal. Anyone who says that Jesus was not sinless is not Christian. Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Living Word of God is not Christian. Anyone who says that Jesus is not Eternal is not Christian. Jesus is the Christ and Messiah and anyone who says that He is not is not Christian.
Do you believe in those statements above and if you don't please tell me what you don't believe?]
The Bible is the absolute authority and only truth, Jesus was called the Word of God, he was God's spokesman, and Jesus was the first and only creation of Almighty God Jehovah in heaven, therefore he can be the only begotten son of God in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:15

What you believe is only truth if it is from the Scriptures, and Jesus taught, people who believe the lies of men, false doctrines about God and truth, their worship is in vain, they will not survive the end of this world. Only those who imitate and obey Jesus in pure worship to Jehovah God will have the approval of our Judge Jesus at Armageddon, the final war against Satan the Devil and his unrighteous world.
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#8 Mar 27, 2014
<quoted text>
The Bible is the absolute authority and only truth, Jesus was called the Word of God, he was God's spokesman, and Jesus was the first and only creation of Almighty God Jehovah in heaven, therefore he can be the only begotten son of God in heaven and on earth. Colossians 1:15
What you believe is only truth if it is from the Scriptures, and Jesus taught, people who believe the lies of men, false doctrines about God and truth, their worship is in vain, they will not survive the end of this world. Only those who imitate and obey Jesus in pure worship to Jehovah God will have the approval of our Judge Jesus at Armageddon, the final war against Satan the Devil and his unrighteous world.
l think that you must surely recognise that what l believe is totally in keeping with the Gospel scriptures! Yes, you are in line with the Bible from what you have said. So, you are my Christian brethren. There is not a point of conflict. Jesus Christ accepts that those who believe him to be the Son of God, the living Word of God, the truth of God, and Sinless and Eternal and the Christ and Messiah, and their Saviour as the sacrifice for their sins are Christians. You don't need to believe that Jesus is God. You will find out later on your Judgement Day as to who Jesus is exactly.

If you think that you are disliked as a Jehovah's witness perhaps it is secular people who are against you when you go round the doors. Other Christians should be ok with you but they have their own preferences of how they prefer to worship.

I respect Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't agree with not taking a blood transfusion because l don't believe that the scriptures mean don't take a blood transfusion, as it cannot mean that! I think that it means don't eat raw meat or drink blood. Perhaps, hungry people did drink blood for nourishment. I think if someone is kind enough to donate blood to save a life then if l need it, l would take it. If we all take the view when we are ill God is calling us home and we should not block his plan, then lots of people will die, children will die or be orphaned and basically we would not need doctors. Why not extend that to not wearing spectacles or having dental work, or having antibiotics etc. Medical neglect will lead to death in many, many cases, even though the illness or malady started off in a very minor way that could be easily treated.

You as a Jehovah's witness are entitled, of course, to believe as you do. It is a matter for you alone and it's not my business and there is no reason why you should be disrespected by other Christians. If they disrespect you, and you ask if they are Christians, and they say Yes, then you should feel free to rebuke them for their unloving attitude! You have a duty to correct their bad behaviour.

You worship the true God and you have a Religion that should be respected. You don't oppress others nor would you violate them. God bless you!

“Facts, not fiction”

Since: Apr 07

Earth

#9 Mar 28, 2014
Have the commenters here read the article itself?

If so, they apparently failed to notice Fox News complaining about the movie for not mentioning "god" (failing to recognize the frequent use of the word "creator"), and another christian group doing a survey in which the respondents complained about the movie (although that was more of a proxy for "secular Hollywood", since they hadn't really seen the movie...).
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#10 Mar 30, 2014
The creator of the movie Noah was interviewed, and he said this movie is the exact opposite of what the Bible account teaches. It is a flick to stir imaginations and entertain, that is all. Any concept from the Bible, is the name only.

Any true Christian would never see this movie, because of that fact.
Philippians 4:8
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#11 Mar 30, 2014
Warner wrote:
<quoted text>l think that you must surely recognise that what l believe is totally in keeping with the Gospel scriptures! Yes, you are in line with the Bible from what you have said. So, you are my Christian brethren. There is not a point of conflict. Jesus Christ accepts that those who believe him to be the Son of God, the living Word of God, the truth of God, and Sinless and Eternal and the Christ and Messiah, and their Saviour as the sacrifice for their sins are Christians. You don't need to believe that Jesus is God. You will find out later on your Judgement Day as to who Jesus is exactly.
If you think that you are disliked as a Jehovah's witness perhaps it is secular people who are against you when you go round the doors. Other Christians should be ok with you but they have their own preferences of how they prefer to worship.
I respect Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't agree with not taking a blood transfusion because l don't believe that the scriptures mean don't take a blood transfusion, as it cannot mean that! I think that it means don't eat raw meat or drink blood. Perhaps, hungry people did drink blood for nourishment. I think if someone is kind enough to donate blood to save a life then if l need it, l would take it. If we all take the view when we are ill God is calling us home and we should not block his plan, then lots of people will die, children will die or be orphaned and basically we would not need doctors. Why not extend that to not wearing spectacles or having dental work, or having antibiotics etc. Medical neglect will lead to death in many, many cases, even though the illness or malady started off in a very minor way that could be easily treated.
You as a Jehovah's witness are entitled, of course, to believe as you do. It is a matter for you alone and it's not my business and there is no reason why you should be disrespected by other Christians. If they disrespect you, and you ask if they are Christians, and they say Yes, then you should feel free to rebuke them for their unloving attitude! You have a duty to correct their bad behaviour.
You worship the true God and you have a Religion that should be respected. You don't oppress others nor would you violate them. God bless you!
There was only one way to survive the flood, and there is only one way to survive the end of this world at Armageddon, unless you are a loyal obedient subject of God's heavenly Kingdom government, you will be swept away with this world system. That is Scriptural truth.
Matthew 24:14

I suggest you start a Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses, because they are the only people who can direct you to the Scriptural information to adjust your thinking to have the approval of our reigning King Jesus.
Revelation 11:15
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#12 Mar 30, 2014
<quoted text>
There was only one way to survive the flood, and there is only one way to survive the end of this world at Armageddon, unless you are a loyal obedient subject of God's heavenly Kingdom government, you will be swept away with this world system. That is Scriptural truth.
I suggest you start a Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses, because they are the only people who can direct you to the Scriptural information to adjust your thinking to have the approval of our reigning King Jesus.
Revelation 11:15
I am pleased to inform you that you Jesus keeps me on the right path. I am not disagreeing with you that you are on the same path as me, the narrow path. Please realise that all Christians who believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the Word of God and Eternal and their Saviour as the Messiah and the Christ and who keep the Commandments of God are obedient to God and on the correct path following the Commandments within our hearts. We must not worship religion but only God. There should only be the recognition between Christians on the points that l have made, no other considerations.

There are various Christian denominations and some of them have small differences in how they worship. Some Christians believe that a Christian is not a Christian unless they have a full water immersion and they will quote from John The Babtist about how it is not open to negotiation! Other Christians such as the Mormons believe that Christians evolve upwards to God, through the Church hierarchy. But I tell you through my personal relationship with Jesus that He came to me before my Church life began and l was saved at that point He entered me in possession, although l was marked as His before that point. I am a spiritual Christian, and spirituality is real not a flimsy thing! Of course, l am not a Spiritualist who would tell fortunes and deal with matters that cannot profit my Lord, so l am saying without boasting that l am of a high spiritual order. We are not all the same as Christians! I am in a minority in my Church and l only say that so, you will understand that it is not something that the Church has particularly taught me but God has given me what is needed for His purpose!

I am irked by divisions within Christian denominations as l know that they must all pull together. Christianity is under attack from the Anti-Christ now and has been for some time. Christians must not argue with each other. This is a Commandment from Jesus and l don't ignore his directives so you should not either. Get wise!

Why should you listen to me, l tell you that if you listen to me, then you are paying heed to your Lord. In God's truth, l tell you that fact. Listen not to anyone in the JW who would disagree with me. Understand that God chooses who He will give confidences to! We all have gifts! Some gifts are Earthly and some have people have been given Heavenly gifts. I am devoted to Jesus and l hope that He will reveal the truth of what l wrote to you. If this truth is not revealed to you by God, then you will need to submit yourself to God in a deeper way, because you should see his truth in what l have said. I don't lie about anything and l would certainly not lie in God's name!

Where do you think that l should be, if not dealing with the condemned who are on the wrong path? It is not you l am talking about ! Keep up your good work and don't mistake the truth that l have given you as arrogance and delusion or you will disappoint me but more importantly my Lord and your Lord.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#13 Mar 31, 2014
Warner wrote:
<quoted text>I am pleased to inform you that you Jesus keeps me on the right path. I am not disagreeing with you that you are on the same path as me, the narrow path. Please realise that all Christians who believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the Word of God and Eternal and their Saviour as the Messiah and the Christ and who keep the Commandments of God are obedient to God and on the correct path following the Commandments within our hearts. We must not worship religion but only God. There should only be the recognition between Christians on the points that l have made, no other considerations.
There are various Christian denominations and some of them have small differences in how they worship. Some Christians believe that a Christian is not a Christian unless they have a full water immersion and they will quote from John The Babtist about how it is not open to negotiation! Other Christians such as the Mormons believe that Christians evolve upwards to God, through the Church hierarchy. But I tell you through my personal relationship with Jesus that He came to me before my Church life began and l was saved at that point He entered me in possession, although l was marked as His before that point. I am a spiritual Christian, and spirituality is real not a flimsy thing! Of course, l am not a Spiritualist who would tell fortunes and deal with matters that cannot profit my Lord, so l am saying without boasting that l am of a high spiritual order. We are not all the same as Christians! I am in a minority in my Church and l only say that so, you will understand that it is not something that the Church has particularly taught me but God has given me what is needed for His purpose!
I am irked by divisions within Christian denominations as l know that they must all pull together. Christianity is under attack from the Anti-Christ now and has been for some time. Christians must not argue with each other. This is a Commandment from Jesus and l don't ignore his directives so you should not either. Get wise!
Why should you listen to me, l tell you that if you listen to me, then you are paying heed to your Lord. In God's truth, l tell you that fact. Listen not to anyone in the JW who would disagree with me. Understand that God chooses who He will give confidences to! We all have gifts! Some gifts are Earthly and some have people have been given Heavenly gifts. I am devoted to Jesus and l hope that He will reveal the truth of what l wrote to you. If this truth is not revealed to you by God, then you will need to submit yourself to God in a deeper way, because you should see his truth in what l have said. I don't lie about anything and l would certainly not lie in God's name!
Where do you think that l should be, if not dealing with the condemned who are on the wrong path? It is not you l am talking about ! Keep up your good work and don't mistake the truth that l have given you as arrogance and delusion or you will disappoint me but more importantly my Lord and your Lord.
Your blood is on your own head. I did all Jesus commanded me to do, to tell you the way to survive the end of this world, and if you don't obey those directions from a subject of Jehovah God's heavenly government, the only way for you to get saved, so be it.
Matthew 28:19,20
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#14 Mar 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Your blood is on your own head. I did all Jesus commanded me to do, to tell you the way to survive the end of this world, and if you don't obey those directions from a subject of Jehovah God's heavenly government, the only way for you to get saved, so be it.
Matthew 28:19,20
Would You make a comment like that to Jesus? Would you tell Jesus that He has to follow your branch of Christianity?

I have told you what the criteria is for being saved! You must never argue with Jesus. Jesus has told you as to who He will save and how he will judge. I am a Spiritual Christian, l am possessed by Jesus. God never changes! I am already judged by Jesus and l am His. You need to see better, and l pray for you that you will do so! Obviously, there are some problems with JW for you to not realise the Truth of God in what l said.

Just to tell you, that l have always been hospitable to the JW and on good terms with them and respected by them when they realised that l have a profound understanding and knowledge of Scripture. In fact l was told by the JW that l am one of the small number of the Heavenly ones who are with Jesus. I know that JW have an Earthly understanding of Scripture but l have not, l have a Heavenly understanding and will return to the Heavenly realms. Jesus can come out and in at will! The numerous JW l have conversed with accept that l am a Spiritualist, as were the Prophets, doubt not, they were! God is Spirit ! So, you should listen to what l have said because it comes from God. I don't like earthliness. I abhor it because in its extreme form it resembles Satan. He pulls everything down. He thinks that he will pull Jesus down but l will fight Satan. Jesus was fully human and fully divine too. JW are Earthly but they must take care on that point and not become too earthly. As for me, l have to keep my feet on the ground and not become too spiritual but l look up and see my God's mansions! My hands never touch the earth.
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#15 Mar 31, 2014
Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who believe that they are the nearest to God, but in actual fact they are not nearest to God because of the level of Earthliness that is in them. They must take care because it is not good to be earthly because they are not far from spiritual blindness and that is caused by Satan.

I have not said that JW worship the Devil or do anything satanic, they are just the most earthly Christians ever and there is a gulf, quite sizeable, between spiritual Christians and earthly Christians. However, they are with my Lord, and He is holding on to them. He will not lose them!

In this group of Christians there is danger that they will believe the lie of Satan, that Jesus is not God's Son. The minute that they go down that route, they will no longer be Christians but apostates from the Truth. Those who deny that Jesus is the Son of God are doomed to be denied Eternal Life. They must take care or their own blood will be on them and the blood of our Saviour Jesus will not pay for their sins!
Warner

Dublin, Ireland

#16 Mar 31, 2014
By now God has surely spread his Gospels to all Nations. It may not be possible to reach all people, but all Nations have been reached. The countries that are now Muslim have been previously Christian and they have now chosen and through trouble and coercion and oppression chosen to follow the teachings of Mohammad and a different message from different doctrines.

We Christians don't have to penetrate the Islamic Nations before the end will come. It is a Christian duty to spread the Truth of God and the good news about our Saviour Jesus. If we know that a house is unsafe and the people within will perish unless they leave it, then it is our duty to persuade them to leave their house and set up a new home that is safe. If we care enough we should not leave them in peril.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#17 Apr 1, 2014
You have set yourself up against the specific Scriptural direction to be no part of this world, to separate yourself from all religion of this world and become a new person in imitation of Jesus as one of Jehovah's witnesses as Jesus was and taught his followers to be. John 14:31 Luke 4:43
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#18 Apr 1, 2014
You have set yourself up against the specific Scriptural direction to be no part of this world, to separate yourself from all religion of this world and become a new person in imitation of Jesus as one of Jehovah's witnesses as Jesus was and taught his followers to be. John 14:31 Luke 4:43
To be called out of the World means to not take part in debauchery and evil acts. The World carries out abortions and peodophillia, rape, theft, lies, deceit and immoral behaviour and blasphemy and rebellion against God Yahweh (who you call Jehovah). I am not part of that World because l don't do these things or approve of these things. We are called to get out there in the World and clean it up and attempt to bring people to Jesus. We live in the World so we cannot take flight from it but we must keep our Christian values and not be deceived to take part in the values of the World.

My sister was allowing her teenage daughter to smoke in the house. I asked why, she had allowed it, and she told me that she could not stop her from smoking and she preferred to allow her to smoke indoors in safety than outdoors at risk. I said to my sister, that she could apply the same argument to sanctioning her daughter to sleep under her roof with a man she brought home on the bases that it was safer to allow it in a safe environment.

The point is l am plainly not part of the immorality of the World, but l have no intention of joining a cloistered community. Why do you judge me to be part of the World? Surely, you can not believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses are the only Christians who are not part of the World? Do you believe Muslims are part of the World? I am interested in your answers here. But I warn you that you are sounding like an accuser.
Warner

Edinburgh, UK

#19 Apr 1, 2014
I tell you the truth, l am so like Jesus that l have to be careful that people don't judge me to believe that l am Jesus. My minister in my Church, has had to defend me from other Christians who claim that l must be committing blasphemy because l sound like God. Well, he says we are meant to model ourself on Jesus and it's alright to sound like Him. Personally, l cannot be other than l am!
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#20 Apr 1, 2014
Warner wrote:
<quoted text>I tell you the truth, l am so like Jesus that l have to be careful that people don't judge me to believe that l am Jesus. My minister in my Church, has had to defend me from other Christians who claim that l must be committing blasphemy because l sound like God. Well, he says we are meant to model ourself on Jesus and it's alright to sound like Him. Personally, l cannot be other than l am!
Nah, you are just self righteous.

You probably think you are already saved from the fires of burning hellfire, when there is no such teaching in the Bible, and you believe you are going to heaven, that is another teaching that is not in the Bible, and you are going to be raptured into the arms of Jesus, and that is another teaching not found in the Bible.

If you love the God of the Bible, Almighty God Jehovah and you love God's word of truth, I suggest you start your personal Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses, so you can learn the truth about God and life, before it is too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jakarta, Indonesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Butuh Master/mistress 14 hr arknemesis 11
cari cowok brondong manis Thu Aldi Farhansyah 5
hyper sex Thu Aldi Farhansyah 5
cari TANTE (Nov '13) Thu Aldi Farhansyah 26
kenapa aceh tidak lepas saja dari indonesia... (Aug '09) Thu nazarul 102
Remote, gas-rich islands on Indonesia's South C... Thu _malon_goblok 5
>>> I HATE INDONeSIA <<< (Jan '11) Aug 26 gue Indonesia 2,935
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••