Number of Muslim child brides on the rise

Dec 20, 2012 Full story: www.examiner.com

They can't purchase alcohol nor drive a car, but Muslim girls as young as 12-years-old are permitted to marry in Malaysia, as reported by The Jakarta Post ...

Full Story

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Dec 20, 2012
from examiner:

"Crossing cultures from Morocco to Indonesia, child brides are widespread throughout the Muslim World, and have been so since the inception of Islam.

"To exacerbate the situation, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah recently issued a fatwa (religious ruling) authorizing marriage for girls as young as 10-years-old.

"Last year a similar fatwa by Salafi preacher Sheikh Mohamed al-Maghrawi allowing girls as young as nine to marry was condemned by Morocco’s Supreme Scientific Council.

"The council said it lacked religious validity because it was based on only one case—the marriage of Prophet Mohamed to Aisha, who he wed when she was six and consummated the marriage when she reached the age of nine."

But isn't Mohamed the template for the behavior of all muslims males?

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 20, 2012
I am very surprised by the Moroccan's Supreme Scientific Councils opinion and the reason for it.
I would venture to say it's Blasphemous.
I'd appreciate words of wisdom or ruling from any Islamic scholars reading this.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Aisha was married as a child.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 20, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
Aisha was married as a child.
We all know this, but the council declared this particular marriage was a special case, implying that this is only reserved for the Prophet and that the masses cannot emulate him.
Yet he is supposed to be an example in all matters.
This is elitism.

Islam, a sham, a blot upon the history of mankind

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jakarta Raya, Indonesia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rich people just don't understand how poor peop... Thu Sherrie8 1
Australia accused of 'surreal hypocrisy' over B... Jan 24 aldi farhansyah 2
Bali Suitcase Murder: Murder Suspect Heather Ma... Jan 24 eyesuponu 2
Australia urges Indonesia to grant mercy... Jan 23 PAK TAMRIN YANTO 1
Indonesia: Jokowi's 'unprecedented' presidentia... (Jul '14) Jan 23 IBU INDAH SARI 4
6 prisoners executed in Indonesia, including 5 ... Jan 19 Oh Please 3
AirAsia Flight's Black Box Found by Divers in P... Jan 12 eubert80 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:59 am PST