The Permanent Daughterly Record / Reh...

The Permanent Daughterly Record / Rehearsing Thanksgiving, long-distance, over the phone: 'Should...

There are 1 comment on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 15, 2010, titled The Permanent Daughterly Record / Rehearsing Thanksgiving, long-distance, over the phone: 'Should.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Writes PuzzleLover in Eagan: "Subject: Things we never taught our kids. "Our daughter married and moved to Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Yishah

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 15, 2010
My husband, "The Big Guy", was five years old when the Armistace Blizzard hit their farm in High Prairie outside of Sogn. Before the blizzard hit, they were just having a regular farm day. Things changed rapidly. His dad started the tractors so they would not freeze up and got the cows into the barn. He and his mom were pulling chickens out of snow drifts that were ever growing. Only his dad went out of the house for the next week and that was only to milk the cows and clean the barn. He said that the snow came up so quickly and no one saw anything like that again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Tomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emergency aid sent to hurricane victims in St V... (Nov '10) Jun '14 mathew smith 2
News Over 50 Dead from Hurricane Sandy in Haiti (Oct '12) Oct '12 Doug Cardinale 1
News Saint Luciaa s Aiports are Open, Island is Read... (Nov '10) Jul '12 Yarde 3
News Many leaving Haiti's earthquake settlement camps (Apr '11) Apr '11 FEMA solution maybe 1
News Tomas barrelling toward Haiti (Nov '10) Jan '11 dusa 2
News Haiti's Misery, Our Disgrace (Jan '11) Jan '11 Mek 3
News Haiti in ruins, volunteers pay their own way to... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Down and Out 7
More from around the web