Letter Box

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brattleboro Reformer

How many tourists will flock to Vermont when the obsolete Vermont Yankee nuclear plant goes the way of Chernobyl and Fukushima and blows apart due to overstressed parts, releasing toxic poisons that would make Brattleboro uninhabitable for decades? The story of Entergy Louisiana versus the People of Vermont is the age-old tale of David versus ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of89
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wonder

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Actually, it is a majority who wants to keep VY open and slso to use the electricity it produces. It is the whacko hippies who are wasting time, energy, and money trying to close it down using propaganda efforts.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

How about none? Tourists don't care about VY. The very few that do can go somewhere else. We have too many tourists who come here and then want to move here. Stay home.
whodat

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

So the argument is that the tourism industry of Vermont is more lucrative than the power industry? I live in vt and I'm trying to get the hell out brah.
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

whodat wrote:
So the argument is that the tourism industry of Vermont is more lucrative than the power industry? I live in vt and I'm trying to get the hell out brah.
I never said it was more lucrative than the power industry and don't think it is. The tourism industry is nice and quaint but it tends to produce low income jobs. If you live in Vermont and are trying to leave for economic reasons I congratulate you for seeing the light.
Truth Will Out

Nelson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

whodat wrote:
So the argument is that the tourism industry of Vermont is more lucrative than the power industry? I live in vt and I'm trying to get the hell out brah.
You are not the only one who trying to get out of Vermont. Not because of VY but because of REAL problems.
whodat

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Yea I could care less about vy, vt sucks on its own merit.
Usually Quiet

Nelson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

whodat wrote:
Yea I could care less about vy, vt sucks on its own merit.
Vermont was once a great state, but not anymore.It has become a paradise for the far left, driving out the natives the way that 18th and 19th century whites once did to the Native Americans.
whodat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Usually Quiet wrote:
<quoted text>Vermont was once a great state, but not anymore.It has become a paradise for the far left, driving out the natives the way that 18th and 19th century whites once did to the Native Americans.
it doesn't matter, the state is imploding and pretty soon no productive form of humanity will be here. Theyll change its name from "the green mountain state" to "the welfare state"
Asleep No More

Acworth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I love Vermont for what she once was.
isobels child

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Asleep No More wrote:
I love Vermont for what she once was.
Me too
OccupyReality

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

isobels child wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too
We live next to taxacusetts but we are clearly taxmont.
I Know More Than You

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 3, 2013
 
Fox News Idiot wrote:
We live next to taxacusetts but we are clearly taxmont.
So Vermont is top three in tax burden? Top five? Top ten?
Agnostic

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 3, 2013
 
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
So Vermont is top three in tax burden? Top five? Top ten?
Evan, can't you use a computer and the internet? Why don't you tell us. You 14 year olds are pretty good cherry picking what you want to say.

Without looking and having looked in the past I think Vermont is in the top ten on some lists and on the list of taxes relative to disposable income they are in the top 5. That doesn't count the hidden taxes like the $15/mo the average family pays in increased electric bills to support the failing SPEED project.
I Know More Than You

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 3, 2013
 
Fox News Idiot wrote:
Evan, can't you use a computer and the internet? Why don't you tell us. You 14 year olds are pretty good cherry picking what you want to say.
Without looking and having looked in the past I think Vermont is in the top ten on some lists and on the list of taxes relative to disposable income they are in the top 5. That doesn't count the hidden taxes like the $15/mo the average family pays in increased electric bills to support the failing SPEED project.
Typical teabagger hypocrite, waiting for someone else to do their work for them.

So much for trying to teach a man to fish...
Agnostic

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 3, 2013
 
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical teabagger hypocrite, waiting for someone else to do their work for them.
So much for trying to teach a man to fish...
Evan, your usual response when you are cornered. You are the one who asked the original question about something that wasn't even in the discussion. You are the one who claims to be an expert in the use of the internet. Why didn't you look it up from the begining.

That being said you do all right for a 14 year old living in Keene.
I Know More Than You

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 3, 2013
 
Fox News Idiot wrote:
Evan, your usual response when you are cornered. You are the one who asked the original question about something that wasn't even in the discussion. You are the one who claims to be an expert in the use of the internet. Why didn't you look it up from the begining.
That being said you do all right for a 14 year old living in Keene.
"Taxamont"

Unlike you, I actually verify what I post.

You lose again moron.
VT stillBestOf 50States

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 3, 2013
 
yeah before nukenuts placed their dangerous dirtybomb in Vernon
VT stillBestOf 50States

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 3, 2013
 
that was a reply to Asleep no more's:
"I love Vermont for what she once was."
////
Realizing The National Condition Of Japan
Japan Times
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/rc20130103a1...
Largest Japan Population Drop In Over A Century http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/soci...
Agnostic

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 4, 2013
 
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
"Taxamont"
Unlike you, I actually verify what I post.
You lose again moron.
Evan, Really angry aren't you. You have to think a little more if you want to have a good debate with me.

It was taxmont not taxamont. You haven't really said what your objection to the reference is. I have to assume you don't think Vermont has high taxes but you are wrong. I know about how high Vermont's taxes are. I pay them. Both real estate and income taxes. Both are high.

And why do you care since you live in NH. Although your dad has to pay the high NH real estate taxes and the high Vermont income taxes. A double whammy.
Jesus Christ

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 4, 2013
 
Fox News Idiot wrote:
Evan, Really angry aren't you. You have to think a little more if you want to have a good debate with me.
It was taxmont not taxamont. You haven't really said what your objection to the reference is. I have to assume you don't think Vermont has high taxes but you are wrong. I know about how high Vermont's taxes are. I pay them. Both real estate and income taxes. Both are high.
And why do you care since you live in NH. Although your dad has to pay the high NH real estate taxes and the high Vermont income taxes. A double whammy.
Wrong on every count as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of89
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••