Utility workers pelted with eggs fixing downed wires in Connecticut

There are 18 comments on the Examiner.com story from Nov 2, 2012, titled Utility workers pelted with eggs fixing downed wires in Connecticut. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Utility workers were pelted with eggs and other objects as they tried to fix the power lines that were damaged during Hurricane Sandy in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom Eddies Son

Rochester, NY

#22 Nov 5, 2012
Just goes to show Americans are waaaaaaaaay too dependent on Electricity and dont know how to survive or cope without it.

Not only are those Electric cars no good if they can't recharge, neither are your gasoline combustible ones that need electricity to pump the gas out of the tanks to the nozzles at the pump.

Electric stoves and microwaves, yet they dont have alternate means to cook.

I always said if terrorists really wanted to hurt America, their best bet is to disable electric power, we dont know how to function without it, unlike the supposed barbaric 3rd world countries who do on a daily basis.
Midwestern Hillbilly

Brownstown, IL

#23 Nov 5, 2012
Tom, other nations know our vulnerabilities very, very well. Far better understanding than US Citizens.

China, Russia, the US and other countries are developing amazing stuff based on Nikola Tesla's fantastic old-time science.(He worked with Thomas Edison and they had a parting of the ways back in the 1900s).

Many remember and were captivated by Ronald Reagan's holding-forth about STAR WARS...unaware it was bootlegged from Tesla's earlier works.

The military is well aware of ramifications. Nowadays they tend to build stuff "hardened" to take that into account. Some private citizens who are rather hinky about it (I'm not among them) build Faraday Cages.

Your average person hearing of a Faraday Cage think it's something to put a hampster outside in on a really fine and 'fair' day, LOL.

But, an EMP "burst" set off in the atmosphere about Kansas, they say, could wipe out the power grids for the entire USA. Would make hurricane outages seem like a kindness.

Few people do realize how vulnerable we are to nature (and other nations).

Having no power for almost two weeks, as has happened to us a couple of times in past decade, makes us shudder to think of an EMP when utility companies and workers can't do a damned thing about it.

Plus, many of the electrical grids we have are over loaded. AND "older than dirt" (like so much of our general infrastructure.

I'll go have my shot of whiskey now and cease being a Mary Sunshine In Drag, LOL.
ROBBIE ROBB

Danbury, CT

#24 Nov 5, 2012
clinton wrote:
<quoted text>nigger staffer whose sole function was sexual.
wine enema robbie?
carpetbaggers

Bryn Mawr, PA

#25 Nov 8, 2012
What infuriates about the waste of power is that in the winter I see people cranking their heat to tropical temperatures and in the summer I see people making sweater weather with the a/c. The same people want public assistance for these temperatures. They're boderline but don't qualify but it is that sense of entitlement and over reliance on power that is annoying.

When I see the conditions in the hurricane zone in and near NY without power and yet others in unaffected areas complaining they simply can't "afford" to get "comfy' it shows how much they are taking power for granted. I always try to keep the house as close to the outside temperature as possible which helps me adapt and saves money.

Survival is onething but entitled to a artificially power enviorment??? Let's get the people without power the basics before we cry about what we 'want' or 'like' or what 'should' be.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#26 Nov 8, 2012
YES.....

Location hidden

#27 Nov 8, 2012
BPT wrote:
here's something i observed while waiting for my power to be restored, yesterday at 7 pm.
a HUGE tree fell on madison ave in front of testo's resturant.
knocked down two poles blocked the entire street. that was fixed and up and running by wednesday 11/7.
is it because mario testa is the head of the demcratic party here in bridgeport?
what do YOU think?
YES....
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#28 Nov 8, 2012
carpetbaggers wrote:
What infuriates about the waste of power is that in the winter I see people cranking their heat to tropical temperatures and in the summer I see people making sweater weather with the a/c. The same people want public assistance for these temperatures. They're boderline but don't qualify but it is that sense of entitlement and over reliance on power that is annoying.
When I see the conditions in the hurricane zone in and near NY without power and yet others in unaffected areas complaining they simply can't "afford" to get "comfy' it shows how much they are taking power for granted. I always try to keep the house as close to the outside temperature as possible which helps me adapt and saves money.
Survival is onething but entitled to a artificially power enviorment??? Let's get the people without power the basics before we cry about what we 'want' or 'like' or what 'should' be.
........Anywhere you go, you will find people mirror their leaders. They vote these people in and then want what they have. You are in Connecticut, land of the self-entitled politician. So self-entitled most every State employee is involved with "gettin' mine". The payoffs to local cops in Bpt. won't even buy lunch for the real crooks like the State Senators and The Attorney General. Former Gov. Rowland went to jail for a couple of payoffs, but nobody has said a word about where did the 252 million $$ from the illegal contracts he took the payoffs for went. Gee, do you think the investigators and the courts are in on it too? So the junkie on State who wants that flop-house room to seem like a tropical island in a blizzard is just a symptom of the political disease here.
looters won

Naugatuck, CT

#29 Nov 8, 2012
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>........Anywhere you go, you will find people mirror their leaders. They vote these people in and then want what they have. You are in Connecticut, land of the self-entitled politician. So self-entitled most every State employee is involved with "gettin' mine". The payoffs to local cops in Bpt. won't even buy lunch for the real crooks like the State Senators and The Attorney General. Former Gov. Rowland went to jail for a couple of payoffs, but nobody has said a word about where did the 252 million $$ from the illegal contracts he took the payoffs for went. Gee, do you think the investigators and the courts are in on it too? So the junkie on State who wants that flop-house room to seem like a tropical island in a blizzard is just a symptom of the political disease here.
What about libya scandal and F&F.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#30 Nov 9, 2012
looters won wrote:
<quoted text>What about libya scandal and F&F.
...Let's try staying in Ct. before changing subjects...
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#31 Nov 9, 2012
The Free Shit Parade
A quote:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."

--Attributed to everybody from de Toqueville to some guy named Tytler

So the USA has been a democratic republic for over 200 years, I'd say that's a pretty good run. it was only a matter of time before the politicians discovered they could bribe the voters with other people's money and voters discovered they could vote themselves freebies. It was only a matter of time before the politicians discovered that timeless human emotions like hate, jealousy, greed, and envy could be mined for votes.

A face book friend just posted this (not exact quote): My kid just showed me her face book and a bunch of her friends have posted to the effect that Obama won now we can keep our food stamps for 4 more years.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#32 Nov 9, 2012
As for the power outages, I had to bring a friend to the airport yesterday, and she always flies out of Westchester. Going through Greenwich, we could see that there are still some lines down, and some roads still being blocked off, open only to local traffic. I made a wrong turn onto Tower Lane, near the airport, and there were 5 utility trucks, 2 vans, and one car (looked like an unmarked detective's car) on that road, right near the main road. When I realized my mistake and turned around to go back to Lake Street, we saw the trucks leaving, the lines still down, and no power restored as yet (there were no lights on in the buildings near the road that we could see). The airport had power, but her plane still left about 45 minutes later than scheduled. She did arrive at her destination safely, thank you.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#33 Nov 9, 2012
World is a little smaller now than even 50 years ago. Starting to look like Blumenthal is nothing more than a lobbyist for UBS and RBS. Both are in Stamford and he has already diverted scrutiny away from UBS on the part of Ct. for predatory lending practices despite N.Y., N.J. and Mass. going after them. Surprise! There are two or three Golubs in charge there at UBS. Dontchathink that since his ex-partner in Greenwich, the one he gave 1/4 billion $$ to, could be related? Seems to prove just how crooked the gov't even at the federal level has become. And now he has bootlicker Murphy to double his vote.

Location hidden

#34 Nov 9, 2012
Welcome back Lynne my friend. We missed you.
carpetbaggers

Bryn Mawr, PA

#35 Nov 9, 2012
I wonder if all those white collar workers in the richest state of Conneticut throwing eggs at utility workers were also calling executive at the local power company, state representatives or
state utility regulators to see what was going on? Aren't white collars executives supposed to know how to get things done?

http://www.cpbn.org/connecticut-keeps-richest...
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#36 Nov 9, 2012
carpetbaggers wrote:
I wonder if all those white collar workers in the richest state of Conneticut throwing eggs at utility workers were also calling executive at the local power company, state representatives or
state utility regulators to see what was going on? Aren't white collars executives supposed to know how to get things done?
http://www.cpbn.org/connecticut-keeps-richest...
.... Wow, went to the link. Wow, that's based on reported income, these politicians have been robbing us so long I bet they started their own island country just to deposit the bribes and graft they get from this states taxpayers.

Location hidden

#37 Nov 9, 2012
I cannot afford to thrown eggs at anybody.
carpetbaggers

Bryn Mawr, PA

#38 Nov 9, 2012
American Gentleman Samuel wrote:
I cannot afford to thrown eggs at anybody.
Throwing eggs seems too prankish but something a college frat boy would do. To white collar types I guess egg throwing sends a message. It is a waste of food that could go into short supply. Idiots can cook eggs off a gas stove or grill. A waste of food indeed.

Location hidden

#39 Nov 9, 2012
#38 is correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sandy lets town off easy (Oct '12) Apr 23 then there was Sa... 2
News Cuba fights public anger with reform in country... Apr 14 Doc Savage 1
News FEMA to give $3 billion to NYCHA for Hurricane ... Apr '15 Sharptons Savages 4
News Isn't It Time to "Send in the Cavalry" for the ... Mar '15 Crusher 1
News The Fix: Throw Florida's apparent rejection of ... Mar '15 litesong 3
News Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Mar '15 defafalkhleej 27
News Lawyer for Sandy victims says settlement needs ... Mar '15 Bill 1
More from around the web