Adapt to climate change, don't fight it

Adapt to climate change, don't fight it

There are 4 comments on the The Detroit News story from Oct 31, 2013, titled Adapt to climate change, don't fight it. In it, The Detroit News reports that:

For someone supposedly focused on "climate reality," it is ironic how little Al Gore has to say about helping people adapt to climate change in the real world, today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Detroit News.

LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#1 Oct 31, 2013
The COST of adaptation with no restriction on GHG emissions has been shown to be MUCH MUCH higher than the cost of moderation.

So this is just stupid.

We cannot just ignore it. We are affected by climate in too fundamental a way..
http://tinyurl.com/yaczh53
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 31, 2013
Extract: "how little Al Gore."

"Adaptation takes leadership and hard, grinding work to make happen."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131031/O...

When was it done in this scale? Never.
Jim

Katy, TX

#3 Oct 31, 2013
LessSmartMoreFart wrote:
So this is just stupid.
You are absolutely right for once. Never thought I'd say that... Why adapt to a faux hypothesis?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#4 Oct 31, 2013
Pacific Ocean Warming 15 Times Faster Than Before

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Tue redawady 56
News New Yorkers Around the City Remember Hurricane ... Oct '16 Interesting Times 1
News 3 ways big storms like Hurricane Matthew can im... Oct '16 Cristi 7
News America and Israel Share a Weird Political Path... Sep '16 Cath League of Du... 54
News Louisiana floods may be the worst U.S. natural ... Aug '16 Theocraencyclical 13
News Debunking the Fort McMurray rumours: No, the fi... (May '16) May '16 EVIL KHANs SMOKE 1
News Chicago is better poised to survive climate cha... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jazz Man 1
More from around the web