Bayonne officials expect power to be back by Monday

Nov 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Jersey Journal

Nearly the entire city of Bayonne continues to be without power after getting walloped by Hurricane Sandy, officials said, and they expect it to be out until at least Monday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2012
In the dark

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

After 72 hours one of the largest municipalities in the state doesn't even have traffic lights, and the Mayor thinks he's being proactive by repeatedly broadcasting the same message every day to telephones that aren't working.
u suck

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Pseg ur really makin a bad name for urself....3 days and not 1 light is back on in bayonne u guys suck...... me and my 89 yr old grandfather work faster.....its a total disgrace....3 days....not one light was put back on.....
Powerless

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

The Mayor's daily epistle says that PSE&G is "working diligently" - yeah, in Newark and Jersey City
Bayonne sucks

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Bayonne mayor looks like Mark Hotlon from Peewee Herman.
Bayonne resident

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I think Bayonne has the worst Mayor who does nothing expecting updating site with food and water provision locations for victims. Not even a single house has power in bayonne after Sandy that rediculous. I think he is not putting much pressure on PSEG staff to atleast get power to sectors which are not effected by tree falling and power lines down. I think he is showing interest on updating a site which 90% of bayonne residents cannot access as there is now power (internet).
In the dark

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Is the Mayor even in town? How about our Council people? They don't even have telephone numbers or emails available on the City website, and the only time you see them is when they're begging for votes.
Powerless

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

I see PSEG is beginning to bring businesses online. People will be freezing in their homes with 30-degree temperatures tonight but at least they can get their nails done. Reflects PSEG's priorities - dollars first.
TIT FOR TAT

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

THIS is all because Bayonne residents are decent and silently agree to deal with it.!!!

SINCE THOSE TAX DOLLARS AND THE SYSTEM FORGOT ABOUT BAYONNE !!!!
BAYONNE WILL FORGET ABOUT UNCLE SAM THIS YEAR !!!!!
WE WEREN'T EVEN HIT BY FLOODS, WE DIDN'T HAVE TRANSFORMERS BLOW UP , NONE OF THAT. YET HERE WE ARE BEING PROMISED TO BE THE LAST ONES TO GET THEIR POWERS BACK .

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS TIT FOR TAT!!!!
TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU WANT PEE ASS E&G BUT WHEN COMES TIMES WHERE YOU ARE GONNA ASK ME TO PAY UR SALARY THROUGH UNCLE SAM , I'LL SEE YOU THEN!!!!
Francis

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Do u know you they have the technology to have entire city's on solar panel electicity for about 2 dollars a house but pseg pays for them ( the goverment) not to use it
Adamson

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Pse&g moved its workers to jersey city and hoboken after restoring power to broadway instead of bringing in more workers to work in ALL areas, they are rationing the workers to save themselves money. Good to know this is whats done after a disaster.
Powerless

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Where is the mayor? Shouldn't be be walking around visiting citizens making a presence? I've seen no mayor or town council members doing this. City website isn't even updated after we were last told power should have been restored yesterday. Residents are getting very rowdy lately now too. This city is a joke.
FEDUP

Montclair, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

When the hell is Bayonne getting power restored
u suck

Weehawken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Pseg u suck....u restored... 239 out of 246 substations in 5 days....7 remaining and its been 2 whole days....that doesnt add up... ..
Cynthia Tokarski Nunes

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Most of people at west side of Bayonne didn't get the lights. My house is freezing and the kids upstairs getting sick of the cold.
I can't stand anymore this situation. We pay high taxes and we Bayonne people need 100% attention!

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Now Bayonne's site indicates that PSE&G uncovered much more damage than they originally anticipated and that power still may not be restored today. Bayonne police was just onto street giving away nonperishable meals to people without power. Guess that means no power tonight yet again. Why didn't PSE&G notice this sooner? Sounds to me they waited til the last minute for Bayonne.
psegsucks

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Heard from every officer since day after hurricane that power will not be up til Monday the 5th. so it sounds to me like that was the plan all along. then when they finally got to it it was far more damaged that originally thought or more likely it was more damaged because it was neglected for so long. pse&g sucks. and as for the mayor - should be elected out of office. who needs such a week & useless mayor in office.
psegsucks

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Just caught the spelling error meant weak mayor not week.
Happy

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Lights came on around w16.
Happy

Bergenfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Meant to lights came on at w16 street in bayonne....
country village

Corona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

is power on in the country village bayonne by bow?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••