Hurricane Sandy Relief: How You Can Help

There are 56 comments on the story from Nov 1, 2012, titled Hurricane Sandy Relief: How You Can Help. In it, reports that:

Our hearts go out to those affected by Hurricane Sandy. For those seeking help, or looking for ways to donate, we've gathered this list of resources.

The Red Cross provides shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance. Please visit their Disaster Relief Page, call 1-800-RED-CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

The Salvation Army is working to help victims. You can visit donate.salvationarmyusa.org/disaster for more details.

Feeding America is working to provide water, food, and other supplies to those affected by the storm. You can visit feedingamerica.org or call 800-910-5524.

AmeriCares has launched a response to help people affected by the hurricane, starting with deliveries of water, family emergency kits, and other relief supplies. Please visit americares.org for more information.

For those looking for information on FEMA assistance:

Online: DisasterAssistance.gov
Smartphone: m.fema.gov
Phone: 1-800-621-3362
TTY: 1-800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities.

If you are aware of additional resources, please add them in the comments below.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
on the way

Mesquite, NV

#78 Nov 4, 2012
louisianaskyline wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/groups /486074828090617/
Join the group and add your friends
copy the entire link and past in your browser
or search for Hurricane Sandy aftermath.
i didit.
Elmer Fielden Jones

AOL

#79 Nov 4, 2012
fanti1977 wrote:
<quoted text> now isn't the time to be critical I don't live by a seashore I live in the Midwest and because of the erratic weather patterns triggered by Global warming a few summers ago, my summer was overtaken by a super thunderstorm our house was partially crushed by a toppled tree and the part of our city looked like the aftermath of war with down power lines trees and damaged property.
One year later during the late summer the remnants of Hurricane Ike collided with a massive rain system over our region and drenched with heavy rain our homes along with hundreds of others in our area was was partially flooded.
GLOBAL WARMING IS A FACT OF LIFE THE SUPER STORMS THE PAST 7 YEARS PROVE IT.DON'T CALL ALL THOSE POOR PEOPLE IDIOTS BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN COASTAL AREAS AFFECTED BY SANDY.I LIVE IN THE REGION OF THE COUNTRY WHERE THE GREAT DROUGHT OF 2012 BURNED OUT 2/3's OF THE FARM CROPS. AM I A DAMN IDIOT?I DON'T THINK SO
Since your for Obamabush maybe he will pay for your insurance, after he sends the required amount to pay for afganistan.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#80 Nov 4, 2012
FYI

Abnormal Ridge Of High Pressure Over California This Week

( TheWeatherSpace.com )- Usually California sees numerous storms into the area after Halloween, but rarely does it get this type of weather pattern.

But according to TheWeatherSpace.com Senior Meteorologist Kevin Martin this ridge developed fairly quickly, a blocking to any storms moving in.

"The ridge basically developed out of nowhere," said Martin. "This is causing warmer conditions across the state. Some have even reported this as feeling like 'earthquake weather'."

HaarpStatus.com Network continues to say a sizable earthquake will hit the region this week.

http://www.theweatherspace.com/news/TWS-11041...
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#82 Nov 4, 2012
I hear the hurricane hit Brooklyn NY. Did the wtbts catch any of it?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#83 Nov 4, 2012
Its a good thing the sun comes up every morning.........
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#84 Nov 4, 2012
Where did the 1500 mile pipeline from Oklahoma to New jersey go?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#85 Nov 4, 2012
What is suck cess?
Disgusted in the Catskill

Monticello, NY

#87 Nov 5, 2012
MaxDred50 wrote:
My heart goes out to All that had to suffer thru sandy. I will send everything I can afford to the relife effort. BUT I refuse to WASTE money by sending it to the American Red Cross. Why would you send money to support the someplace that spends MOST of their money on management and very little on those that need it. send to salvation army or someone that give most or ALL the money collected to those that lost it all
I cannot say that I know what the Red Cross does with donations. I can say however, I worked for the Salvation Army and it's pretty sickening how I saw how they spent their donations. I knew many of their "officers" and let me say, I cannot count how many confided in me telling me that they only became officers to live pretty much for free. Nice home, furniture and other perks. Hmmm, plus a salary. Just my opinion would be to donate to local food banks and donate items such as clothing, blankets etc.

Since: Nov 12

D.DUN

#88 Nov 5, 2012
hi
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

#90 Nov 5, 2012
P_Smith wrote:
How can you help?
Stop driving cars and consuming oil. Typhoon Sandy was a result of human-caused climate change.
LOL LOON!!!
Barak Husane Obama

Bardstown, KY

#91 Nov 5, 2012
fanti1977 wrote:
<quoted text>BEING for OBAMA ain't got a DAMN THING TO DO WITH INSURANCE it's called A BLACK PERSON HAVING A REAL FRIEND in the WHITE HOUSE AFTER 400 YEARS Thomas Jefferson wrote ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL YET HE WAS A SLAVE HOLDER GEORGE WASHINGTON WAS A SLAVE HOLDER Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves YET SAID HE HAD NEVER BEEN IN FAVOR IN EQUALITY FOR THE NEGRO. THE LIST OF RACIST WHITE PRESIDENT IS ENDLESS F--- insurance ALL BLACK AMERICA IS JUST OVER JOYED that the past 4 years we didn't have to ENDURE A FAKE ASS WHITE RACIST PRESIDENT! If MITT ROMNEY WINS IT'S LIKE THE MASTER OF RACISM AND JIM CROW WILL SPRING BEFORE OUR EYES AGAIN!!!!
I have some news for you Mr or Ms hate monger! If Obama wins you will be paying $7.00 to $10.00 dollars a gallon for gas, and your grocery bills will Triple, WHO'S your friend in the White House then DUMMIE!!! HUMMMM

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#92 Nov 5, 2012
Barak Husane Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some news for you Mr or Ms hate monger! If Obama wins you will be paying $7.00 to $10.00 dollars a gallon for gas, and your grocery bills will Triple, WHO'S your friend in the White House then DUMMIE!!! HUMMMM
So what ?$10 for gas is chump change for living in the greatest nation on earth. Think of how many less retards will be on the road when gas is $10. I can't wait!! The Haves will eat the Have-Nots for dinner.
Estes Keifauver

AOL

#94 Nov 6, 2012
fanti1977 wrote:
<quoted text>BEING for OBAMA ain't got a DAMN THING TO DO WITH INSURANCE it's called A BLACK PERSON HAVING A REAL FRIEND in the WHITE HOUSE AFTER 400 YEARS Thomas Jefferson wrote ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL YET HE WAS A SLAVE HOLDER GEORGE WASHINGTON WAS A SLAVE HOLDER Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves YET SAID HE HAD NEVER BEEN IN FAVOR IN EQUALITY FOR THE NEGRO. THE LIST OF RACIST WHITE PRESIDENT IS ENDLESS F--- insurance ALL BLACK AMERICA IS JUST OVER JOYED that the past 4 years we didn't have to ENDURE A FAKE ASS WHITE RACIST PRESIDENT! If MITT ROMNEY WINS IT'S LIKE THE MASTER OF RACISM AND JIM CROW WILL SPRING BEFORE OUR EYES AGAIN!!!!
Maybe you can see a doctor for all that rage. you could use the insurance he will make you buy or like in most cases the insurance we buy for you. No body uses negro anymore. All thoes people you are mad at have been dead for years. you keep digging them up. all you know about it is what you read, & I don't think you have read very much.
Estes Keifauver

AOL

#95 Nov 6, 2012
fanti1977 wrote:
<quoted text>Barack Obabma AND THAT'S THE FINAL WORD!
Be sure to go to the poles today & make your "X". some body, probablly a white person, will read it to you. I think most white people in america want the black people & hispanics to do well. I know I would like to stop supporting your lazy ass.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#98 Nov 6, 2012
Estes Keifauver wrote:
<quoted text> Be sure to go to the poles today & make your "X". some body, probablly a white person, will read it to you. I think most white people in america want the black people & hispanics to do well. I know I would like to stop supporting your lazy ass.
The Native American Indians felt the same way about whites, they were sick and tired of supporting their lazy white ass. Karma is a biyoatch BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!
carpetbaggers

Bryn Mawr, PA

#99 Nov 6, 2012
I emphathize with their loss but justifiably so FEMA will not pay for second/vacation homes.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-05/news/34...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/sand...

They will not pay for second homes, duplicate or supplement home owners insurance. FEMA aid is basically ment for people who had nothing and/or lost everything. Other than emergency assistance financial aid will be limited to none for many.

Still Good Luck to ALL affected

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York's Fire Island: hope after Sandy May 20 FIbeach15 1
News Sandy lets town off easy (Oct '12) Apr '15 then there was Sa... 2
News Cuba fights public anger with reform in country... Apr '15 Doc Savage 1
News FEMA to give $3 billion to NYCHA for Hurricane ... Apr '15 Sharptons Savages 4
News Isn't It Time to "Send in the Cavalry" for the ... Mar '15 Crusher 1
News The Fix: Throw Florida's apparent rejection of ... Mar '15 litesong 3
News Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Mar '15 defafalkhleej 27
More from around the web