Cuba Permits Construction of New Cath...

Cuba Permits Construction of New Catholic Church for First Time Since 1959

There are 18 comments on the KKLA-FM Glendale story from Aug 13, 2014, titled Cuba Permits Construction of New Catholic Church for First Time Since 1959. In it, KKLA-FM Glendale reports that:

The Republic of Cuba will allow a Catholic church to be built in the Communist state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KKLA-FM Glendale.

Doc Magnus

Lebanon, NJ

#1 Aug 13, 2014
VERY NICE! Good for PR. Great for show.
.Now how about ALLOWING FREEDOM OF WORSHIP!

“Free to be me and you!”

Since: Aug 14

Tampa, FL

#2 Aug 17, 2014
That is progress. Maybe there is hope for the Cuban's.

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#3 Aug 17, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
That is progress. Maybe there is hope for the Cuban's.
Don't be naive my friend.There wont be any progress under the Castros.Their dictatorship is 55 years old and they expect to be in power until dead.A dinosaur doesn't change his ways

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#4 Aug 17, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be naive my friend.There wont be any progress under the Castros.Their dictatorship is 55 years old and they expect to be in power until dead.A dinosaur doesn't change his ways
I realize that. But the Catholic Church.is a start.

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#5 Aug 17, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>I realize that. But the Catholic Church.is a start.
The Church is inmortal and will survive Castro dictatorship for sure.Nice posting to you!!

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#6 Aug 17, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>I
The Church is inmortal and will survive Castro dictatorship for sure.Nice posting to you!!
I have read the history of the Catholic Church. I only read here trying to understand Cuban Politics. Thanks for answering my dumbass questions. My grandson is half Puerto Rican Catholic. I try to respect all peoples religions. I am a Humanist myself. I just have time now to try to understand world politics. Ric will never see his mother again. They were very close. She loved him and his brother so much........she gave them up for freedom. She must have been a great and unselfish mom. I would do the same for my own children if they were born in Cuba. His mother cared more about him and his brother than herself. I wish I had met her before she died. Ric still misses his mother. I don't think families should be kept apart.
Cuban who loves Fidel

Bucharest, Romania

#7 Aug 17, 2014
Fidel Castro PROPHET! WONDERFUL SPEECH 1979 UN

Cuban who loves Fidel

Bucharest, Romania

#8 Aug 17, 2014
The Church will go on after Castro but I am elated that most of the Batistian Miami Cubans who caused the revolution and abused and beat Black Cubans are dead or to old to ever return to Cuba.

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#9 Aug 17, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the history of the Catholic Church. I only read here trying to understand Cuban Politics. Thanks for answering my dumbass questions. My grandson is half Puerto Rican Catholic. I try to respect all peoples religions. I am a Humanist myself. I just have time now to try to understand world politics. Ric will never see his mother again. They were very close. She loved him and his brother so much........she gave them up for freedom. She must have been a great and unselfish mom. I would do the same for my own children if they were born in Cuba. His mother cared more about him and his brother than herself. I wish I had met her before she died. Ric still misses his mother. I don't think families should be kept apart.
Im a Cuban living in Puerto Rico and Im a Humanist too.Castro divided the Cuban families
And taught people to hare each others
Castro dictatorship has forced to exile about 25% of its population , killed about 75,000 Cubans and impisoned hundreth of thousands besides destroying Cuba economy and its christian moral standards.I do respect your questions and I will be willing to share with you anything about Cuba Histoty. that you may need. Have a nice evening !!!
Cuban who loves Fidel

Bucharest, Romania

#10 Aug 17, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly like your politically corrupt zero standard Miami Cuban fascist junta .

Ethnic voting separatists incapable of government who for 55 years have not changed their ways .

Nice posting to you .
Cuban who loves Fidel

Bucharest, Romania

#11 Aug 17, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself am Cuban Jewish "Jewban" they call us .

Castro is no winner but better than the people we call the fascist politically corrupt "Miami "Cubans who have created a banana republic corrupt government in Miami .

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#12 Aug 17, 2014
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Im a Cuban living in Puerto Rico and Im a Humanist too.Castro divided the Cuban families
And taught people to hare each others
Castro dictatorship has forced to exile about 25% of its population , killed about 75,000 Cubans and impisoned hundreth of thousands besides destroying Cuba economy and its christian moral standards.I do respect your questions and I will be willing to share with you anything about Cuba Histoty. that you may need. Have a nice evening !!!
Thanks so much for sharing your history. I hear a lot from Ric. I really do care about Cuba and the people there. Thankfully Ric's family had the money to get him here by cigarette boat. Ric served in the Cuban Army. He hates the Castro brothers.
Cuban who loves Fidel

Bucharest, Romania

#13 Aug 17, 2014
It was wonderful driving out the Batistians and the CIA who helped him torture and kill us . Sadly most escaped to Miami and We Just Don't Care to Puerto Rico .

"Celebrations in Havana Cuba as rebels under Fidel Castro evict Batista and take o...HD Stock Footage "

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#14 Aug 17, 2014
Cuban who loves Fidel wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself am Cuban Jewish "Jewban" they call us .
Castro is no winner but better than the people we call the fascist politically corrupt "Miami "Cubans who have created a banana republic corrupt government in Miami .
Jewban..........do you practice the Jewish faith? I don't believe in communism. Ric told me how poor they were. He was telling my grandchildren how lucky they are to be born in America. I don't see how anyone would love communism.
Great documentary

Germany

#15 Aug 17, 2014
Fidel Castro - The Untold Story

Doctor Proper

Bucharest, Romania

#16 Aug 17, 2014
I practice it as far as what is convenient for me no different than most Christians/Catholics .
My family is not Orthodox we are liberal as far as religion goes.
My daughter married a Catholic Venezuelan we call Cherokee.

I don't support Communism but I am glad that Fidel drove out the corrupt swine which not only supported Batista but sadly turned Miami into one of the most politically corrupt city in USA .

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#17 Aug 17, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>Jewban..........do you practice the Jewish faith? I don't believe in communism. Ric told me how poor they were. He was telling my grandchildren how lucky they are to be born in America. I don't see how anyone would love communism.
Im not an ortodox Jew.
I don't see either hoe any one love communism , but there are some like our forum member faux WJDC a fool who loves to usurp my avatar. We call him the Castro assniffer poster child . Good night

San Juan,Puerto Rico

#18 Aug 17, 2014
Cuban who loves Fidel wrote:
Fidel Castro PROPHET! WONDERFUL SPEECH 1979 UN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tf_yeqJ1fiYXX
You are not a Cuban you are just a selfsshamed Venezuelan who hate the USA!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FEMA Approves $100k To Begin Work On Sea Gate's... Jul 21 Underthewalk 1
News Remember when Tom Cotton voted against flood re... Jun '15 LeDuped 2
News West Islip Little League Cleans Up Fields Flood... (Mar '13) Jun '15 Jack Whack Black 11
News Solar a tough sell, but working Jun '15 Tickle Me Harper 8
News Legislators call for NY Rising oversight Jun '15 Verplss Dlch 37
News 10 years after Katrina, slow hurricane season e... Jun '15 Earthling-1 10
News Cruz supports federal relief for Texas floods; ... May '15 Synque 111
More from around the web