On Staten Island, immigration debate is both personal and political

Jul 8, 2013 Full story: SILive.com

There is a political component to the immigration debate: Republicans are looking to shore up their number of Hispanic and Asian-American voters, more than 70 percent of whom went Democratic in last year's presidential election.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jul 8, 2013
not many citizens support illegal aliens. usually family or employers,no one wants to reward criminals for crimes well done.

other see citizenship as up for sale as do the supporters of illegal aliens.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#2 Jul 8, 2013
Nancy Pedro described the "challenges" she faces daily as the mother of "two undocumented children and one citizen."
Even that struggle, Mrs. Pedro said through a translator"

You just can't make this shot up! She and her brood should be deported immediately. Oh, and on the way out, tell the Sri Lankian that getting good grades does not a citizen make. Vamoose! Pathetic!!!! The biggest joke was the people who were holding the signs in Spanish! Haven't they gotten it yet, that's the biggest turn off. Oh well, I guess they just crossed the border.
Brenda besson

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2013
See 2anchors,and she cant speak english,who cares if she is having a hard time,thats what you get for crossing the border,you get a hard time.i think she should pack up and leave,pull those kids right out of school.

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#4 Jul 8, 2013
We have immigration laws now that aren't enforced.

What's going to be different about the new set of immigrations laws that will get me to expect that they will be enforced?

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#5 Jul 8, 2013
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
We have immigration laws now that aren't enforced.
What's going to be different about the new set of immigrations laws that will get me to expect that they will be enforced?
maybe we just need to close the borders around Staten Island ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Towing company helps Sandy victims (Feb '13) Aug 29 Seth Ashford 2
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
ANALYSIS: Growth, Not Global Warming, To Blame ... Aug '14 SpaceBlues 3
Cuba Permits Construction of New Catholic Churc... Aug '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 18
N.J. town to residents: Replace your sidewalk, ... Aug '14 CondoCapiton 1
Accurate Information on D'Onofrio Field Park Sh... Aug '14 brian sten 1
Anthony Weiner finds a new way to serve NYC Aug '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 5
•••

Hurricane Sandy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE