Far Rockaways Desperately Need Your Help

Nov 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Forward

In the Far Rockaways, there is no Red Cross relief, no FEMA, no National Guard shuttling in supplies for the elderly Polish and Russian Jews living in high rises without power or heat.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Fema wife

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

My husband is with the DRT- they are evacuating a nursing home there& says there are riots for food, etc. do they know a nor'easter is moving in& the. National weather service has issued warning of more flooding& snow, wind, etc? Someone needs to declare Marshall law imo& get those on the coasts out for there own good, and to keep the DRTs safe from having to risk more lives to save people that won't evacuate!!!
far Rockaway resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Fema wife wrote:
My husband is with the DRT- they are evacuating a nursing home there& says there are riots for food, etc. do they know a nor'easter is moving in& the. National weather service has issued warning of more flooding& snow, wind, etc? Someone needs to declare Marshall law imo& get those on the coasts out for there own good, and to keep the DRTs safe from having to risk more lives to save people that won't evacuate!!!
what. You need to realize most people dont have anywhere to go and how many people can afford a hotel? I live in the real world lady!!! Are you living ten days now with no lights or heat? We are struggling to survive while someone like you says negative things. Your husband God bless him for CHOOSING to do the job he does. Im sure you are sitting in a nice warm house with lights and foid aplenty.God forbid u ever have to face what we r facing. Then again maybe it woukd open your eyes to reality.
shameless-li

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

far Rockaway resident wrote:
<quoted text> what. You need to realize most people dont have anywhere to go and how many people can afford a hotel? I live in the real world lady!!! Are you living ten days now with no lights or heat? We are struggling to survive while someone like you says negative things. Your husband God bless him for CHOOSING to do the job he does. Im sure you are sitting in a nice warm house with lights and foid aplenty.God forbid u ever have to face what we r facing. Then again maybe it woukd open your eyes to reality.
i left my home after the second day of no electricity.
i wouldn't allow myself or my children to stay there under those conditions.(we were out for six days)
if your staying in your home for ten days now, with nothing, i wouldn't be telling that lady to live in the real world...
maybe you should be looking into staying with family or friends.
even your homeowners insurance (if you have) and FEMA will help pay for some of your living expensives.
Hey

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Fema wife wrote:
Spray paint a large sign. "Bloomberg doesn't care " and call Fox News. You'll get action.
Obama

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

I already have your vote and don't need you anymore. Adios.
nadine

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

we are all having a hard time. and not everyone can afford hotel or have relative or friends to stay with. some people have ni choice but to stay in there homes the shelters are not safe or clean. and for God sake leave ABAMA alone.
true

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

People are crazy over there.When we are in all in need some people think its ok to stealing from others when others really don't have anything.What happen to helping and feeling safe???
Obama

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Everyone keep quiet. I need to catch up on sleep. If things are not better by April I will make another token appearance.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Why do you ask us for help? You voted for obammy. Just tell him you need help. He will be right over. Probably put Biden in charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••