Four Seasons Nevis not opening until end of 1st quarter 2010
Posted in the Hurricane Omar Forum
#1 Aug 6, 2009
The handful of 4 Seasons managers and other staff still employed have been notified that the Resort will NOT open late this year but rather at the end of 1st quarter 2010.
It does not look very encouraging for the future of Four Seasons Nevis.
#2 Dec 21, 2009
Well lets see what makes sense
1 The buildings are too close to the Ocean and below sea level, once breached they will flood and remember these two hurricanes were not direct hits.
2. The hotel property also floods from rain storms coming down the mountain.
3. The original developers have walked away.... so much for Canadians and the French. But it might be a good time to get back in!
4. Wachovia, a great bank haha, now is the debtor in possession @145 million
5. The insurance carrier would not rebulid the resort if moved to higher ground.
6. So we rebuild where we have had two massive resort closing losses not too smart.
7. What would you pay for this property with an almost certain recurrence within 5 or six years of a 40 million loss? By the way there isnt an insuror in the world who will insure the property until you move it up over the road
8. The Homeowners are languishing now that Four Seasons is held hostage
Solutions 1. Sell resort for 20 million to GVT
2. Have Govt apply for development loan to World Bank for 60 million to move resort higher and fix up golf course.
Or just call Barack
#3 Dec 21, 2009
Anyone want to by a Four Seasons Villa cheap?(smile)
#4 Jul 18, 2012
stay away from this property at all costs
rental program is non existent for homeowners and fees are excessive.
Add your comments below
|Four Seasons Nevis reopening moved back yet again (Nov '09)||Nov '09||Disgruntled Supplier||1|
|Hurricane Omar Damage Affects St. Maarten Resorts (Oct '08)||May '09||MCN||3|
|Oil spills spreading in St. Croix after Hurrica... (Oct '08)||Apr '09||mellisa||4|
|Hurricane Omar: a conspiracy against Obama? (Oct '08)||Oct '08||Demos||8|
|Omar Expected to Pass Over St. Croix as a Hurri... (Oct '08)||Oct '08||sharman||1|
|Omar strengthens into major Category 3 hurricane (Oct '08)||Oct '08||geturdone||2|
|Omar becomes hurricane (Oct '08)||Oct '08||Angleo||2|
Find what you want!
Search Hurricane Omar Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC