Heaviest rains in a week bring a May-...

Heaviest rains in a week bring a May-like chill to Chicago

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 15, 2008, titled Heaviest rains in a week bring a May-like chill to Chicago. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Rains predicted to sweep the Chicago area Wednesday into Wednesday night drenched the Plains on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Kaylee

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 15, 2008
Really this headline is almost laughable like something you would see in the onion.. "Heaviest rains in a week" Really a whole week??? never mind last month almost the whole city was underwater, rivers overflowed and people lost their houses -- now we are having the heaviest rains this week a whole INCH! Skilling you and your copy editors should go get a job with the National Enquire and report the weather on the planets of the abonimable snowman and lockness monster.
Dennis in op

Lenexa, KS

#3 Oct 15, 2008
My bet is that the copy editors were layed off, in favor of the cheaper help from the local community college.

Though maybe the Tribune could sell more copies with Bigfoot...or Nessie on the front page.
PJS

Evanston, IL

#4 Oct 15, 2008
I am staying home from work today because of the heavy rains.
earlpittsamurica n

Parsons, KS

#5 Oct 15, 2008
Why is the Chicago Tribune reporting this anyway? They don't know the difference between a Kansas flood and a duck pond. Kansas is always either 2 days from a flood or 2 days from a drought. I've lived here long enough to know that weather should only make news when it causes serious damage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Norbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FEMA aid authorized for southern Nevada flood area (Nov '14) Nov '14 your city your news 1
News Hurricane Norbert slams into Mexico's Baja coast (Oct '08) Mar '13 Froggy 7
News Hurricane Norbert slams into Mexico's Baja coast (Oct '08) Oct '08 La Migra 1
News Hurricane Norbert lashes Mexico's Baja peninsula (Oct '08) Oct '08 CA Native 1
News Hurricane warning posted in western Mexico (Oct '08) Oct '08 guads 2
News Fire in Nord claims house, barns (Oct '08) Oct '08 Common Sense Man 1
News Hurricane Norbert Strengthens To Category 3 (Oct '08) Oct '08 BIG RICK 1
More from around the web