Jefferson Parish president eviscerate...

Jefferson Parish president eviscerates Entergy for pace of power recovery after Hurricane Isaac

There are 1 comment on the The Times-Picayune story from Aug 31, 2012, titled Jefferson Parish president eviscerates Entergy for pace of power recovery after Hurricane Isaac. In it, The Times-Picayune reports that:

Jefferson Parish President John Young is calling for inquiries and penalties against Entergy for what he described as an unacceptably slow pace of power restoration after Hurricane Isaac .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times-Picayune.

Wayne Saunders

Edinburgh, IN

#1 Aug 31, 2012
During the storm my parents who live in north kenner, both 85,refused to leave because the storm did not appeaer to be a major threat. My mother is bed ridden, cannot speak and my dad is in stage 4 cancer and also has trouble speaking. On the news channels it was advertised to call entergy for older folks who would need special medical/needs consideration if power failed. We called, they asked for a doctors letter with conditions and gave me a fax number to send. I did. Called entergy on Wednesday to check and was told it did not qualify during hurricans, a mistake. What a crock of XXXX! They said it was a mistake.They suck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Isaac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Repair work begins on Gulfport's hurricane-dama... Feb '15 much bigger problem 1
News Global drought causing major worries (Sep '12) Nov '14 MOMIN ANSARI 6
News Police chief: Crime down 23 percent in Moss Point (Sep '14) Sep '14 Kelly 1
News A new city after Katrina (Aug '12) Jul '14 katrina randi us 3
News Palazzo questions FEMA chief about South Missis... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Wes 1
News Ranchers cope with herd losses from Isaac's floods (Oct '13) Oct '13 Sam 2
News Tropical Storm Karen weakens as it approaches n... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Karen 5
More from around the web