League City homes spared from flooding

There are 41 comments on the The Galveston County Daily News story from Sep 14, 2008, titled League City homes spared from flooding. In it, The Galveston County Daily News reports that:

Residents here were spared the worst of Hurricane Ike's destruction but were without power or fuel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Galveston County Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sallye Clark

Milton, LA

#1 Sep 14, 2008
Does anyone know anything about the THe Wharf Condominiums in LEague City Texas on Davis Road? Tyring to find out about damage and if there is power there? Thank you for any information
Rose Landry

Lacombe, LA

#2 Sep 14, 2008
Does anyone know how Holly Ln. did through the hurricane. Holly Ln. is located off of Calder in League City, directly behind the new ball park. I live in a mobile home on Holly Ln. and have evacuated to Louisiana. I would appreciate any info on damage to that area.Thank you.
Shawn

Giddings, TX

#3 Sep 14, 2008
I live in the Harbour Point subdivision west of the South Shore Harbor resort and I lost power but there was no flooding or structural damage.

The city was reporting that everything east of Seminole street and 2094 to 146 was flooded.

As of 1530 on 14 September there still is no power.
Shawn

Giddings, TX

#4 Sep 14, 2008
I anyone has info on the power; Texas New Mexico Electrical please post it.
Beverly Strickland

Denver, CO

#5 Sep 14, 2008
Does anyone know about Nantucket Landing on Davis Road (condos) Any damage Thanks
Karen P

Crystal Lake, IL

#6 Sep 14, 2008
Where is ice available in League City Texas?
Mia S

Austin, TX

#7 Sep 14, 2008
i live at Fairways at south shore
does any one know about power there or damage
BigDaveF150

Huntsville, TX

#8 Sep 14, 2008
I am still bugged out, I live in Meadow Bend. Anyone know if there was flooding / structural damage in Meadow Bend? The worry is killing my wife...
judge chewie

Tyler, TX

#9 Sep 14, 2008
heard ice @ target on 646.
some gas but 30 min. lines.
no reliable power if at all.
anyone know if natural gas and good water still flowing?
rangemaster654

United States

#10 Sep 14, 2008
BigDaveF150 wrote:
I am still bugged out, I live in Meadow Bend. Anyone know if there was flooding / structural damage in Meadow Bend? The worry is killing my wife...
I'm in florida bugged out trying to find out about bayridge but I did read meadow bend had downed fences some roof damage but NO flooding hope thats true.
rangemaster654

United States

#11 Sep 14, 2008
Does anyone know if bayridge subdivision in leaguecity was flooded?
Kim

Donna, TX

#12 Sep 15, 2008
Trees down, no flooding some strucutral damage byt little in meadow Bend and behind gates,
rangemaster654 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in florida bugged out trying to find out about bayridge but I did read meadow bend had downed fences some roof damage but NO flooding hope thats true.
Kim

Donna, TX

#13 Sep 15, 2008
Meadow Bend and behind gates in south shore did not flood, alot of trees down, some damage to roofs. Otherwise its all good, just messy.
Sarah

Rockford, MI

#14 Sep 15, 2008
I am in league city, no flooding but lots of trees and fences down, debris in road, etc. where we are. We had huge tree thu our roof FYI a company with crane is in area and already took it off also tarped our roof - they actually are going to bill state farm directly for us. Great guys, a godsend actually, so if anyone needs help in that respect call them it is TIMBER RIDGE TREE SERVICE 877-501-5432. Hope everyone stayed safe - GOD BLESS and good luck!!
Betty

Bryan, TX

#15 Sep 15, 2008
Mia S wrote:
i live at Fairways at south shore
does any one know about power there or damage
did east main st flood? Near Uncle Bob's storage
Danno

Austin, TX

#16 Sep 15, 2008
I live at Signature Point Apartments in League City. How did they fare? Flooding? Power? Signature Point Dr. off Marina Bay Dr. Any news will help. Thanks.
Candy

San Antonio, TX

#17 Sep 15, 2008
My father lives in League City off hwy 3 near Walter Hall Park behind Clear Creek, I haven't been able to contact him. Does anyone know if there was any flooding there or the extent of structural damage in that area of League City?
Marianne

Tucker, GA

#18 Sep 15, 2008
We have friends in the subdivision across from Rustic Oaks down the street from the middle school. Does anyone know if that area is ok? We haven't been able to get in touch with them. Thanks
Marianne

Atlanta, GA

#19 Sep 15, 2008
Sarah wrote:
I am in league city, no flooding but lots of trees and fences down, debris in road, etc. where we are. We had huge tree thu our roof FYI a company with crane is in area and already took it off also tarped our roof - they actually are going to bill state farm directly for us. Great guys, a godsend actually, so if anyone needs help in that respect call them it is TIMBER RIDGE TREE SERVICE 877-501-5432. Hope everyone stayed safe - GOD BLESS and good luck!!
How wonderful. What area are you in?
Angelica

San Marcos, TX

#20 Sep 15, 2008
Hi Big Dave & family, I live in Meadow Bend on Greenshire. No apparent flooding, tree damage and debri, Water ok, but electric still out as of noon today. I will be headed back from Austin on 9/16. South Shore has Electric for the most part water scarce bring supplies for two weeks. Be safe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Ike Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit accuses city of land grab conspiracy (May '12) Mar '15 Knight 2
News Chambers-Liberty Counties Navigation District A... (May '09) Jan '15 Lisa Halili 5
News Jury Finds Texas Windstorm Insurer Adequately P... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Joe Jackson 1
News 18 boys, men arrested in sexual assault of 11-y... (Mar '11) Aug '14 ajooba 294
News FEMA Awards $1.6M to Montgomery Co., TX for Deb... (Dec '13) Dec '13 RememberGoliadthe... 1
News 'You're never the same,' says hurricane survivor (Sep '08) Sep '13 Jorden 2
News Ike's big sloppy size will mean XXL surge for G... (Sep '08) Sep '13 Tired of Seniors 12
More from around the web