Bail set for Lake Crystal woman accus...

Bail set for Lake Crystal woman accused of shooting husband to death

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 14, 2010, titled Bail set for Lake Crystal woman accused of shooting husband to death. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Bail has been set at $600,000 with certain conditions for a Lake Crystal woman charged in the shooting death of her husband two weeks ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Pete Clemenza

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 14, 2010
Man, that Jennifer Nibbe is one predatory cougar. Why allow her bail at all and if bail is going to be allowed why not an amount well into 7 figures at least??
zingbopper

Conrath, WI

#2 Sep 14, 2010
To bad,she's a hottie.
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#3 Sep 14, 2010
Bail should have been set at a higher amount. I still doubt she can come up with the 10%/$60,000. Her new boyfriend better hope that there is no evidence against him.
Pete Clemenza

Houston, TX

#4 Sep 14, 2010
zingbopper wrote:
To bad,she's a hottie.
Yeah but the kid she married (and supposedly killed) should have loved her and left her...gave her the ol' one night stand treatment. She allegedly killed him while he was sleeping. Nasty b####!!!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#5 Sep 14, 2010
Her poor teenage son, I hope he has a good place to go and family who will help him deal with all of this. The 911 call revealed to me a terrified young man who truly believed his and his mother's lives were in danger that morning with a crazed killer running around. He's effectively lost two parents in this murder, as the accounts that I've read suggest he and his stepdad got along well.
The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 14, 2010
I figured it would be a life insurance scam...how sad for all involved.
Come On Now

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Sep 14, 2010
Why isn't the charge 1st degree murder vs 2nd? It sounds like it was planned. There was the rope and knife in the living room, non-defensive cuts to the wife's thighs, the bedroom had been rifled through and the victim was laying face down on the bed, arms out, as if he had been sleeping. The scene was staged to look as if an intruder killed her husband. Her diary talks of being unhappy in her marriage and that she was in love with another man. All evidence points to 1st degree, which is what she should be charged with.
Its your choice

Cottage Grove, MN

#8 Sep 14, 2010
She is, was and will always be a _______!
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 14, 2010
I remember a warm sunny autumn day back in the seventies, I went for a walk when I happend upon four sweaty women and a moo-cow in a duputy outfit. I asked the deputy what they were doing. Work Detail, she said. You see, she explained, these are convicted felons and they're performing community service. I informed them that I am a member of the community and that I'd apprerciate being serviced. There were no takers.
Come On Now

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Sep 14, 2010
I forgot about the fact that it was the victims own rifle used to kill him with and left on the foot of the bed, the wife's illegal prescription drug use AND the $250K life insurance policy taken out just two months prior to the murder. This is definitely Murder One! Come on Blue Earth County prosecutor...you're not that backwoods, are you?
Pete Clemenza

Houston, TX

#11 Sep 14, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
I remember a warm sunny autumn day back in the seventies, I went for a walk when I happend upon four sweaty women and a moo-cow in a duputy outfit. I asked the deputy what they were doing. Work Detail, she said. You see, she explained, these are convicted felons and they're performing community service. I informed them that I am a member of the community and that I'd apprerciate being serviced. There were no takers.
You may have stumbled on a way to balance the state budget, Freedom Lover. Female inmates "servicing clients" for a "fee".

“groovygirlinmn@g mail.com”

Since: Feb 10

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Sep 14, 2010
A lot of people nailed this one right on the head
John Fair

New York, NY

#13 Sep 14, 2010
The police and this paper have just tried and convicted her.

Real good. You should be proud.
CockRoach Alert

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Sep 14, 2010
Hey ladies out there,

Next time try something a little more less obvious
and you will get away with murder.

I heard mercury and coolant are on the top of the
menu list.
DirtyLaundry

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Sep 14, 2010
John Fair wrote:
The police and this paper have just tried and convicted her.
Real good. You should be proud.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a duck!
conservative observations

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Sep 14, 2010
From the first reports of the story, it didn't seem like things added up. Like the Denozo character in NCIS always says, "the wife did it" or something to that effect.
Turk

Plymouth, MN

#18 Sep 14, 2010
Prosecuter is poking her, I'll bet.

He just better be careful IF she takes out a policy on him.

If this isn't murder 1 there never was.

She shot him in the head with a shotgun I believe, ever shoot a mellon with a shotgun? I mean she didn't intend to wound him for sure.
John Thayer

AOL

#20 Nov 20, 2010
Can't charge a woman with murder one! Remember we were all taught that girls are sugar and spice and all things nice. Murder, drugs, and an affair!? Even the media won't touch this. We aren't supposed to know about this at all.
LoveCracker

Rochester, MN

#21 Aug 12, 2012
What the hell what was the cause of the shooting Turk I agree with you bro that would be my guess to Bro'
LoveCracker

Rochester, MN

#22 Aug 12, 2012
Turk wrote:
Prosecuter is poking her, I'll bet.
He just better be careful IF she takes out a policy on him.
If this isn't murder 1 there never was.
She shot him in the head with a shotgun I believe, ever shoot a mellon with a shotgun? I mean she didn't intend to wound him for sure.
Ya Turk man I agree I feel the same way that you did Bro'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Igor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A list of some of the hurricanes to hit Atlanti... (Jul '14) Jul '14 King Arthur 1
News Canadian forecasters warn of active hurricane s... (May '13) May '13 Ned 1
News Hurricane Igor blows St. John's buoy to Scotland (Sep '11) Sep '11 Edward 1
News Hurricane Irene may hit N.L. (Aug '11) Aug '11 Rose 1
News It's not our fault where the rain falls' (Mar '11) Jun '11 Igor 2
News Tenders called for hurricane Igor damage repairs (Jun '11) Jun '11 Igor 1
News NOAA releases its 2011 hurricane forecast (Jun '11) Jun '11 Igor 1
More from around the web