Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.
#63 Jul 1, 2010
Seriously we need to fire both our Senators. One Doodles, the other one make inane comments. Ok Ok So both of them make inane comments
#64 Jul 2, 2010
But they do represent the majority of voters in Minnesota so does that make the voters clueless....sorry I answered my own question.
#65 Jul 2, 2010
Between bucked teeth Amy K and that rape tellin joke artist Al Franken the progressive movement has need been more proud
#66 Jul 2, 2010
She also lent her vast medical expertise to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, essentially dictating to them what their position on partial-birth abortion would ultimately be.
1. In the partial-birth abortion controversy of the Clinton era, Clinton and Daschle's Democrats tried to draft a meaningless "compromise" to the ban on partial-birth abortion.
2. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists initially drafted a statement that read that the ACOG panel could identify no circumstances under which this procedure ... would be the only option to save the life or preserve the health of the woman. In a July 1996 meeting with Clinton, ACOG representatives told administration officials according to a Kagan memorandum [ http://cdn.nationalreview.com/pdf/DPC_Box_069... ] that in the vast majority of cases, selection of the partial birth procedure is not necessary to avert serious adverse consequences to a womans health.
3. Clinton's Solicitor General Elena Kagan got ACOG's statement and hysterically declared that it would be a disaster not the less so (in fact, the more so) because ACOG continues to oppose the legislation.
4. Kagan rewrote [ http://cdn.nationalreview.com/pdf/kagan_pages... ] ACOG's statement, inserting this language:An intact D&X [the medical term for the procedure], however, may be the best or most appropriate procedure in a particular circumstance to save the life or preserve the health of a woman.
5. Kagans language was copied verbatim by the ACOG executive board into its final statement.
6. Deputy Attorney General Shannen Coffin notes, "Kagans role was never disclosed to the courts. The judicial battles that followed led to two Supreme Court opinions, several trials, and countless felled trees. Now we learn that language purporting to be the judgment of an independent body of medical experts devoted to the care and treatment of pregnant women and their children was, in the end, nothing more than the political scrawling of a White House appointee."
Add your comments below
|Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10)||Aug '14||Aureavallis||10|
|Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11)||Jun '11||lawife||1|
|A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10)||Dec '10||unclepud||82|
|Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10)||Dec '10||LA2YA||10|
|2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10)||Dec '10||Mr_Bill||12|
|Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10)||Sep '10||SomeYaoiFan||2|
|Perry blasts feds for Rio Grande levee maintenance (Sep '10)||Sep '10||curious||2|
Find what you want!
Search Hurricane Alex Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC