Obama samples flaky Danish pastry in ...

Obama samples flaky Danish pastry in Racine

There are 79 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 30, 2010, titled Obama samples flaky Danish pastry in Racine. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The rap on President Barack Obama is that he doesn't show enough emotion. But today, a pastry made him happy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Cold Hard Truth

Fargo, ND

#1 Jun 30, 2010
What I want to know is when is the President going to have a press conference like presidents used to where reporters ask them questions and they have to answer off the cuff without a teleprompter? Why doesn't anyone ask why no press conferences?
There is certainly enough to ask him about, the war in Afganastan where he is condemming our soldiers to die and they cannot even fight back anymore. If you know someone over there, ask them what their orders are, you will be shocked.

What about Iran and their nukes, what are you going to do?

Why are you spending 125 million dollars to tell people how great your health care bill is that already passed? Why not feed the homeless for a few weeks with that money, or better yet, not spend it period since we do not have it.

What about unemployment that you said would go down nearly a year and a half ago with your stimulus, that it would not reach 9%? Now it is headed to 12-15%. What about our national debt that you doubled yourself? The American people want some answers. Do something other than blame the prior administration. I am sick of that as are many others.
Extra Extra

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jun 30, 2010
Extra, Extra, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. I can't belive what the PP tries to pass off as newsworthy.
P.S. It is still better than the Strib but is going down hill fast.
Wizconie

Amery, WI

#3 Jun 30, 2010
How nice. Now can we get back to something that matters or is this all Barry is capable of these days? This little distraction doesn't stop the oil, get anyone jobs, stop the outragious spending, deal with Iran,...on and on.

I guess this is the only nice story about Barry O that anyone could come up with.
Crisco

United States

#5 Jun 30, 2010
Stop obessing about the damn teleprompter.
The Cold Hard Truth wrote:
What I want to know is when is the President going to have a press conference like presidents used to where reporters ask them questions and they have to answer off the cuff without a teleprompter? Why doesn't anyone ask why no press conferences?
There is certainly enough to ask him about, the war in Afganastan where he is condemming our soldiers to die and they cannot even fight back anymore. If you know someone over there, ask them what their orders are, you will be shocked.
What about Iran and their nukes, what are you going to do?
Why are you spending 125 million dollars to tell people how great your health care bill is that already passed? Why not feed the homeless for a few weeks with that money, or better yet, not spend it period since we do not have it.
What about unemployment that you said would go down nearly a year and a half ago with your stimulus, that it would not reach 9%? Now it is headed to 12-15%. What about our national debt that you doubled yourself? The American people want some answers. Do something other than blame the prior administration. I am sick of that as are many others.
Nota Sheep

Jonesboro, TX

#6 Jun 30, 2010
Crisco wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? How many times did we hear jokes, laughter, criticism of W when he (frequently) flubbed a speech? It was pretty near continuous (of course, partly because W gave so many opportunities), and it certainly wasn't done in a light-hearted and joking fashion.

But more to the point, The One has been praised as a great speaker and a great motivator. The thing is that without a teleprompter, he sounds like as much of a jackass as his predecessor. Like many of the other things that are supposedly part of the fabric of The One, the reality doesn't even come close to the legends we've heard. This guy is a fake, a complete fabrication with no substance.
NoSht

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jun 30, 2010
War is raging in Afghanistan, the economy is basically in the tank, there is oil spiling into the gulf, unemployment is 10%+ and he is stopping for a danish because Michelle probably won't let him eat one at home?
What in H311 kind of leadership is that?
I wonder if the owner gave them to him free and asked him to lower taxes without being called a smart ass.
And I thought Jimmy Carter was the worst President in my lifetime.
The elections can't come fast enough.
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jun 30, 2010
That's nice.

Some flaky Danish for a flaky Kenyan.
joe

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#9 Jun 30, 2010
Hey cheeseheads...why are you so STOOOPID???
Wizconie

Amery, WI

#10 Jun 30, 2010
NoSht wrote:
War is raging in Afghanistan, the economy is basically in the tank, there is oil spiling into the gulf, unemployment is 10%+ and he is stopping for a danish because Michelle probably won't let him eat one at home?
What in H311 kind of leadership is that?
I wonder if the owner gave them to him free and asked him to lower taxes without being called a smart ****.
And I thought Jimmy Carter was the worst President in my lifetime.
The elections can't come fast enough.
You're right on all except paying for the danish. The article clearly stated that full price was paid. BTW that's the first thing this administartion has had a plan for actually paying for anything. I'm suprised it wasn't just added to the debt.
The Cold Hard Truth

Fargo, ND

#12 Jun 30, 2010
Crisco wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give a sheet about the teleprompter, I want him to hold press conferences like every other president has done. He needs to have his feet held to the fire like every other president and answer the questions the questions the American people have, it is called leadership and he exhibits none.

He is a coward for not facing the (friendly boot licking MSM). Good lord, it has been a love fest. Now that there are some problems to deal with (plug the damn hole, now there is some leadership!) Stand up and face the music.

By the way, about that oil disaster, why wouldn't Obama waive the Jones Act and allow all of the countries that volunteered help and expertise like Norway, the Dutch and several other countries? I will tell you why, to protect union laborers that's why. Still has not lifted that act with millions of gallons of oil pouring in, why not get more help?

Why did he have his EPA demand environmental impact studies before allowing the gulf states to construct sand barrier islands to protect their coasts? Ridiculous! W T F is the environmental impact of oil on the coast? Very weak, ineffective leadership. This goes on and on and he has done nothing.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#13 Jun 30, 2010
I love this guy! A man of the people, for the people, and again will be elected to his 2nd term by the people.

Keep crying in your imported beer my Republi-thug friends.
Seeker

Mesa, AZ

#14 Jun 30, 2010
This story is all part of the marxist effort to keep this ineffectual Kenyan in the fore front of the sheeple news. Nothing is too trivial for the left wing media to print, if only they can attach the name OBAMA to it. The good part is the fact that the public is becoming aware of this travesty, and is starting to see the left wing media in it's true light. Retribution is coming, and it is not too far in the future.
gdubs

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jun 30, 2010
and then he declared Muslim Jihad on the danish, and socialized the bakery. and recited the koran from the teleprompter. and Jeremaih Wright killed a white person in the background. The end.
Bob Bird

Titusville, FL

#16 Jun 30, 2010
Of course he liked it:
It was foreign and it was flaky.
Bob

Hastings, MN

#17 Jun 30, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
I love this guy! A man of the people, for the people, and again will be elected to his 2nd term by the people.
Keep crying in your imported beer my Republi-thug friends.
re-elected? Now that's the best joke I've heard in a long time not a chance this waste will be re-elected. The American people will not be fooled again by empty promises.
Dingo

Folsom, CA

#18 Jun 30, 2010
So how many press conferences did GW Bush hold in his first 2 years in Office?
The Cold Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give a sheet about the teleprompter, I want him to hold press conferences like every other president has done. He needs to have his feet held to the fire like every other president and answer the questions the questions the American people have, it is called leadership and he exhibits none.
He is a coward for not facing the (friendly boot licking MSM). Good lord, it has been a love fest. Now that there are some problems to deal with (plug the damn hole, now there is some leadership!) Stand up and face the music.
By the way, about that oil disaster, why wouldn't Obama waive the Jones Act and allow all of the countries that volunteered help and expertise like Norway, the Dutch and several other countries? I will tell you why, to protect union laborers that's why. Still has not lifted that act with millions of gallons of oil pouring in, why not get more help?
Why did he have his EPA demand environmental impact studies before allowing the gulf states to construct sand barrier islands to protect their coasts? Ridiculous! W T F is the environmental impact of oil on the coast? Very weak, ineffective leadership. This goes on and on and he has done nothing.
Dingo

Folsom, CA

#19 Jun 30, 2010
Bob! Bob! Bob are you there?

so were you fooled for voting for Sara pallin?
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
re-elected? Now that's the best joke I've heard in a long time not a chance this waste will be re-elected. The American people will not be fooled again by empty promises.
Truth

Burnsville, MN

#20 Jun 30, 2010
Obama- flaky? Enough said.
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jun 30, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
That's nice.
Some flaky Danish for a flaky Kenyan.
I was going to say, "flacky danish for flaky president", but you beat me to it.
Bob Bird

Titusville, FL

#22 Jun 30, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
He couldn't get elected to be a school janitor.

Most school janitors are competent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Americans who live near border say Trumpa s wal... (Nov '16) Nov '16 patriot 4
News Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
News Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
News A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
News Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
News 2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
News Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
More from around the web