Franklin County official deploys to the Gulf of Mexico

Full story: Public Opinion 9
David K. Donohue, director of the Franklin County Department of Emergency Services, has been deployed to the Gulf of Mexico to help with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Full Story
Get The Facts Straight

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Jul 6, 2010
The County operated with an Acting Director of Emergency Services when Jerry Flasher became sick in May of 2008; who continued to oversee the day to day operations of the department as well as project management of the renovation of the new building and the radio project for eighteen months.

Is Mr. Donohue going to continue to receive his full salary and get paid by the coast guard? Remember, he was hired during the 8% cost cutting initiative at 72,000/year.
Say What

York, PA

#2 Jul 6, 2010
Facts,

Guess he'll get what ever the county policy says on county employees who are members of the Reserves or Guards that are called to active duty and rightly so!!!!!

Other than the combat status, what's the difference between this and Iraq and Afghanistan?

And before ya jump there, I met Dave once and have to say I was pretty impressed!!
vp in pa

Jersey Shore, PA

#3 Jul 6, 2010
i think people who are not working, laid off ,etc, should be given a chance to sign up for this work, and it should be with a paid way down and back, and let them work as long as work is there, and we all know this is going to be a long term effort,,
Realitys Fax

Carlisle, PA

#4 Jul 6, 2010
He sounds like yet another government employee Double Dipping.

Regardless of who he is, or what he does.
Bottom line, in my personal opinion.
Common Sense

United States

#5 Jul 6, 2010
Realitys Fax wrote:
He sounds like yet another government employee Double Dipping.
Regardless of who he is, or what he does.
Bottom line, in my personal opinion.
He's serving his country in the military. Period. End of sentence.
Balloon Boy

Gettysburg, PA

#7 Jul 9, 2010
Strange timing on this, when his 2nd in command is resigning.
Mike K

Gettysburg, PA

#8 Jul 11, 2010
Get The Facts Straight wrote:
The County operated with an Acting Director of Emergency Services when Jerry Flasher became sick in May of 2008; who continued to oversee the day to day operations of the department as well as project management of the renovation of the new building and the radio project for eighteen months.
Is Mr. Donohue going to continue to receive his full salary and get paid by the coast guard? Remember, he was hired during the 8% cost cutting initiative at 72,000/year.
...and when not fully engaged with overseeing the day to day operations of the department and the radio project, somehow found time to run all over the county in a POV with a red light going to emergency calls, whether invited or not, to act as the official incident PIO.
Say What

York, PA

#9 Jul 12, 2010
Balloon Boy wrote:
Strange timing on this, when his 2nd in command is resigning.
Why strange timing? When you get the call that you're reserve or gaurd unit has been activated, you go regardless of what's happening at your civilian job!!
Objective Observer

Greencastle, PA

#10 Jul 12, 2010
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Why strange timing? When you get the call that you're reserve or gaurd unit has been activated, you go regardless of what's happening at your civilian job!!
The 2nd in command leaving right after he made his announcement that he is getting deployed. Hmmmm...yes, I'd say the timing might be a little strange, but not on Dave's part. He is just doing what he is asked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug 21 Aureavallis 10
Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
Perry blasts feds for Rio Grande levee maintenance (Sep '10) Sep '10 curious 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Hurricane Alex People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••