Rio Grande flooding, 07.08.10

Rio Grande flooding, 07.08.10

There are 6 comments on the Austin American Statesman story from Jul 8, 2010, titled Rio Grande flooding, 07.08.10. In it, Austin American Statesman reports that:

The river continues to rise due to recent heavy rains and water releases. Story: New storm heads for swamped Texas-Mexico border U.S. Border Patrol's S. Benavides takes pictures as waters from the Rio Grande around International Bridge I, Thursday, July 8, 2010, in Laredo, Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American Statesman.

shelly

Laredo, TX

#1 Jul 8, 2010
worried cuz my mom lives in the riverbanks n you could see the water in her backyard
Coolhuip

Birmingham, AL

#2 Jul 8, 2010
sounds like someone should head for the mountains soon. could get dangerous
skeleto

Austin, TX

#3 Jul 8, 2010
These floodwaters better not drown my drug mule,...eh, friend from Mexico who is supposed to visit me to bring me mangos, sweet delicious mangos. Yeah, that's the ticket.
american

Eagle Pass, TX

#4 Jul 9, 2010
God bless them all
Ricco Rat

Dallas, TX

#5 Jul 9, 2010
I hope the Mud Sharks don't go into a frenzy with all the mojados floating up the river...
oh man

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jul 9, 2010
damn i have my house over there and it's and old one too.... it's up in a hill i know water wont reach it but still u never know it's old

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
News Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
News A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
News Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
News 2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
News Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
News Perry blasts feds for Rio Grande levee maintenance (Sep '10) Sep '10 curious 2
More from around the web