Pierce County / Motorcyclist dies in ...

Pierce County / Motorcyclist dies in collision with van

There are 37 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 1, 2010, titled Pierce County / Motorcyclist dies in collision with van. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Starting today, it'll cost an extra $10 to get a birth certificate in Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nunyabizness

Burnsville, MN

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Another in a long list of examples of how T-Paw "didn't raise your taxes."
Reality

Spring Creek, NV

#2 Jul 1, 2010
nunyabizness wrote:
Another in a long list of examples of how T-Paw "didn't raise your taxes."
If the democrats had their way you wouldn't need to bother carrying a wallet anymore.
Theresa

Chaska, MN

#3 Jul 1, 2010
Republican or Democrat, they all will tap into our wallets one way or another. Some are just more obivious. Time to vote Independent.
Liberals Pay As You Go

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 1, 2010
Libs always say "Pay as you go".

If I never use LRT should I pay for it?

If I never use a bike path should I pay for it?

If I never use a museum should I pay for it?

If I never watch PBS should I pay for it?

If I never visit a state park should I pay for it?

If I never visit Giants Ridge should I pay for it?

If I never visit Iron World should I pay for it?

If I never visit the BWCAWCAW should I pay for it?

You get the idea, should Gobernut provide recreational services for free?

Since: Jun 10

Hopkins, MN

#6 Jul 1, 2010
Do we have any politicians out there who know how to handle a budget deficit?
PBMcWatt

Raleigh, NC

#7 Jul 1, 2010
More $$ for Birth Certificates. More $$ for Death Certificates. They've got us coming and going.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#8 Jul 1, 2010
This is another gift to the poor in Minnesota from Mr. No New Taxes T-Paw. How many surcharges can he find to add to the pile that he has built?

If the richest people in Minnesota would only pay their fair share of taxes, we would not be in the mess that we are in and those who need government services and assistance could survive and maybe even prosper.

Boo! T-Paw, you stink!
citylights

Delano, MN

#9 Jul 1, 2010
Again, get rid of half of the politicians and reduce the salaries of those left in half. No more pork. Deport all the illegals, 5% tax across the board, that gets rid of 3/4 of the IRS leeches. There, problem solved. NO MORE FEES NO MORE TAXES. Get rid of T-Paw and every single democrat and republican that has shown they don't have a clue how to handle this depression.
Malthus

San Jose, CA

#10 Jul 1, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
This is another gift to the poor in Minnesota from Mr. No New Taxes T-Paw. How many surcharges can he find to add to the pile that he has built?
If the richest people in Minnesota would only pay their fair share of taxes, we would not be in the mess that we are in and those who need government services and assistance could survive and maybe even prosper.
Boo! T-Paw, you stink!
I agree, he should have said no to those stinking liberal democrats.
northern Minnesotan

Blue Earth, MN

#11 Jul 1, 2010
"deal between Republican Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Democrats"? In other words the democrats wanted it to be twenty dollars and Republican Gov. Tim Pawlenty wanted it to be zero? So they split the difference? Never met a progressive Democrat that wouldn't be happy to give you the shirt right off someone else's back.

Since: Jun 09

Olathe, KS

#12 Jul 1, 2010
Why is this news? I just checked out what it would cost to get a certified copy of my birth certificate from SD.$15. Same with any other vital record.

Since: Mar 08

St. Paul, MN

#13 Jul 1, 2010
The Real Whatever wrote:
Why is this news? I just checked out what it would cost to get a certified copy of my birth certificate from SD.$15. Same with any other vital record.
It's news because it's an additional $10. It's not that it will cost $10. It was already $16 and $9 for each additional copy. That makes it $26 and $19. Much more than your certificate from SD.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 Jul 1, 2010
YES! Now all newborn Minnesota residents get a tax before their first breath!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Jul 1, 2010
TPAW didn't negotiate this very well. The tax should be $10,000, with a $9,990 rebate if the mom can provide a valid US birth certificate, too.

And that's only a fraction of what anchor babies cost the precious allmighty General Fund.
Gypsy Lee

Baxter, MN

#16 Jul 1, 2010
The Real Whatever wrote:
This is an additional "fee". Last summer I needed to get a copy of my son's certificate from Crow Wing County and it was $16.00. Now there will be ANOTHER $10.00 on top of that.

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jul 1, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
Boo! T-Paw, you stink!
Stirring the masses again today huh? Whose giving you your marching orders the Republican Party or the Tea Party?
Alp

Palm City, FL

#18 Jul 1, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
Boo! T-Paw, you stink!
I agree!

Hopkins, MN

#20 Jul 1, 2010
Alp wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Explain to me why you agree? How is this a gift to the poor? Are you both saying that only poor people need birth certificates. So where's the income break point where a birth certificate is required and not required?
Aint that news

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jul 1, 2010
No new taxes T-Paw says, but nothing was said about new surcharges, fees, and city taxes. Do you think we're too dumb to see through your smoke screen?

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#22 Jul 1, 2010
Two Party Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
Stirring the masses again today huh? Whose giving you your marching orders the Republican Party or the Tea Party?
Silly man. You obviously have not followed me all these years. The Teabaggers and the Repuli-thugs are what is ruining this great nation our ancestors built.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Americans who live near border say Trumpa s wal... (Nov '16) Nov '16 patriot 4
News Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
News Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
News A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
News Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
News 2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
News Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
More from around the web