New eastbound span of Wakota Bridge s...

New eastbound span of Wakota Bridge set to open Thursday

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 30, 2010, titled New eastbound span of Wakota Bridge set to open Thursday. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The eastbound span of the Interstate 494 Wakota Bridge is set to open to rush-hour traffic at 5 a.m. Thursday, the Minnesota Department of Transportation announced this afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Jonny D

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jun 30, 2010
A few years too late ! as I no longer live in woodbury now wait and see if there is still major back-ups in the rush hour
dayton

Rochester, MN

#3 Jun 30, 2010
35w bridge one year? Wac 8 years 7????

Since: Sep 08

United States

#5 Jun 30, 2010
there was no blood on pawlentys hands witt he wakota as there was with the 35w bridge
DLB1960

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 1, 2010
Sigh, I am going to miss sitting in that traffic while I listen contently to the music on my car radio. :-)
Exactly

Farmington, MN

#8 Jul 1, 2010
Earl of Grey wrote:
<quoted text>I-35W was a simple bridge to replace that went within the current right-of-way in one city.
The Wakota bridge / Hwy 61 project involved three counties and numerous cities, all which had to sign off on it. There were also studies that needed to be done. You really cannot compare the two projects as they are apples to oranges.
This is exactly why government cannot operate effectively. The overlapping is out of control and the current occupant of the whitehouse wants to put more layers in place.
Sgt Tackleberry

United States

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Hey, we built two stadiums and a bridge in less than half the time. West bound lane had design flaw and now we dont even know if we can trust the engineers that this one. Another sign ethics and morals are passe, even avoided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
News Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
News A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
News Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
News 2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
News Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
News Perry blasts feds for Rio Grande levee maintenance (Sep '10) Sep '10 curious 2
More from around the web