Buffett hopes to boost Gulf spirits with concert

Full story: TwinCities.com 8
In this June 30, 2010 file photo, Jimmy Buffett performs at his sister's restaurant in Gulf Shores, Ala. Read more
Dam Demthuglicrat

Burnsville, MN

#1 Jul 7, 2010
"Buffett, a supporter of President Barack Obama, said the roots of the spill lie with the administration of former President George Bush, which was often criticized for being too cozy with the petroleum industry.

"To me it was more about eight years of bad policy before (Obama) got there that let this happen. It was Dracula running the blood bank in terms of oil and leases," he said. "I think that has more to do with it than how the president reacted to it.""

It looks like Buffett is just another misinformed, finger-pointing, in denial Obamaton. Too bad. I thought he had more brains than that, but then I remembered he played a fundraising concert for B. Hussein the night before the elections.

Now, it's time to break and throw away all of his LP's and CD's I've been collecting since '73 including the original Down To Earth LP. He's seen the last cent of my money.
Jeb Clampet

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 7, 2010
Dam Demthuglicrat wrote:
"Buffett, a supporter of President Barack Obama, said the roots of the spill lie with the administration of former President George Bush, which was often criticized for being too cozy with the petroleum industry.
"To me it was more about eight years of bad policy before (Obama) got there that let this happen. It was Dracula running the blood bank in terms of oil and leases," he said. "I think that has more to do with it than how the president reacted to it.""
It looks like Buffett is just another misinformed, finger-pointing, in denial Obamaton. Too bad. I thought he had more brains than that, but then I remembered he played a fundraising concert for B. Hussein the night before the elections.
Now, it's time to break and throw away all of his LP's and CD's I've been collecting since '73 including the original Down To Earth LP. He's seen the last cent of my money.
Only a Republican could put two and two together and come up with three. It's a known fact that Cheney let the oil companies write their own regulations and form energy policy for this country, all behind closed doors (like everything else that the Bush administration did). Your response to this article only proves one thing...you live in a bubble and Fox news is feeding you the answers to your life.
Cardinal Corner

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 7, 2010
You two both need a "cheeseburger in paradise".
Bob the Bilderberger

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jul 7, 2010
Jeb Clampet wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Republican could put two and two together and come up with three. It's a known fact that Cheney let the oil companies write their own regulations and form energy policy for this country, all behind closed doors (like everything else that the Bush administration did). Your response to this article only proves one thing...you live in a bubble and Fox news is feeding you the answers to your life.
Nonsense. In the 2008 election cycle, the top recipient of political donations from British Petroleum (BP) was President Barack Obama as BP also spent a massive $16 million on influential legislation in 2009.

We hear nothing about how the Obama administration gave a safety award last year on the very BP drilling platform that is leaking in the Gulf or that the Interior Department claimed it inspected the drilling platform just 10 days before the accident, even though the rig’s emergency shutoff valve reportedly had a dead battery.

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/news/archive/1...
BP Barry

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 7, 2010
Jeb Clampet wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and his Big Oil buddies---

U.S. exempted BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling from environmental impact study

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Obama Top Recipient of BP Campaign Contributions

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives...tions-...

The Federal Government was responsible for having "Fire Booms" ready to prevent any environmental problem. They did not. The Clinton administration had originally responsibility and failed. The Bush administration did not correct the problem. Neither did the Obama administration. If "Fire Booms" were available, there would be virtually no oil slick at all.

BP stands for British Petroleum. It is not an American company, though I doubt that matters to Obama as he looks for others to blame. Not that BP is blameless - far from it. Obviously, BP screwed up. But a main responsibility of the Interior Dept. is allegedly to protect the environment. Exempting BP from an environmental impact analysis, which I would assume other companies had to do, is irresponsible & smells of favoritism. Makes me wonder what other rules & regs they "avoided"?

http://www.examiner.com/x-37620-Conservative-...
BP Barry

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Bob the Bilderberger wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. In the 2008 election cycle, the top recipient of political donations from British Petroleum (BP) was President Barack Obama as BP also spent a massive $16 million on influential legislation in 2009.
We hear nothing about how the Obama administration gave a safety award last year on the very BP drilling platform that is leaking in the Gulf or that the Interior Department claimed it inspected the drilling platform just 10 days before the accident, even though the rig’s emergency shutoff valve reportedly had a dead battery.
http://www.mantecabulletin.com/news/archive/1...
Bush gave Deep Water Horizon 6 citations for safety violations- Obama gave it Awards.
In a stunning AP story, it has been learned that the Bush Administration cited the Deep Water Horizon (The oil rig that sank after an oil well it dug in the Gulf of Mexico exploded) for six safety violations in less than five years beginning in 2002, but the Obama Administration gave it a safety award last year. Here is a key passage in the AP story:
A summary of the inspection history that the MMS officials provided AP said the Deepwater Horizon received six "incidents of noncompliance" — the agency's term for citations.
The most serious occurred July 16, 2002, when the rig was shut down because required pressure tests had not been conducted on parts of the rig's blowout preventer — the device that was supposed to stop oil from gushing out if drilling operations experienced problems.
That citation was "major," said Arnold, who characterized the overall safety record related by MMS as strong.
A citation on Sept. 19, 2002, also involved the blowout preventer. The inspector issued a warning because "problems or irregularities observed during the testing of BOP system and actions taken to remedy such problems or irregularities are not recorded in the driller's report or referenced documents."
During his Senate testimony last week, Transocean CEO Steven Newman said the blowout preventer was modified in 2005.
According to MMS officials, the four other citations were:
• Two on May 16, 2002, for not conducting well control drills as required and not performing "all operations in a safe and workmanlike manner."
• One on Aug. 6, 2003, for discharging pollutants into the Gulf.
• One on March 20, 2007, which prompted inspectors to shut down some machinery because of improper electrical grounding.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100516/ap_on_bi_...
Obama top recipient of BP contributions last 20 yrs.
While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they’ve taken from the oil and gas giant over the years.
BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees —$2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/367...
Dam Demthuglicrat

Burnsville, MN

#7 Jul 7, 2010
Jeb Clampet wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you learned anything here yet, moron or are you still stuck in your Hussein bubble being fed mis-information by the biggest moron of all.
Insert Name Here

Avon, MN

#8 Jul 7, 2010
Jeb Clampet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Goober. You're the one who's trying to make 2+2=3 The rig was cited different times for violations during Bush's watch. Under the Obama admin they got a safety award. Barack Obama was BP's biggest recipient in 20 years. However. I don't blame Bush or Obama for the spill I blame him for the dismal response, something even liberals with a few braincells left have pointed out. Go have another glass of kool-aid drone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
News Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
News A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
News Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
News 2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
News Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
News Perry blasts feds for Rio Grande levee maintenance (Sep '10) Sep '10 curious 2
More from around the web