Milwaukee police sergeant demoted for...

Milwaukee police sergeant demoted for taking breaks at home

There are 54 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 1, 2010, titled Milwaukee police sergeant demoted for taking breaks at home. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Milwaukee police sergeant has been demoted for repeatedly going to his home to take extended breaks while on duty without notifying his supervisor, according to a complaint filed with the city's Fire and Police Commission.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Milwaukee police officer

Montevideo, MN

#43 Jul 6, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Milwaukee police oficer, you are a clown. The poster you just insulted asked a perfectly legitimate question about the use and misuse of taxpayer dollars, and all you can answer with is a lame putdown?
In a perfect way, you've not only just proven the point of so many previous posters here, you've also managed to perpetuate the sad stereotype that so many GOOD officers struggle to disprove.
Don't be a d*ck to the people who PAY YOUR FREAKIN' SALARY. You are replaceable.
So government workers pay taxes also, does that mean they pay their own salaries?
Food for Thought

Motley, MN

#44 Jul 6, 2010
I am sure the Police union will fight this but its nice to see stupidity and duplicity rewarded with punishment for a change!
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#45 Jul 6, 2010
Milwaukee police officer wrote:
<quoted text>So government workers pay taxes also, does that mean they pay their own salaries?
Let me enlighten you, moron.

A government worker's salary is paid EXCLUSIVELY by tax payer dollars, NOT from private market consumers' disposable incomes.

You take $40,000 (or more) from the taxpayers to pay some gov't worker's salary, then make that worker pay his own taxes... Guess what? He's still a net loss on the tax base.

Think about it. Real hard.

It's why Obama's claims of 400,000 new census jobs is utter nonsense. Forget the fact that they were temporary jobs to begin with. They are actually 400,000 short term tax increases for the rest of us, as opposed to 400,000 private sector jobs, which would mean 400,000 new tax burden relievers for the rest of us.

Whatever. I can tell you're a moron, so I'm sure none of this will register in that thick skull of yours. Good luck with your government job. Or welfare check, whatever it is you're mooching on.
Milwaukee police officer

Montevideo, MN

#46 Jul 7, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me enlighten you, moron.
A government worker's salary is paid EXCLUSIVELY by tax payer dollars, NOT from private market consumers' disposable incomes.
You take $40,000 (or more) from the taxpayers to pay some gov't worker's salary, then make that worker pay his own taxes... Guess what? He's still a net loss on the tax base.
Think about it. Real hard.
It's why Obama's claims of 400,000 new census jobs is utter nonsense. Forget the fact that they were temporary jobs to begin with. They are actually 400,000 short term tax increases for the rest of us, as opposed to 400,000 private sector jobs, which would mean 400,000 new tax burden relievers for the rest of us.
Whatever. I can tell you're a moron, so I'm sure none of this will register in that thick skull of yours. Good luck with your government job. Or welfare check, whatever it is you're mooching on.
you are fun to tease! go back to pan handling in Vegas!
Think Again

Waunakee, WI

#47 Jul 7, 2010
<quoted text>So government workers pay taxes also, does that mean they pay their own salaries?
Government workers are PAID TAXES!!! It is revenue negative the money, taxes, that are paid to government workers.
Mr Smart

Saint Paul, MN

#48 Jul 7, 2010
<quoted text>Who said I was from Milwaukee and that I was a police officer? Bet you are a blockhead also.
Look at your username genius.
DMoney

Chicago, IL

#49 Jul 7, 2010
Mr Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
I could put Milwaukee Police Officer as my username too.. I am from Minnesota and have never been near law enforcement....

Username means nothing! If it did would I be rich? Genius....
Milwaukee police officer

Montevideo, MN

#50 Jul 7, 2010
Mr Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words all you people believe everything you read! These chat groups are a joke, I just love to tease you dumb asses !
Milwaukee police officer

Montevideo, MN

#51 Jul 7, 2010
DMoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I could put Milwaukee Police Officer as my username too.. I am from Minnesota and have never been near law enforcement....
Username means nothing! If it did would I be rich? Genius....
Exactly! These people believe everything they read ina paper or see on a TV !
Milwaukee police officer

Montevideo, MN

#52 Jul 7, 2010
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>Government workers are PAID TAXES!!! It is revenue negative the money, taxes, that are paid to government workers.
Hey cheesehead, government workers pay income taxes right! All the people that complain about government workers could apply for the same jobs if you chose . Law enforcemnt, road and street maintenance workers, teachers, etc. All get paid from tax money. Some good ones and some bad ones in every profession.
Mr Smart

Saint Paul, MN

#53 Jul 7, 2010
<quoted text>So in other words all you people believe everything you read! These chat groups are a joke, I just love to tease you dumb asses !
You're an id iot.
Think Again

Waunakee, WI

#54 Jul 7, 2010
<quoted text>Hey cheesehead, government workers pay income taxes right! All the people that complain about government workers could apply for the same jobs if you chose . Law enforcemnt, road and street maintenance workers, teachers, etc. All get paid from tax money. Some good ones and some bad ones in every profession.
I am waiting for the day to be introduced to a good COP. I believe I'll be waiting until I die.
Milwaukee police officer

Montevideo, MN

#55 Jul 7, 2010
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>I am waiting for the day to be introduced to a good COP. I believe I'll be waiting until I die.
That's the best comeback you got ? Wow that is really lame. I'll bet you have met your share of good cops already !
Milwaukee police officer

Montevideo, MN

#56 Jul 7, 2010
Mr Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an id iot.
You can't even type idiot correctly ! Ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
News Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
News A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
News Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
News 2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
News Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
News Perry blasts feds for Rio Grande levee maintenance (Sep '10) Sep '10 curious 2
More from around the web