Milwaukee police sergeant demoted for taking breaks at home

A Milwaukee police sergeant has been demoted for repeatedly going to his home to take extended breaks while on duty without notifying his supervisor, according to a complaint filed with the city's Fire and Police Commission. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
DMoney

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Dude goes home to get a nooner and gets demoted.... so sad!
Matt

Elk River, MN

#2 Jul 1, 2010
Take unauthorized breaks, get demoted. Shoot and kill an innocent person, murder a dog, taze a child, beat a grandma, execute a minority and you get a paid vacation and a promotion. Modern day US law enforcement is a joke.
ForReal

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 1, 2010
Hey Jerry Person, what's your take on this?
Johnny Jacob

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jul 1, 2010
Bad boys, bad boys what ya gonna do. Demote your a s s. Too bad sucka
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 1, 2010
Wisconsin petty police matter--yawn.
oldmanemil

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jul 1, 2010
Very Petty. It wasnt like he was home half the shift. They dont get an hour lunch.
Tax Dollars At Work

Elko, MN

#7 Jul 1, 2010
So does this mean he gets to take his breaks at home, where i am sure the doughnuts are stashed, only at a lesser pay?
Heard

Farmington, MN

#8 Jul 1, 2010
ForReal wrote:
Hey Jerry Person, what's your take on this?
We haven't heard from Jerry for quite some time. Maybe he is taking a "extended vacation". I see where Matt from Buffalo is posting. I believe his is the evil spawn of Jerry.
Walter

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jul 1, 2010
Live by the union. Die by the union.
ForReal

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Heard wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't heard from Jerry for quite some time. Maybe he is taking a "extended vacation". I see where Matt from Buffalo is posting. I believe his is the evil spawn of Jerry.
Sorry to hear about Jerry. His stuff always made me smile. I'll keep a look out for Matt.
awsderf

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 1, 2010
20 minutes for a dinner break is not enough.
Truth Missle

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 1, 2010
Yet another, untrustworthy, corrupt police officeir. I am glad he works in Wisconsin where he can take his frustrations out on the back of the John Doe.
conservative observations

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 1, 2010
So the guy went home on his breaks to enjoy a little afternoon delight, so what? And why on earth do we care about the luncheon adventures of a cop over in Milwaukee?
Sanchez Gomez

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jul 1, 2010
Lazy PIG wrote:
i bet there's a pig reading these comments at home right now, when they should be at work.
Well DUH. You did post here. We all assume you read the article.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 1, 2010
Not to worry...the union will decide he isn't at fault and get him his promotion back, probably with back pay.
B Simpson

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Jul 1, 2010
ForReal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about Jerry. His stuff always made me smile. I'll keep a look out for Matt.
Maybe Jerry changed his name to Matt?
Blockhead

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jul 1, 2010
Why do they let everyone of these guys take a car home now? I live in a suburb 15 miles from St Paul and you see St Paul Police cars parked in driveways around here at night and on the weekends? How the hell much money does that cost St Paul Taxpayers for gas and tires and maintenance? So only one officer utilizes a car? That seems like an unneeded luxury cities can ill afford. Here's another question, when do these cars get their maintenance? Does the officer drive it in, sit and drink coffee while they are changing brakes, oil, tires? I also see Highway Patrol cars sitting in driveways at night. Seems like a ridiculous, unneeded expense to me.
wheres the story

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jul 1, 2010
Although this is yet another example of ridiculous union protectionism, its hardly newsworthy. 20 minutes for dinner? Terrible! They should change that.

That said, there is still no room for abuse in this position of public trust. Private sector fires people like this, not demotions.
JackParr

AOL

#21 Jul 1, 2010
Incredible70 wrote:
Not to worry...the union will decide he isn't at fault and get him his promotion back, probably with back pay.
The "brotherhood is in the back seat with the judicial system and all it`s members. They protect "themselves". He`ll get everything you said and more........
rangergoard

Duluth, MN

#22 Jul 1, 2010
i think for the most part cops are good people just trying to make a living like the rest of us who work. there will always be bad seeds no matter what job you talk about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
Perry blasts feds for Rio Grande levee maintenance (Sep '10) Sep '10 curious 2
More from around the web