With skimming vessels sidelined, Hurr...

With skimming vessels sidelined, Hurricane Alex pushes more oil on ...

There are 9 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jun 30, 2010, titled With skimming vessels sidelined, Hurricane Alex pushes more oil on .... In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Rough seas generated by Hurricane Alex pushed more oil from the massive spill onto Gulf Coast beaches Wednesday as cleanup vessels were sidelined by the faraway storm's ripple effects.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

B James

Lorain, OH

#1 Jul 6, 2010
" Oil rises to near $73.00 a barrel as stocks, euro gain- AP ", but this is still down from April of this year when oil was at $86.20 a barrel and gas went to $2.85 a gallon, SO I ask you, WHY is the price of gas still holding around the $2.85 ($2.79) figure when it should be at $2.00 a gallon. Oil is down $13.20 a barrel but the price of gas hasn't followed this decline, as usual, especially in Amherst, price fix?
Rick

Medina, OH

#2 Jul 6, 2010
This should be sufficient proof that we do not, presently, possess the technology to cap deep-under water wells in a sufficient time frame to protect our environment. Yet they refuse to shut down the other off shore sites until such technology is obtained.

Furthermore, this also proves that the "think green" philosophy is largely a myth based on fear and job creation. If they were truly concerned about the environment, this would be a top priority with only the greatest minds working the problem.
caprilady71

Brecksville, OH

#3 Jul 6, 2010
B James wrote:
" Oil rises to near $73.00 a barrel as stocks, euro gain- AP ", but this is still down from April of this year when oil was at $86.20 a barrel and gas went to $2.85 a gallon, SO I ask you, WHY is the price of gas still holding around the $2.85 ($2.79) figure when it should be at $2.00 a gallon. Oil is down $13.20 a barrel but the price of gas hasn't followed this decline, as usual, especially in Amherst, price fix?
i just wanted to thank you for getting factual info and raising this question. I was beginning to feel I was the only one seeing this. It makes no sense to me that we are paying so much for gas at the pump. I didn't know the exact figures but I knew we were paying less for the barrel. I definitely feel a gouging going on!
Spirittoo

Conneaut, OH

#4 Jul 9, 2010
And if you believe that ... I got some land in Florida I can d sell you cheap.
Spirittoo

Conneaut, OH

#5 Jul 9, 2010
B James wrote:
Oh that's easy ... the reason the price isn't $2 is because the elite are devaluing the dollar ... you think that's bad ... wait until next year at this time ... the dollar will be devalued 30 - 50%... cruel oil prices will be the indicator for the collapse of the dollar.

Since: Jan 10

Bolivar, OH

#6 Jul 10, 2010
This should be a wake up call for B P .......why didn't they try this a long time ago and it would have prevented such a huge loss of oil, not to mention jobs on the mainland.

TOO LITTLE HELP TOO LATE.
pti64

Cleveland, OH

#7 Jul 26, 2010
This is the best case scenario for the BP CEO.

The guy has all of the $$$ he will ever need and now he doesn't have the stress of having to clean up his mess to deal with...
Ken

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 30, 2010
hey ya'all....
how many of you are going down there to help??? you can't complain that something is not getting done correctly unless you are actually doing it or overseeing it yourself. It is a whole different world 5000 feet underwater (the preassure increases one atmosphere for ever 33 feet down) the preassure at sea level is about 14 pound per square inch. That means that 5000 feet down, it is 2121.21 psi. That is seriously a lot of pressure. All the engineering that has to go into making something that works at that preassure takes A LOT of time..........

and by the way, Europe and basically the rest of the world have been paying upwards of 2-3 times the price per gallon we are now for years.....
mamamimi

Canton, OH

#9 Jul 30, 2010
Really, a former FEMA head? They are doomed on the gulf coast for sure now - New Orleans is still a mess after Katrina.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Alex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Americans who live near border say Trumpa s wal... Nov 24 patriot 4
News Young zebra mussel found in Red River (Jul '10) Aug '14 Aureavallis 10
News Cameron County prepares for major storms (Jun '11) Jun '11 lawife 1
News A team of tasters relished the job of determini... (Jul '10) Dec '10 unclepud 82
News Mexico hit with a 6.2 earthquake and braces for... (Jun '10) Dec '10 LA2YA 10
News 2010 hurricanes steered clear of U.S. landfalls (Dec '10) Dec '10 Mr_Bill 12
News Elderly Couple Dies in Flood Waters Near Mathis (Aug '10) Sep '10 SomeYaoiFan 2
More from around the web