Wyclef's bid for Haiti's Presidency

Posted in the Sud, Haiti Forum

Neglakay

Palm Harbor, FL

#1 Aug 5, 2010
Wyclef Jean is one of the best sons of my beloved Haiti. He is a great Haitian who chose to join the struggle to alleviate the plight of his people when he had a chance to just walk away and forget about it. For this, I respect him and I salute his courage and commitment to the cause. He has been a great help to the country since he decided to go back and try to make a difference. It is understandable that he has political ambitions and now is forced by the latest situations in the country to enter the race for the presidency. If I were a friend and adviser to Wyclef I would advise him against running for this office for it seems that too many Haitians believe that the best way to help Haiti is to be the president. Wyclef will help his country more by continue to do what he has been doing and is very good at: Exposing the problems and bring people with money and good will to help. As a superstar, he will have no problems funding a campaign and may even win. Given the conditions of his upbringing and the career path he chose, the presidency of Haiti will not be his best FIT. Let us remember, Aristide would have done more for Haiti and saved his polical career had he decided not to seek a second term after Preval's first term in office. My advice to Wyclef now is: You will do more for your beloved land if you slow down on your political ambitions and keep doing what you do best. Haiti will forever be thankful for your service. Believe me.

Pour La Patrie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sud, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did mining and oil drilling trigger the Haiti e... (Feb '10) Mar '15 Tigrizon 40
News Pope welcomes like-minded cardinals from periphery (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sol 1
News Haitian charity worker visits Perrysburg (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tom Galloway 1
News Happy Birthday, James Audubon, Artist, Ornithol... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John Vacaro 1
News FEATURE-Haiti's road to reconstruction blocked ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Vania 3
News Homes For Haiti (Mar '12) Oct '12 haiti 6
News Gardner City Council would adopt sister communi... (Jul '11) Jul '11 FYI 1
More from around the web