projected path of hurricane gustav

projected path of hurricane gustav

There are 70 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 26, 2008, titled projected path of hurricane gustav. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The projected path of Hurricane Gustav will likely make the Labor Day weekend miserable for someplace -- the only question is where.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Harrys Horn

Austin, TX

#1 Aug 26, 2008
Stay away you stupid storm.

LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM

“Hurt me, make me stronger!”

Since: Jul 08

Where Liberty Dwells

#2 Aug 26, 2008
¨Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity!¨
Smitty

Englewood, CO

#7 Aug 26, 2008
Freedom wrote:
Gustav is rolling fatties, keep smoking your ****! Who asked you here for your guru opinions?
Lol, fatties.
ACv22

Chicago, IL

#8 Aug 26, 2008
former native wrote:
Hey dipsh*ts in New Orleans, watch this storm, if it comes near you then leave. That shouldn't be to hard, you failed this test last time. Three years later you still have your hands out.
You know that's what I first thought about the folks until I volunteered to help at a shelter taking people in after the storm. I helped take care of people who just had surgery and couldn't leave, couldn't even walk. I took care of a lot of sick people, old people, people too poor to have transportation to get out. I took care of people who wanted to leave but who had elderly relatives too old and too stubborn to realize the danger so children stayed to try to care for their elderly parents. It's not as black and white as people refusing to leave.
Survivor

Prairieville, LA

#10 Aug 26, 2008
former native wrote:
Hey dipsh*ts in New Orleans, watch this storm, if it comes near you then leave. That shouldn't be to hard, you failed this test last time. Three years later you still have your hands out.
Did you ever think about the hundreds of people who had to stay because of their jobs???? The nurses, doctors, police, fire dept., EMS, etc? Obviously not! There are natural disasters all over the world that afflict millions everyday. I can only hope that one day you will be seriously affected by one & there will be no one there to help you. Hopefully you won't "have your hands out" because their may not be a "dipsh*t" around to be sympathetic. All I can say is that I'm THRILLED you are a "former" native; we're better off without you!
drock

Grand Island, FL

#12 Aug 26, 2008
what gets me the most is the speculators taking the opportunity to once again hike the price of gas on a guess. this proves that oil prices are not based on supply and demand, but rather a guess on supply. doesnt it seem like every little thing makes it go up and almost nothing brings it back down.
Ex Republican

Anderson, SC

#13 Aug 26, 2008
The price of Oil rose $5 per barrel just because the storm is heading into the Gulf and may impact the Oil Rigs, and our moron President wants MORE off shore drilling. WHY? just to give the Oil Companies more excuses to raise the price of gasoline. There have been many hurricanes in the Gulf, but NEVER before Bush has there been the price gouging as it has since he became President. Your Oil Buddies are very proud of you George.

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

Marco Island,Florida

#14 Aug 26, 2008
Cuban 'athlete'(Just a thug )kicking the referee's face at the XIX Olympics celebrated in China a few days ago!

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/an ...
Maw

Tifton, GA

#15 Aug 26, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
With insensitivty like this, I sur ehope this guy's house gets wiped out, and when that happens, I hope he stays true to his principles and don't accept any help from anyone, including the government. However, we all know, he/she will be first in line for government assistance in the event that should happen.
Whether the people left New orleans or not, it wouldn't have changed the fact that their homes were destroyed, and they would need help in rebuilding? What? Do idiots like this poster actually think if the residents left, their homes would have been spared by Katrina? The reason they still need help in rebuilding the city is because it was wiped out, not because the people decided to stay.
We have over 400 people flooded out of their homes as the result of Fay. Maybe they should have left their homes in preparation of Fay too.
I don't think the previous poster was insensative. Rather he/she questions the intelligence of individuals who keep rebuilding in areas that are in flood plains and then expect to get a handout each time there is flooding secondary to hurricanes or other storms that cause flooding. I agree that that is stupid whether you live in Louisiana, Florida, Minnesota, Iowa or North Dakota. Don't rebuild in flood plains. If the government is going to give folks a handout it should be to move out of these areas on a one time basis.
ACv22

Chicago, IL

#16 Aug 26, 2008
Ex Republican wrote:
The price of Oil rose $5 per barrel just because the storm is heading into the Gulf and may impact the Oil Rigs, and our moron President wants MORE off shore drilling. WHY? just to give the Oil Companies more excuses to raise the price of gasoline. There have been many hurricanes in the Gulf, but NEVER before Bush has there been the price gouging as it has since he became President. Your Oil Buddies are very proud of you George.
Actually that's not true. Prices for gasoline were horrible under Carter, in fact, they used to ration gas and lines were LONG for that rationed gas. But in fairness, the president of the US doesn't set gas prices. Instead of parroting others who don't know what they're talking about, study economics a little.
Survivor

Prairieville, LA

#17 Aug 26, 2008
Come on! Are gas prices REALLY the issue? Peoples' lives could be endangered! Gas prices were high before Gustave was projected to enter the Gulf, & not as high as they are now, even after Katrina's devastation. If you have not become accustomed to the price of gas by now, get a bike; I'm hard-pressed to believe that any president, democratic or republican, will ACTUALLY change the trend. We live in an opprutunistic world. Oil is unfortunately not excluded.
old mom

Ocala, FL

#18 Aug 26, 2008
The first four paragraphs have some significant typos in them. Hello, Sentinel! Where's the proofreader?
CryinMan

Pensacola, FL

#21 Aug 27, 2008
"Hurricane Gustav has weakened and is now Tropical Storm Gustov."

They switch vowels when a storm weakens?
oh please

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Aug 27, 2008
CryinMan wrote:
"Hurricane Gustav has weakened and is now Tropical Storm Gustov."
They switch vowels when a storm weakens?
Good catch! If it weakens to a depressions we will change the name further to "Gust"
oh please

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Aug 27, 2008
pardon me, depression should be singular
cyriaque

Utica, KY

#24 Aug 27, 2008
I live in BR and go to NOLA frequently. My daughter and her family live there. The streets are still in HORRIBLE condition. When you get off the main streets, there are houses falling down. Some of them were like that before Katrina and now it's worse. I grew up in Chalmette and went thru Betsy. That house was demolished by Katrina. Many people are building there on the same slabs. Bottom line for me is that I don't want to pay any tax money for your decisions nor for you to pay for mine. The corruption in the Nagin regime is now being investigated on the Federal level. On and on and on...the culture of corruption on personal and governmental levels continues.
Ender

Dunkirk, MD

#25 Aug 27, 2008
This storm already caused thousands of dollars worth of IMPROVEMENTS in Haiti.

George W, as his last stand will once again aim this one right at New Orleans.

LIGER OMNI POTENT MAGNUM

“Hurt me, make me stronger!”

Since: Jul 08

Where Liberty Dwells

#26 Aug 27, 2008
TROLLS!
Casey59

Miami, FL

#27 Aug 27, 2008
Andy0187 wrote:
maybe the the storm can wash all the black people out to sea again...
You need to leave the country and go live someplace else...hate mongers are not welcome here!
NEW ORLEANS Resident

United States

#28 Aug 27, 2008
RUDE.... All people from New Orleans are not STUPID. We came back and rebuilt and until you live what we have you need to keep your stupid comments to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sud, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did mining and oil drilling trigger the Haiti e... (Feb '10) Mar '15 Tigrizon 40
News Pope welcomes like-minded cardinals from periphery (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sol 1
News Haitian charity worker visits Perrysburg (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tom Galloway 1
News Happy Birthday, James Audubon, Artist, Ornithol... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John Vacaro 1
News FEATURE-Haiti's road to reconstruction blocked ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Vania 3
News Homes For Haiti (Mar '12) Oct '12 haiti 6
News Gardner City Council would adopt sister communi... (Jul '11) Jul '11 FYI 1
More from around the web