South Florida relief agencies rush to...

South Florida relief agencies rush to send aid to storm-ravaged...

There are 28 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 3, 2008, titled South Florida relief agencies rush to send aid to storm-ravaged.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Crops are ruined. Carcasses of drowned animals are floating in the still-rising water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bea

Piscataway, NJ

#23 Sep 4, 2008
You guys are a bunch of cold people!!! God, i'm so surprised & discouraged by the comments/attitudes that it's ridiculous! Do not get it twisted, the US got their own problems that they need to fix. The states got their own mouths to feed but at the same time Haiti has just about NOTHING!! Shyt may be hard in the states but we have the resources to handle whatever given to us. HAITI DOES NOT! These people's livelihood is totally gone...they are totally stranded!! there are ppl on top of their houses that lost all their property, livestock, crops!! they don't have savings or insurance or family in another state they can shack up with!! They don't even have water to drink! and they are certain regions that cannot be reached at all!!

*sighs* ppl i swear we are slowly but surely losing our humanity
Bea

Piscataway, NJ

#24 Sep 4, 2008
You ppl are pathetic hateful ppl...i cannot even begin to believe that this is what is being said about our fellow man!
mysticx

Stony Brook, NY

#25 Sep 4, 2008
Funny how these idiots never worry about the billions of their tax dollars that've gone to funding military coups, puppet governments, and arms shipments to Haiti and elsewhere for decades. The billions of their tax dollars that flow to keep Haiti impoverished.

But the thought of a few thousand dollars in aid?

Just the bleating of uneducated, unknowledgeable, ignorant sheep. Products of that American education system, they happily continue to be used blindly by their government like the brainless cattle they are.

Keep bleating you mindless sheep, keep on bleating.
canboy

Stayner, Canada

#26 Sep 4, 2008
Is the Florida education system really that bad that so many of you on here are so STUPID ?
You guys want them DEAD but THEY are the ones who are the immoral, uncivilized people ? Yes, that makes sense. You morons.
Real World

Hollywood, FL

#27 Sep 4, 2008
mysticx wrote:
Funny how these idiots never worry about the billions of their tax dollars that've gone to funding military coups, puppet governments, and arms shipments to Haiti and elsewhere for decades. The billions of their tax dollars that flow to keep Haiti impoverished.
But the thought of a few thousand dollars in aid?
Just the bleating of uneducated, unknowledgeable, ignorant sheep. Products of that American education system, they happily continue to be used blindly by their government like the brainless cattle they are.
Keep bleating you mindless sheep, keep on bleating.
Baaaa, Baaaa, send more aid so it can be stolen by the government.
Erika

United States

#28 Sep 4, 2008
Some of you people are spawned from Satanseed! Seriously, they're HUMAN BEINGS so knock it off! How would you feel if it were you? I think it's really nice when a few good people want to help those less fortunate. If you don't cool it with the awful comments, karma might come soon and get you!

Ike, leave Haiti aloooooone!
gjhalladay

Niles, MI

#29 Sep 8, 2008
May God have mercy on your souls. Am quite sure most of you spewing hate for the Haitian have never been there.
I go in myself to make sure my $ are spent where I want them to be. Food, housing, medical care etc. The Haitian govenernment doesn't get my money, the needy do. If you held a child in your arms, with his eyes rolled back in his head, because he was close to death from lack of food, you might have a little pity.
renee

West Palm Beach, FL

#30 Sep 8, 2008
you all disgust me.

This same thing happened in New Orleans, to our own "poor" and a lot of people closed their eyes to that too, including our govt.

So, when we need help next time, I hope we all suffer as the poor in Gonaives are.

We deserve a little humble pie once in a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sud, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did mining and oil drilling trigger the Haiti e... (Feb '10) Mar '15 Tigrizon 40
News Pope welcomes like-minded cardinals from periphery (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sol 1
News Haitian charity worker visits Perrysburg (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tom Galloway 1
News Happy Birthday, James Audubon, Artist, Ornithol... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John Vacaro 1
News FEATURE-Haiti's road to reconstruction blocked ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Vania 3
News Homes For Haiti (Mar '12) Oct '12 haiti 6
News Gardner City Council would adopt sister communi... (Jul '11) Jul '11 FYI 1
More from around the web