Haiti: Destruction in Jacmel

Jan 17, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Global Voices Online

"Prayers are needed all throughout Haiti. This is not over yet. We are still getting tremors constantly": First-hand reports of the earthquake from Cody, a blogger in Jacmel, here and here , while Repeating Islands laments the "widespread destruction and loss of life in the beautiful coastal town."

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2010
mariesherlynejea ncharles

Niagara Falls, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

I would like to see more picture of jacmel please, thankyou for everything,also we like to see more doctors in those area; you are doing a wonderful job.keep up the good work,God bless all of you.

Since: Jan 10

Ancaster, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Jacmel looks beautiful, at least before this terrible earthquake. Looking ahead and a little more optimistically, the town of Jacmel, it's airport and port might be developed by the "leave behind" facilities brought in and built for the immediate rescue and reconstruction effort. Jacmel will also be more "on the map", especially in Canada, that might result in other unforeseen benefits in the future, particularly in business, imigration and reunification [with the concommittant families ties] and tourism. We, Canadians and friends of the Haitian people have to see a future and to help Haitians see "blue sky" when they are able.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sud-Est, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biography of Jean Odileau Deronette (Jan '14) Jan '14 myrielle 1
Climate risk to rise in 'key cities' (Oct '13) Oct '13 SpaceBlues 3
Canada's fleet of Sea King helicopters grounded... (Jul '13) Jul '13 paul SHYKORA arts 3
Isaac lashes Haiti; Fla. under hurricane warning (Aug '12) Aug '12 know the truth 1
Bill Clinton hopeful for Haiti's future (Jun '12) Jun '12 Espy 7
Haitian adoptees arrive home (Apr '12) Apr '12 TherseCadet 1
Tufts Graduate Launches Haiti's First LGBT Righ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 snyper 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Sud-Est, Haiti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••