Canadians Give Generously to Haiti

Canadians Give Generously to Haiti

There are 11 comments on the New York Times story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Canadians Give Generously to Haiti. In it, New York Times reports that:

An emotional appeal from Celine Dion to viewers of a French-language telethon for Haiti broadcast Canadian television last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Mike

Clayton, NC

#1 Jan 26, 2010
To Hezbollah as well.
Northern Observer

Dartmouth, Canada

#2 Jan 26, 2010
Mike wrote:
To Hezbollah as well.
Actually, you're wrong Mike.

It is your American CAIR(Council of American-Islamic Relations) that gives money to Hamas and Hezbollah. Ask Obama, he'll tell you all about CAIR.
Fedup

Victorville, CA

#3 Jan 26, 2010
"Taking into account a promise by Canada’s government to match, dollar for dollar, every donation made by its citizens, the two telethons..."

WOW! What a deal! So if some chump coughs up 20 hard earned dollars (or whatever they call them in Canada), the government takes 20 more out of the very same pocket and gives that as well? Well, that proves it. Canadians are just as stupid as Americans.
Northern Observer

Dartmouth, Canada

#4 Jan 26, 2010
Fedup wrote:
"Taking into account a promise by Canada’s government to match, dollar for dollar, every donation made by its citizens, the two telethons..."
WOW! What a deal! So if some chump coughs up 20 hard earned dollars (or whatever they call them in Canada), the government takes 20 more out of the very same pocket and gives that as well? Well, that proves it. Canadians are just as stupid as Americans.
You're not sure what money is called in Canada?...Holy crap, the country next door to you!

The Cdn govt has already donated money like any other govt...$100 mill+ so far, and will be donating MUCH more.

The Cdn govt also said they will match the donations of it's citizens...it's a way to raise even more funds, to get the public involved.

Jeez, some of you really are dumb.
Fedup

Victorville, CA

#5 Jan 26, 2010
You're not sure what money is called in Canada?...Holy crap, the country next door to you!

Do I have a moral obligation?
Fedup

Victorville, CA

#6 Jan 26, 2010
The Cdn govt also said they will match the donations of it's citizens...it's a way to raise even more funds, to get the public involved.

Jeez, some of you really are dumb.

Let me cut to the chase. I think anybody, any country (which still boils down to the individual citizens) are out of the friggen minds for dumping money into that rat hole. Maybe it's time for Haitian to get off their lazy, over-breeding asses and take care of themselves.
Northern Observer

Dartmouth, Canada

#7 Jan 26, 2010
Fedup wrote:
Is Canada north or south of you?...LOL
Idi O Syncrasy

Patterson, CA

#8 Jan 26, 2010
Fedup wrote:
Moral obligation to know your neighbor?
No.
It's a mental obligation.

Canadians are just overdressed Americans that sunburn easily.
Not much different than us, eh?

Now be quiet and quit embarrassing intelligent Americans.
Fedup

Victorville, CA

#9 Jan 26, 2010
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral obligation to know your neighbor?
No.
It's a mental obligation.
Canadians are just overdressed Americans that sunburn easily.
Not much different than us, eh?
Now be quiet and quit embarrassing intelligent Americans.
Ooooowwww! Canadians are just overdressed Americans? Now you really have something to complain about "Northern Observer". And you, Idi O Syncrasy,(cool handle) you need to know that Canadians are fiercely proud of their heritage. Does anyone know the Capital of Luxembourg?
Fedup

Victorville, CA

#10 Jan 26, 2010
Northern Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Canada north or south of you?...LOL
Wouldn't that depend where "I" was in this world? I'm currently at the North Pole helping Santa get presents ready for next Christmas. Canada is to the south of my location.

P.S. Santa says you get a lump of coal.
Idi O Syncrasy

Patterson, CA

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Fedup wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooowwww! Canadians are just overdressed Americans? Now you really have something to complain about "Northern Observer".
No problem, eh.
Just give him a jelly doughnut.
Fedup wrote:
And you, Idi O Syncrasy,(thanks) you need to know that Canadians are fiercely proud of their heritage.
Why wouldn't Canadians be proud of their heritage?
It's the same as ours, until we usurped the Victorville area from Mexico.
Quien es mas macho, hermano? Hockey o Futbol?
Fedup wrote:
Does anyone know the Capital of Luxembourg?
Capitol of Luxembourg?
Hmmm, that's a tough one.
Isn't it Quebec or Manitoba or Lethbridge?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sud-Est, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canada did it better: Scathing report accuses A... (Jun '15) Jul '15 blakelylaw 2
News Canadian Red Cross admits that 'permanent' home... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sam 1
News Did mining and oil drilling trigger the Haiti e... (Feb '10) Mar '15 Tigrizon 40
News Biography of Jean Odileau Deronette (Jan '14) Jan '14 myrielle 1
News Climate risk to rise in 'key cities' (Oct '13) Oct '13 SpaceBlues 3
News Canada's fleet of Sea King helicopters grounded... (Jul '13) Jul '13 paul SHYKORA arts 3
News Isaac lashes Haiti; Fla. under hurricane warning (Aug '12) Aug '12 know the truth 1
More from around the web