Gustav Heads To Open Water; Gulf States Prepare

The spinning core of Gustav was expected to move back over open water Friday, a day after bearing down on southern Jamaica . Full Story

Since: May 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Aug 29, 2008
I am so sorry for the deaths already caused by Gustav. I certainly don't wish anyone to incur damage to/loss of property, injury or worse (and I am an animal lover and wish for their well-being also as they suffer the same as humans) and pray that everyone stays safe. I cannot believe that New Orleans will once again be slammed by a hurricane! The touristy area of New Orleans was rebuilt as quickly as possible, but many other areas have remained as they werre when Katrina hit. What happened to all the millions of dollars donated during the various TV benefits for Katrina? Where is it? Sure doesn't look like it was used for its intended purpose. Seems to me the Federal Government has not done much of anything to restore the Gulf areas hit by Katrina. Various celebrities have and are doing what they can to rebuild houses/restore the areas (Oprah, Brad Pitt, Harry Connick, Bon Jovi, Ellen DeGenerese). If not for them, much of the areas look relatively untouched.

According to a news report yesterday, progress has been made in repairing the levees/waterways in New Orleans but is not completed, and if hit with another hurricane may very well not be able to withstand the force of the winds and could once again flood the area. I cannot believe 3 years has passed since Katrina and this has not yet been completed and history may once again repeat itself.

I will keep everyone in Gustav's path in my prayers.
michael

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2008
wher is hiana going!!!!?
Unknown

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Aug 30, 2008
This is bad I hope everyone is safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sud-Est, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did mining and oil drilling trigger the Haiti e... (Feb '10) Sep 4 Sh1tbird 36
Biography of Jean Odileau Deronette (Jan '14) Jan '14 myrielle 1
Climate risk to rise in 'key cities' (Oct '13) Oct '13 SpaceBlues 3
Canada's fleet of Sea King helicopters grounded... (Jul '13) Jul '13 paul SHYKORA arts 3
Isaac lashes Haiti; Fla. under hurricane warning (Aug '12) Aug '12 know the truth 1
Bill Clinton hopeful for Haiti's future (Jun '12) Jun '12 Espy 7
Haitian adoptees arrive home (Apr '12) Apr '12 TherseCadet 1
•••

Sud-Est, Haiti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••