Chambersburg family heads to Haiti to...

Chambersburg family heads to Haiti to aid orphanage

There are 18 comments on the Public Opinion story from Feb 1, 2010, titled Chambersburg family heads to Haiti to aid orphanage. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Chambersburg's Lester Swope's postponed trip to Haiti will take a different twist this week when he leaves for that earthquake-devastated country on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Duc

Greencastle, PA

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Lester, don't forget to take money to pay bribes to the corrupt customs officials to get the 120 tons of supplies released.
chigger

Carlisle, PA

#2 Feb 2, 2010
I commend the Swopes! I hope they can find weapons while in Haiti, I would want something during all this chaos.
Be safe and thank you for helping.
Jewel

Greencastle, PA

#3 Feb 2, 2010
Chigger, with money they can "rent" protection. They can hire a squad of Haitians armed with machetes to serve as bodyguards. Like in Mexico, Haitian police protection improves if they get bribes.
S S Fort Loudon

Mercersburg, PA

#4 Feb 2, 2010
I think its great to help people in Haiti, But there a lot of people in america that can use the same help here. Why do we always got to be one of the first ones to jump in and offer help? Where is all the outside help, when we need it? Plus were spending money that we don't even have. Does anyone else see what wrong with this picture?
Narrow

Carlisle, PA

#5 Feb 2, 2010
S S Fort Loudon wrote:
I think its great to help people in Haiti, But there a lot of people in america that can use the same help here. Why do we always got to be one of the first ones to jump in and offer help? Where is all the outside help, when we need it? Plus were spending money that we don't even have. Does anyone else see what wrong with this picture?
People ave different callings- if we all helped the same people others would be neglected. If you read the article it stated that the Swope's used their OWN money.
As far as outside help- we get plenty- How many billion are we in debt to China?
Curious- what have YOU done to help others lately?
WHAT

Conover, OH

#6 Feb 2, 2010
Why do we want to help them when they are putting AMERICAN in JAIL?
why is it

Greencastle, PA

#7 Feb 2, 2010
We have familys and kids going to bed on a empty stomachs every night, the homeless, people in pa are struggling to make it. there are no jobs.Get fu@%*&^g serious people.Help our people.Its not our problem,when a quake destroys us who will help? nobody !! I wouldnt send them a penny!And who ever does is a jack@&&.
not our problem

Greencastle, PA

#8 Feb 2, 2010
if people want to use their own money to help them thats fine but when the government wants to spend our tax dollars to help thats bull sh$# Obama should move over there with them and give his seat to clinton.
not our problem

Greencastle, PA

#9 Feb 2, 2010
Narrow wrote:
<quoted text>
People ave different callings- if we all helped the same people others would be neglected. If you read the article it stated that the Swope's used their OWN money.
As far as outside help- we get plenty- How many billion are we in debt to China?
Curious- what have YOU done to help others lately?
help our own people, pay our own debts off, and not spend money we dont have.And i donate food to the food banks,more than you .Im a proud american to serve my counrty and no other
JEB

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Feb 2, 2010
I am sure the Swopes are doing what they are out of love for their fellow man, and pride has nothing to do with it. Also, if you profess to be Christian, it is your problem.
Jacques

Greencastle, PA

#11 Feb 2, 2010
WHAT wrote:
Why do we want to help them when they are putting AMERICAN in JAIL?
Mon ami, you do not understand how it works. The Baptists are locked up and their church or relatives pay money, under the table, to get them released. Never underestimate the amount of corruption in Haiti. Never.
bunch-o-morons

Carlisle, PA

#12 Feb 2, 2010
I have never seen such a bunch of ignoramuses posting all in one thread.

Do us all a favor and stop the inbreeding.
Sue

Greencastle, PA

#13 Feb 2, 2010
bunch-o-morons wrote:
Who is "us"? Are you speaking for everyone?
what

Carlisle, PA

#14 Feb 2, 2010
Jacques wrote:
<quoted text>Mon ami, you do not understand how it works. The Baptists are locked up and their church or relatives pay money, under the table, to get them released. Never underestimate the amount of corruption in Haiti. Never.
Does that mean that it should be ok to kidnap kids just because there parents are not christian. That is what actually happened. They lied to the parents and told them that they would take their kids on a short vacation. Kidnapping and human trafficing are crimes here to.
Darth Vader

Bendersville, PA

#15 Feb 2, 2010
There are plenty of people near to home that need help , just look out around the neighborhoods.
Lets help ourselves first.
By the way , how many Hatians came over here and helped when we had our natural disasters ????
money

Greencastle, PA

#16 Feb 2, 2010
bunch-o-morons wrote:
Your the one who is in a sandwich between kin
ban

Carlisle, PA

#18 Feb 2, 2010
Darth Vader wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw U ****
You and Moscow Pa are the retard's top dogs.
Holla
money

Greencastle, PA

#20 Feb 4, 2010
ban wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Moscow Pa are the retard's top dogs.Holla
closer than u think,HOLLA who the hell says that anymore? Oh may im talking to a gangster now im scared F^$k outta here boy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saint-Marc, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.N. Lambasted for Denying Compensation to Hait... (Feb '13) May '13 Marianne 2
News Haitian docs to visit RI hospital to observe care (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dr. Nosebone 1
News UVA Houses Heading to Haiti - NBC29 WVIR Charlo... (May '12) May '12 jerry daniel 5
News Cholera epidemic in quake-hit Haiti, 135 dead (Dec '10) Dec '10 the examiner 2
News Cholera Confirmed in Traveler from Haiti to Fla. (Nov '10) Nov '10 sandman714 6
News Click to read:Cholera Outbreak Spreads to Haiti... (Nov '10) Nov '10 nfourwheeler7 2
News Haiti cholera toll climbs (Oct '10) Oct '10 Eleanor 3
More from around the web