Haiti's Cholera Death Count Passes 1,000

Full story: CBS News

Gov't Death Toll from Epidemic Stands at 1,034 as of Sunday; Violent Protesters Blame U.N. Peacekeepers for Outbreak A woman suffering from cholera symptoms is treated at the St.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2010
Tim John

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

The Haitian government needs to ask for a full investigation into this 'advanced' Cholera... Why are the new procedures in place to prevent the spread not working? Is Cholera in the medications, the bottled water, the air... what the hell is going on? The Haitian government needs to find out, Cholera can be controlled by simple procedures, which I'm sure have been ordered there.. so what are people just disregarding the procedures like boiling water, and only drinking purified water..and carrying water mixed with sugar and salt with , watching what they eat...and so forth..

...this doesn't sound like Cholera anymore, this sounds like something similar to Cholera transmitted human-to-human contact, with an airborne transmission as well...

The amount of cases simply makes no sense, I mean what, will Haiti have the global yearly average of deaths from Cholera in their country in four to five months?

...I'm talking the GLOBAL rate..

because the pace of this 'Cholera' is unbelievable ...it has a awesome rate of transmission or infection.. it really sounds suspicious, it's hard to speculate..but the rate of deaths makes absolutely no sense... unless people are 'purposely' drinking waters with Cholera in it... knowingly, as if wanting to commit suicide..

I find that hard to believe..

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Tim John wrote:
The Haitian government needs to ask for a full investigation into this 'advanced' Cholera... Why are the new procedures in place to prevent the spread not working? Is Cholera in the medications, the bottled water, the air... what the hell is going on? The Haitian government needs to find out, Cholera can be controlled by simple procedures, which I'm sure have been ordered there.. so what are people just disregarding the procedures like boiling water, and only drinking purified water..and carrying water mixed with sugar and salt with , watching what they eat...and so forth..
...this doesn't sound like Cholera anymore, this sounds like something similar to Cholera transmitted human-to-human contact, with an airborne transmission as well...
The amount of cases simply makes no sense, I mean what, will Haiti have the global yearly average of deaths from Cholera in their country in four to five months?
...I'm talking the GLOBAL rate..
because the pace of this 'Cholera' is unbelievable ...it has a awesome rate of transmission or infection.. it really sounds suspicious, it's hard to speculate..but the rate of deaths makes absolutely no sense... unless people are 'purposely' drinking waters with Cholera in it... knowingly, as if wanting to commit suicide..
I find that hard to believe..
The haitian government being one of the most corrupt governments on earth, i wouldn't expect much of anything good from it ...

Bunch of parasites.

On the other hand, which government isn't?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Thank god Haiti isn't a state, Obama would be considered a racist for neglecting these "blacks". Liberals suck
jean

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

what goverment the haitian goverment is sucks and that,s the bottom line decades of dictatorship and corruption decade of coup d'etat pocketed billion of dallars belong to the people they don't give a damn about the citizens of haiti too bad the citizens of haiti are too blind to see that the haitian goverment is sucks and that's the bottom line even the haitian that live in united state don't see anything wrong with these so-called haitian leaders in haiti they all blind unbelievable
Smoke and Mirrors

Charlestown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

This is what happens when you crap in your water, dirty animals!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Saint-Marc, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.N. Lambasted for Denying Compensation to Hait... (Feb '13) May '13 Marianne 2
Haitian docs to visit RI hospital to observe care (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dr. Nosebone 1
UVA Houses Heading to Haiti - NBC29 WVIR Charlo... (May '12) May '12 jerry daniel 5
Cholera epidemic in quake-hit Haiti, 135 dead (Dec '10) Dec '10 the examiner 2
Cholera Confirmed in Traveler from Haiti to Fla. (Nov '10) Nov '10 sandman714 6
Click to read:Cholera Outbreak Spreads to Haiti... (Nov '10) Nov '10 nfourwheeler7 2
Haiti cholera toll climbs (Oct '10) Oct '10 Eleanor 3

Search the Saint-Marc, Haiti Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••