South Florida relief agencies rush to...

South Florida relief agencies rush to send aid to storm-ravaged...

There are 28 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 3, 2008, titled South Florida relief agencies rush to send aid to storm-ravaged.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Crops are ruined. Carcasses of drowned animals are floating in the still-rising water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
richard

United States

#1 Sep 3, 2008
dont send money it will only go to the people who dont need it
send food all you can do with food is eat it
richard
Rose Bush

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Sep 4, 2008
Send Hatians.
John Thomas

Saint Augustine, FL

#3 Sep 4, 2008
I feel bad, but when do they start taking care of themselves, we do.
Dick

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Sep 4, 2008
What about the Dominican Republic? Why is it always Haiti?
Doesn't the DR need help too?

And other than Haitians living in South Florida, who cares about Haiti?
Itzme4now

Lincolnton, NC

#5 Sep 4, 2008
It is terrible how these storms can destroy lives, however, Americans can not be the "Big Brother" to the world. Let's feed our hungry, our homeless, let's take care of our people FIRST. Any mother knows we take care of our own before anyone else. America needs to start being a good mother
Rocky

New Orleans, LA

#6 Sep 4, 2008
Lets wait until IKE gets done with it, then we can make one trip. No reason to feed people who will be dead in 5 more days.
political junkie

Miami, FL

#7 Sep 4, 2008
Did you bleeding hearts send aid to the Gulf coast region last week or do you exist to artificially support Haiti with US dollars?

I like the other post - Send Haitians!

Americans need to take care of their own first!
Edward Doodyhands

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Sep 4, 2008
Who cares? Why are we sending our money anywhere but within the US? WHO SENT MONEY TO ME WHEN WILMA DID $100,000 IN DAMAGE TO MY HOUSE? Haiti? No. Iraq? No. That idiotic professor who is raising money for the terrorists? No.

My insurance company who I've been paying for 25 years sent me money. So get a freakin job, get some insurance, wherever you live, and take care of yourselves.

Why do we have to babysit the whole world. Then we turn around and everyone hates us, except when they have a disaster. Let China or Russia or Iran do it. Or the Saudis. They all seem to have all of the money these days, but they hoard it.

TIME TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN! There are enough storms out there (wake up, Ike is a Cat 4) that we'll need the money right here at home. Keep it.

I will never donate to Food for the Poor. F them.
Just say no to McBush

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Sep 4, 2008
Why don't they send the help to storm ravaged Louisiana and Mississippi? I am so sick of taxpayers money constantly being sent to these other countries when we don't even take care of our own!
abandon Haiti

Hollywood, FL

#11 Sep 4, 2008
This country is in the general flow of all hurricanes and should not be inhabited.
White E

Hollywood, FL

#12 Sep 4, 2008
Want to help Haiti? Nuke it!
no love for hatians

Ruskin, FL

#13 Sep 4, 2008
Rocky wrote:
Lets wait until IKE gets done with it, then we can make one trip. No reason to feed people who will be dead in 5 more days.
one can only hope
no love for hatians

Ruskin, FL

#14 Sep 4, 2008
animals, total animals.
Diplomate

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Sep 4, 2008
Haiti needs a good decimating of it's population.
Stop interfering with nature.

Sending relif just delays the outcome.
Shyster

Tucson, AZ

#17 Sep 4, 2008
SEnd the relief directly to the government officials in haiti. That will make it easier for them to steal it all. As they always do.
No cash for you

Jupiter, FL

#18 Sep 4, 2008
The only good thing about Haiti is that it slows down hurricanes. Otherwise, all we get from them is immigrants floating here on tires and never learning English. F them.
X-Republican

Miami, FL

#19 Sep 4, 2008
I dont believe and fellow human is an animal, but I as sick of this country spending money on everyone else except our own. I think as Americans we have lost touch with the fact that we are the ones in need of help. Save your money for your own. Looks like we are going to need it.
TamaracJeff

Memphis, TN

#20 Sep 4, 2008
The bigotry and hate that is spewed out by the previous posters to this article amazes me! They see the word "Haitian" and can't resist posting their vitriolic hate! They don't even read the article they are replying to.
The aid is not costing the U.S. taxpayers one cent. This is an effort by members of the Haitian communtiy to help their fellow countrymen. Funds are being collected from the Haitian community here in South Florida; people who work and earn money, which they have every right to spend any way they wish.
As far as the people of Haiti, they have been hit hard by a poor economy and three hurricanes in the past month. A little sympathy is due.
destroy all hatians

Ruskin, FL

#21 Sep 4, 2008
simply put, the hatians need to be saved from themselves. they really should be eradicated @least from our society (which they hate, mistreat & dispise), if not the planet. it would be a beautiful world w/o hatians. no? and as for sympathy,they have no sympathy for each other, let alone u or i.
stasa mo

Newburgh, NY

#22 Sep 4, 2008
get this...the rich live on HIGH GROUND, not only in haiti but on all the carribean islands...so the thing to do is sneak into america..or get rich..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Les Cayes, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did mining and oil drilling trigger the Haiti e... (Feb '10) Mar '15 Tigrizon 40
A platform bringing all students throughout the... (May '14) May '14 Mr D 1
News Pope welcomes like-minded cardinals from periphery (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sol 1
News Haitian charity worker visits Perrysburg (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tom Galloway 1
News Happy Birthday, James Audubon, Artist, Ornithol... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John Vacaro 1
News FEATURE-Haiti's road to reconstruction blocked ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Vania 3
Capitalism: A Love Story (One of Michael Moore'... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Macceau Medozile 1
More from around the web