Help for Haiti

Jul 24, 2010 Full story: Chattanooga Times Free Press 50

Rita Devilus still bears the scars from the day the four-story apartment building collapsed on her.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cananybodyhelp

Olive Branch, MS

#1 Jul 25, 2010
In 1999 Haiti renewed a pacy with Satan. The original pact promised dedication to Satan if he would help the then slaves gain their freedom.
Before the slave revolt Haiti produced about 80% of the world's sugar and the standard of living was among the highest in the western hemisphere.
The Dominican Republic shares the same island (Hispaniola) and has far fewer problems and much less poverty.
My point is: It did not seem that the pact with the Devil was working very well, so, why did they renew it?
Haiti has a population of about 9M. The U.S. gov't. has pledged/given 100M besides all the other contributions that poured into the island nation before and since the earthquake. The suffering and poverty are unabated. Why?
fema

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jul 25, 2010
... The Toronto Declaration makes a point of noting that Haiti's debt with International Financial Institutions will be cancelled,

but avoids mention of the larger debt that the country owes to the Inter American Development Bank (IADB).

Haiti owes less than $200 million to the World Bank and the IMF, while their outstanding debt to the IADB is upwards of $441 million.

The IADB has also positioned itself to become the lead development bank behind the $10 billion reconstruction of the country ...

http://vancouver.mediacoop.ca/story/g-20-nati...
hobart j crews

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2010
How much did Haiti send to the Gulf for help with oil spill tragady?
Usa

United States

#5 Jul 29, 2010
Help got USA first
Hlping haiti

New York, NY

#6 Jul 29, 2010
Helping haiti

New York, NY

#7 Jul 29, 2010
Flag Flyer

United States

#8 Aug 6, 2010
How about taken care of the homefront first? HAS all the children in the United States cloths to wear?Food to fill their stomachs?A proper education?All their basic needs taken care of?
Slush rush

United States

#9 Aug 7, 2010
3 million go to bed hungry everynight here. It's time we fix America then help others. I'm all for missionary work but there's people here with no bible or no clue of god! We need change then fix others!
george barnett

Fort Myers, FL

#10 Aug 10, 2010
Send birth control.
Hehaw

Jackson, TN

#11 Aug 12, 2010
Felt bad giving but did
george barnett

United States

#12 Aug 13, 2010
Hehaw wrote:
Felt bad giving but did
If they will not limit their fertility,let them starve.
CurtisLowe666

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2010
Yes ignorant sods let's shove god down their throats like the United States did the native americans. And if that doesn't work, lets kill as many as we can until they decide that if the Great White Father demands god in their lives. Then god will be in their lives. pfft..sods..
SoMuchForThat

AOL

#14 Aug 15, 2010
CurtisLowe666 wrote:
Yes ignorant sods let's shove god down their throats like the United States did the native americans. And if that doesn't work, lets kill as many as we can until they decide that if the Great White Father demands god in their lives. Then god will be in their lives. pfft..sods..
One day every knee will bow and proclaim Christ LORD OF ALL. Even idiots like you!
Helping haiti

New York, NY

#15 Aug 22, 2010

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#16 Aug 22, 2010
Who will win in the november Election in Haiti?
Does anyone care about the hapless homeless citizen of Haiti?
Bugs Bunny

United States

#17 Aug 22, 2010
we need to take care of US FIRST!...no one ever helps US!

Cologne- Germany

#18 Aug 23, 2010
The whole global people are much infatuated with all the Americans(US) but not the corrupt, contangerous, callous corporate enterprise in the name of democracy.
george barnett

Atlanta, GA

#19 Aug 23, 2010
Ramafuchs wrote:
Who will win in the november Election in Haiti?
Does anyone care about the hapless homeless citizen of Haiti?
Not Really.

Cologne- Germany

#20 Aug 24, 2010
I care a lot sir.
I am an exception
george barnett

United States

#21 Aug 24, 2010
Ramafuchs wrote:
I care a lot sir.
I am an exception
Possibly unique.Haiti's real problem isn't earthquakes or hurricaines.It is overpopulation.They have bred far beyond their resource base.Their half of the island could probably support 200,000 people.There are over 9 million Haitians.If we keep feeding them,they will soon be complaining of having to screw standing up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Les Cayes, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did mining and oil drilling trigger the Haiti e... (Feb '10) Sep 4 Sh1tbird 36
A platform bringing all students throughout the... May '14 Mr D 1
Pope welcomes like-minded cardinals from periphery (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sol 1
Haitian charity worker visits Perrysburg (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tom Galloway 1
Happy Birthday, James Audubon, Artist, Ornithol... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John Vacaro 1
FEATURE-Haiti's road to reconstruction blocked ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Vania 3
Capitalism: A Love Story (One of Michael Moore'... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Macceau Medozile 1

Les Cayes, Haiti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE