Residents flee flooded Haitian city; ...

Residents flee flooded Haitian city; South Florida groups help ...

There are 97 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 10, 2008, titled Residents flee flooded Haitian city; South Florida groups help .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Usually a quiet village in the hills, this town became a major crossroad Wednesday for a stream of refugees pouring out of storm-ravaged Gonaives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
smile

United States

#90 Sep 12, 2008
calm in USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile, what fairness can you get by voting for someone who is simply NOT qualified?
Again, the way you mentioned "fairness" sounds like Obama will be President of one race, what about all the others? Can you say Diversion? Can you say Racism? That's the problem. We're living tough days and more are expected, what "change" will Obama bring that will make it "fair" for my country to progress? for me to feel safe? for me to not worry about the futur of my kids? The man is just an eloquent speaker, a great reader, and smart too, but, not enough to be President. Vote for Obama because he is Black is your perogative. As for me, I will vote for someone who has the experience in making things better. We don't have time to TRY Obama now to see what "change" he can bring.
You've heard the expression "too good to be true"? Well, listen to all the promises Obama makes, don't you think it's "to good to be true'? considering the is a deficit. Where will he get the money to actually do what he says? And when he can't make good on his promises White folks will laugh at us. They will talk about the incompetent Black President. Then What?
Okay "Calm", this is getting off of the original topic of the devestation in Haiti.(Which yes, I made a donation of what little money I had to provide "because they are black"). I however want to clear things up quickly. I am not voting for Obama soley for his race. I am voting for him based on his democratic policies (ie. healthcare, education, ect) which I can truely relate to and agree with. He has EVERYBODY'S interest at heart.(Not just the black folk) That is what I meant by fairness.
George Bush didn't have experience and he's been siting pretty for 8 years. There were also many other presidents that were elected before that that didn't have experience. He has an intense education, community service, and is simply a likeable guy. Those are just a few of the things he has to offer. If McCain's "experience" was so immaculate, why didn't he win before?
I also wanted to inform you that many (not all) white people will ALWAYS be laughing at us. Just take a look at some of the posts in this and other forums. Black president or not, clearly, I AM NOT looking for a sudden change in "race relations". I am looking for a change in economic relations. I have worked hard for everything I have, put myself through school,(NO handouts) and would like to secure a promising for myself and my children.
Odin

Hollywood, FL

#91 Sep 12, 2008
Don't haitians eat mud cakes? Well, with all the rain, they should be able to eat like haitian kings!
goddamn chimps

Ruskin, FL

#92 Sep 12, 2008
save the hatians from themselves! eradicate now! but then again, even vermin have their role in the grand scheme of things, no? mmmmmmmmmmmmm mud cakes. are you kidding me?
Freedom

Laredo, TX

#93 Sep 12, 2008
You damned Democratic devil, Satanic God will punish you most painfully.
Viva Castro!
pierre joseph

AOL

#94 Sep 12, 2008
DEPORT HAITIANS wrote:
Deport all Haitians now! They are turning our state into a third world nation. Shopping is no longer anything close to a pleasure at Publix due to rude, ignorant, filthy haitians that have been hired to work there by a very unpatriotic company that has a virtual monopoly on the grocery business in Florida. The haitians have turned EVERY neighborhood they live in into a crime ridden slum, driving out all other races. Our government turns a blind eye towards the ILLEGAL haitian wetbacks that are destroying our state. Within 10 years South Florida will be a unlivable (for decent humans) place, ruined by haitians - then we'll see what the republicans & democrats have to say - they have let this happen.
you give me quarter before i go ??
Freedom

Laredo, TX

#95 Sep 12, 2008
Haitians need to know that most Americans in their dark thoughts like to play with this evil dark satanic Democracy with other people as their ideas of perfection.
Viva Castro!
Odin

Hollywood, FL

#96 Sep 12, 2008
Freedom wrote:
Haitians need to know that most Americans in their dark thoughts like to play with this evil dark satanic Democracy with other people as their ideas of perfection.
Viva Castro!
Yeah, yeah, we get it
Green Sweep

Pottstown, PA

#97 Sep 12, 2008
Eat your own and perish!
Freedom

Laredo, TX

#98 Sep 12, 2008
White demonic democracy is symbolized by White people in which the ultimate power is White democracy as a set of ideas and principles about White freedom.But as a demagogue allusion to the deterioration of poor nations.
Viva Fidel!
Freedom

Laredo, TX

#100 Sep 13, 2008
Whatever your omnivorous buzz words are, the Hatians are torn by your capitalistic anointed demonic democracy.
Viva Fidel!
Captain Kirk

Deltona, FL

#101 Sep 15, 2008
Freedom wrote:
White demonic democracy is symbolized by White people in which the ultimate power is White democracy as a set of ideas and principles about White freedom.But as a demagogue allusion to the deterioration of poor nations.
Viva Fidel!
Mr. Spock, tie in the universal translator and try to find out what in the hell this guy is saying.

What's that? Oh, the universal translator doesn't consider what Hatians say language only a variation of farts and grunts. Oh well better luck next time......
Dick

Boca Raton, FL

#102 Sep 16, 2008
Americans in Texas need help first.

The haitians will have to wait.

Maybe they could relocate to Montserrat?
misc

Stamford, CT

#104 Sep 16, 2008
WHY WOULD YOU PEOPLE TALK SO BAD ABOUT HAITI? HAITI IS A GREAT COUNTRY. THER IS UNITY, PEACE,GREAT PRESIDENT,GREAT SCHOOL SYSTEM AND A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE.
"NOT" I AM A PRO0UD HAITIAN AND WOULD LIKE TO CURSES EVERY ONE WHO TALKS THE TRUTH ABOUT HAITI. THE TRUTH HURTS, BUT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT.
REALIZE THAY
HAITIAN IN AMERICA WORK AS HARD AS US BORN AMERICANS. YOU GIVE MY PEPOLE THE OPS AVAILABLE IN THE US AND THEY KICK BUT. THATS WHY YOU PEOPLE HATE HAITIANS SO MUCH, BECAUSE WE SUCCEED AT EVERY CHANCE WE GET. I WISH YOU ALL GET A LIFE AND SEND HAITI SOME MONEY TO SAVE SOME LIVES.
HATI RULSE THE WORLD
momma

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#105 Sep 17, 2008
Big Jim wrote:
Why don't they ask their neighbors, the Dominicans for aid?
How come the Dominican Republic never has this problem?
Same Island.
Same Storm.
How come its just the Haitians?
And no, reading this article won't guilt me into sending money.
The Haitians that are in South Florida can send THEIR money back TO THEIR people.
And a word to all Haitians, when you are in public talking your blubbering banter, keep the volume down.
We are civilized here.
was just there in the d.r. and see that the haitens are working their butts off to make ends meet for their families. The Dominican does not care about anyone including their own people....believe me...being there...everyone is starving....however, i have no respect for the d.r. as they do not force the kids to go to school to get an education..poor breeds poor!!!!!!!!
momma

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#106 Sep 17, 2008
Dick wrote:
<quoted text>
White people run the planet.
Don't forget that.
just wait 15 years and white people will be the 10% of u.s. population you idiot
Angry American

Miami, FL

#108 Sep 17, 2008
Stop sending money overseas. We already take care of enough Haitians right here in S. Florida. Send mony to Texas. Take care ourselves before we help others that do not contribute and only consume. If you need to feel goood about yourself cook dinner for your sick neighbor that you never say hello to. It needs to start right here, not overseas. What does Haiti do for us, nothing unless you count disease as something.
Angry American

Miami, FL

#109 Sep 17, 2008
People R people wrote:
Upon reading most of these blogs, I have come to the conclusion that most of you are worthless human beings with absolutely no sense of humanity, decency. Haitians are human beings you all, what is wrong with you people.
They are closer to animals than humans. I have been around plenty of them. They smell and rarely bathe. Their homes are disguisting. The are not very intelligent. My 6 year old has more on the ball than most of the adults. They always have that puzzeled look on their face as if their head is hollow. Click Click Click

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gonaives, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mining in Haiti on hold amid uncertainty and op... (Apr '15) Apr '15 will it Help Hait... 1
News Haitian voodoo followers mark Easter (Apr '13) Apr '13 What_HaitianPatty... 1
News Indonesian peace keeping mission awarded UN med... (Sep '12) Dec '12 Desinura 38
News Help that hurts: An interview with Tim Schwartz... (Mar '12) Mar '12 the truth 2
News Haiti Aims To Spread People, Jobs Across Country (Sep '11) Sep '11 also 1
Video Haiti: Behind Enemy Lines (Aug '11) Aug '11 Wayne Kidd 1
News La. National Guard soldiers help distribute sch... (Jul '11) Jul '11 haivi 1
More from around the web