Welcome to Haiti...

There are 12 comments on the NowPublic story from Jun 26, 2007, titled Welcome to Haiti.... In it, NowPublic reports that:

OFFICIAL WARNING: Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada advises against all travel to the region specified below. via NowPublic

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NowPublic.

haitianflex dot com

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jun 27, 2007
You should tell us something that we donít already know. you should stop exaggerating, i just came back from Haiti 3 weeks ago and the situation is getting better!
Davita Peterkin

United States

#2 Jul 14, 2007
Hi, can you tell me if there is a way to locate family members in Haiti?
I mean like a phone book or something?
This info is for a young man(future son in law) who lives in NJ and needs to locate his family in Haiti.
Davita Peterkin

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2007
My e-mail address is: tpeterkin1@hotmail.com Thanks!
HAYTIAN PRIDE

Richmond Hill, NY

#4 Jul 15, 2007
Davita Peterkin wrote:
Hi, can you tell me if there is a way to locate family members in Haiti?
I mean like a phone book or something?
This info is for a young man(future son in law) who lives in NJ and needs to locate his family in Haiti.
I feel for this kid. Wow! O.K., the Haitian phone book is unreliable. But, on the other hand that same phone book could be such a savior, because people with house phone tend to have the same number for years. The next best thing is for him to ask for his family on Haitian radio stations. They would broadcast their name and his name. They would contact the radio stations. Even if his family don't listen to the radio but someone else is, a friend of the family or anybody would relay the message to them. Because, in Haiti people tend to know each other.
Cheers!
SueS

North Bay, Canada

#5 Sep 28, 2007
"haitianflex dot com
Do you do business in Haiti?
Sue
haitianflex dot com

Toronto, Canada

#6 Oct 1, 2007
SueS wrote:
"haitianflex dot com
Do you do business in Haiti?
Sue
Yes i do? why did you ask?
SueS

North Bay, Canada

#7 Oct 23, 2007
I'm looking for a purchasing agent for sun-dried sea salt located in the coastal Anse Rouge area of Haiti. I want to buy in bulk to ship to Canada.
Any chance you would be available?
Sue
Friends in Haiti

Washington, DC

#8 Oct 25, 2007
Im a development worker moving to Haiti/PoP early in 2008. I was there for two weeks this month, liked it very much, but couldn't get much beyond the Hotel Montana.
Id really like to be able to hear from, about and meet Haitian and other international residents living there before i come next year..i only worry that i could spend too much time by myself for many months there before getting to meet good people, get out of town some, go to parties, and the like...
thanks for any tips/suggestions as to who to meet or where to go and thngs like this,
Rand
rene

Hamilton, Canada

#9 Oct 25, 2007
Friends in Haiti wrote:
Im a development worker moving to Haiti/PoP early in 2008. I was there for two weeks this month, liked it very much, but couldn't get much beyond the Hotel Montana.
Id really like to be able to hear from, about and meet Haitian and other international residents living there before i come next year..i only worry that i could spend too much time by myself for many months there before getting to meet good people, get out of town some, go to parties, and the like...
thanks for any tips/suggestions as to who to meet or where to go and thngs like this,
Rand
My dear friend, if you have not gone beyond Montana Hotel, you have not been to haiti.
haitianflex dot com

Toronto, Canada

#10 Oct 26, 2007
SueS wrote:
I'm looking for a purchasing agent for sun-dried sea salt located in the coastal Anse Rouge area of Haiti. I want to buy in bulk to ship to Canada.
Sue
what's your email?
haitianflex dot com

Toronto, Canada

#11 Oct 26, 2007
SueS wrote:
Sue
you can visit my site and click on contact for my contact info.
Kendra

Roselle, NJ

#12 Jun 6, 2009
Mom stop trying to find out where Jerry's family is from!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gonaives, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mining in Haiti on hold amid uncertainty and op... Apr 14 will it Help Hait... 1
News Haitian voodoo followers mark Easter (Apr '13) Apr '13 What_HaitianPatty... 1
News Indonesian peace keeping mission awarded UN med... (Sep '12) Dec '12 Desinura 38
News Help that hurts: An interview with Tim Schwartz... (Mar '12) Mar '12 the truth 2
News Haiti Aims To Spread People, Jobs Across Country (Sep '11) Sep '11 also 1
Video Haiti: Behind Enemy Lines (Aug '11) Aug '11 Wayne Kidd 1
News La. National Guard soldiers help distribute sch... (Jul '11) Jul '11 haivi 1
More from around the web