Haiti: Le Cap Haitien sends some news

Jan 15, 2010 Read more: Global Voices Online

Breaking News , Disaster , Health , Humanitarian , Internet & Telecoms , Refugees , Relief & Rescue Languages: French , English Full Category List Excerpt Wednesday January 13th: The day after the terrible 7.0 earthquake which has left Haiti in an undefinable situation, and the island is facing seemingly insurmountable communication challenges.

Read more
concerned in US

Sheridan, IN

#1 Jan 17, 2010
Anybody know how things in caphaitien are? was it affected by quake?
Bill B

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jan 20, 2010
I also am interested in the status in Cap Haitien. Having visited the city twice in the mid 70'sw, I found it a most fascinating place. Travelled the countryside some, the Citadel on 2 occassions, and found the local people to be most friendly and hospitable. Also visited Port au Prince, and am be interested in following the events that are coming out of that devastated country.
Brian E

Columbus, OH

#3 Jan 21, 2010
Yes - I am also wondering why news agencies (at least what I've watched and heard) have NOT reported on conditions outside Port au Prine in such cities as Cap Haitien. I have similar story regarding my travels to Cap Haitien in the 70's...when tourism was providing at lesat some income albeit during days when the country was run by the Duvalier Family.
Mister

Haiti

#4 Jan 27, 2010
Until now, everything is fine at CAp-Haitian but the rumor says it may be hurt in the upcoming days.
can't tell if it's true or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cap-Haitien, Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haitian American Architect Rodney Leon Slavery ... Apr 6 community news 1
Haiti - Boxing : Fighting between Stevenson and... Apr 6 community news 1
Latest Haiti news Apr 6 community news 1
Heaviest mango in the world 3.435 kg (7.57 lb)/... Apr 6 community news 1
Je recherche ma famille Mar '15 Sonie 1
Haitians and Haiti Jan '15 fista 1
News Haiti's Political Crisis Is About to Get Worse Dec '14 BelFem2 2
More from around the web