Haiti: Protesters Stone U.N. Patrol

Full story: New York Times

Several hundred protesters stoned a United Nations patrol and yelled anti-United Nations slogans in the capital, Port-au-Prince, on Thursday as anger spread over a cholera epidemic.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Clara

Totowa, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

How ungrateful. It's not the U.N. or America's fault that Haiti has a corrupt government that can't handle a crisis. Pull them out and stop wasting our time, money, and effort if they don't want help.
Martee Capilli

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

A group of us (short termed missionaries) were to leave Saturday (20th) to haiti. With Cholera and malaria, but that was before the violence started. Who is the losers in this all out rebellion? One should never bite the hand that feeds them.
Clara, You need to read the history of Haiti. It is hauntinly interesting. It is out of ignorance illitercy, and a life time of being in seemingly lost country. They think the UN Tainted their water supply with Cholera....They have been told and told NOT to drink the sewage water that runs down in ditches or bathe in it. I have been there several times and it doesn't stop them from bathing, cooling down drinking that water. They are a nation that is waiting for the world to fix them.....and the children suffer.
Marie

Price, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

What help are you talking about? If they where being help properly, they would not be dying. They have been patient for almost a year now. Nothing is moving fast enough for them to get the help they needed. your comments about Haiti is full of lack of compassion. You should imagine your selves being in their shoes and your children are dying your husband or your wife. We all are human think of that.
Marie

Price, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

Haitians, are clean people if they had clean water they would be happy and use it. Them using dirty water is call survival, to wash the dust off. They don't have clean running water like most American do especially after the earthquake and Hurricane. Billions $ was donated nothing has even reach them to help with sanitation
when they speak I understand I don't go by all the lies I heard from some journalist. Martee you being dishonest about a lot of things and careless. What kind of missionary are you? I doubt you do anything when you their. Haitian history martee you don't know it. I've read the Haitian history book, compare to the medias ideas about Haiti they way off and full of rabbish!
jean

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

human waste dirty water garbage pile up all over the place caused the spead of the cholero who's to blamed for this mess the haitian corrupt dysfunctional goverment haiti was in this shape before the earthquake there was no sewer lines there was no water lines there was no water treatment plants there was no eletric power lines or electric production the condition went bad to worse after the earthquake at least these so-called leaders haitian leaders could help these people get a meal and temporary shelter with all the billion of dallars they pocketed over the last decades use some of that billion they pocketed to rebuilt the country and the haitian people is so ungrateful to blamed the un or the u.s I don't see your crooked goverment do anything to help I said it before and I will say it again and I will continual to say it the haitian goverment is sucks and that's the bottom line
ag_man

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

You people are all idiots and ignorant maggots. You stupid dumb asses don't know anything about Haiti!! The UN and the Domincan Republic border patrol have been working together to poison the haitian waters!! I am Haitian and my mother has relatives all in Haiti and know exactly what is going on!! The UN and the Dominican Republic Border control have been trying to destroy the Haitian people since way back during the war!! They HATE US!! You think they help Haitians?!! PLEASE!!! They only help when the world is watching them!! As soon tv cameras are off, Haitians are treated like TRASH in the DR!! Raping, killing, abusing my people in the streets and doing this to little children too!! And for all you dumb asses that think the UN is some kind of helping hand and savior, I know for a fact the UN is an evil organization that has demonic roots linking to the Devil!! They are the very ones in the Bible that will have a hand in the globalization of the New World Order when Satan will have control over the Earth in the great tribulation! You people think you know what is going on, you have no f*cking idea!!
Nukes 4 Peace

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

I think the place should be nuked to keep the disease from spreading to Florida - the whole shitty island - both sides. Think of how many less future criminals will be washing up on our shores.
http://nata-ny.org/blog/
1123232tve

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

Martee Capilli wrote:
A group of us (short termed missionaries) were to leave Saturday (20th) to haiti. With Cholera and malaria, but that was before the violence started. Who is the losers in this all out rebellion? One should never bite the hand that feeds them.
Clara, You need to read the history of Haiti. It is hauntinly interesting. It is out of ignorance illitercy, and a life time of being in seemingly lost country. They think the UN Tainted their water supply with Cholera....They have been told and told NOT to drink the sewage water that runs down in ditches or bathe in it. I have been there several times and it doesn't stop them from bathing, cooling down drinking that water. They are a nation that is waiting for the world to fix them.....and the children suffer.
You talk about illiteracy? Read your own post.
Storm Warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

ok dummies read up on how Haiti got to be all black period 1808 1812
Martee Capilli

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

Marie wrote:
What help are you talking about? If they where being help properly, they would not be dying. They have been patient for almost a year now. Nothing is moving fast enough for them to get the help they needed. your comments about Haiti is full of lack of compassion. You should imagine your selves being in their shoes and your children are dying your husband or your wife. We all are human think of that.
I have been there many times and I stand by what I have said. When you live in a comforable envionment, free to open your refrigerator for a snack or turn on the TV......Leave it, fly to Haiti, Help pick up brick debri, it's heavy !! Find a bathroom and what you will find is "Home made" out houses that are not or never been cleaned. Let's go to the nearest McDonalds since there is nothing to eat at home...OOPs, there are No McDonalds. Go and help them.( The Hatian men..oh wait a minute Help?? what help?? Haiti men are not too anxious to help their own. Yes, they do look for work, but there is nothing there that one can do and get paid for it..NOTHING
Speak with true knowlege and not compassion....Obvious, I am very passionate about Haiti.....I have been there time after time in a missionary compassity. We send supplies that when you land at the airport, you can see some of the crates broken open. Ride down the street and see the Vendors selling what we donated and sent over there. The so called government sell Donated items to street people and they in turn sell it .At night listen....What do you hear? A radio? No way !!! It is the witchcraft and Voodoo follows chanting and carrying on a "RAH RAH" and it can be a very intense night. One last thing....go watch the Voodoo priest steal a very young female baby and offer it as a human sacrifice....burned alive. Now, go back to your chips and dips. On the average, even in the orphanages child are fed every three days. So, take a "Vacation" and go... See what the world struggles every day with trying to help. Now, they are biting the hands that feed them to the point that they wouldn't allow "Doctors without Borders" to go into thier primative, unclean makeshift hospital to treat the sick . The are protesting saying the UN tainted their water with cholora. If the UN pulls out, the "Peace keepers", Haiti will become impossible to help. We as missionaries had to cancel our trip this week due to the violence. And the only "families" are Ministers tending their orphages. Please go, see for ourself, by the way, there are no hotels so be sure to pack your tent, no electricity so take plenty of batteries Have a buddy system in place....women get raped multiple times so you will need a "buddy" . We are doing our best so please don't sit there in your comfortable recliners and judge the world.....GO and help.I leave you to invision this: A child suffers from hunger pains so their mother make mud patties and the children eat them to get rid of the hunger pains
Martee Capilli

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

Bushpig wrote:
<quoted text>
... It's always somebody elses fault, boo hoo, the World owes you NOTHING ... If the UN is so evil why accept aid from them, if the US is such a bad country why take aid from them?... As always countries like Haiti blame everybody else for their woes and then have the audacity to hold out their begging bowls to the same countries and organisations they 'hate' and denounce as evil ... Sort your own sh*t out, stop being a burden to other countries ...
Sounds like you both could benefit from a nice trip over. as for "Bushpig, You are not Haitian, otherwise you would know that most of Haiti's people are Voo Doo and Witchcraft followers. Sign up for a trip with a reputible agency, and go see for your self. I have been there several times. The UN do not go wild when the cameras are off. Other wise, the missionaries that visit there to help and the ones that live there to help would be their first target. Call stupid? well as Forest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does.
Bev

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Martee Capilli wrote:
That is so typical of people we help in other countries. We are broke, yet we still send money, and good people go to help, and they actually hate us. Instead of blaming our U.N. workers what about appreciating the workers who are risking their lives in being exposed to diseases? Yes, those people and those in other areas of the world do nothing for themselves, want others to take care of them, and then resent the people who help them. Go figure.
Bev

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

Clara wrote:
How ungrateful. It's not the U.N. or America's fault that Haiti has a corrupt government that can't handle a crisis. Pull them out and stop wasting our time, money, and effort if they don't want help.
The shape our country is in now we need to stop throwing millions into other countries who hate us. Charity begins at home. We have the homeless, the jobless, the hopeless here in the USA thanks to a corrupt democratic congress. Let's get some help for those who are in THIS country. Our insurance premium doubled thanks to the idiotic health plan passed by Congress. Is it okay for people to starve and lose their homes in this country while money we don't have is sent to other countries? Not in my opinion.
Jack

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Martee Capilli wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been there many times and I stand by what I have said. When you live in a comforable envionment, free to open your refrigerator for a snack or turn on the TV......Leave it, fly to Haiti, Help pick up brick debri, it's heavy !! Find a bathroom and what you will find is "Home made" out houses that are not or never been cleaned. Let's go to the nearest McDonalds since there is nothing to eat at home...OOPs, there are No McDonalds. Go and help them.( The Hatian men..oh wait a minute Help?? what help?? Haiti men are not too anxious to help their own. Yes, they do look for work, but there is nothing there that one can do and get paid for it..NOTHING
Speak with true knowlege and not compassion....Obvious, I am very passionate about Haiti.....I have been there time after time in a missionary compassity. We send supplies that when you land at the airport, you can see some of the crates broken open. Ride down the street and see the Vendors selling what we donated and sent over there. The so called government sell Donated items to street people and they in turn sell it .At night listen....What do you hear? A radio? No way !!! It is the witchcraft and Voodoo follows chanting and carrying on a "RAH RAH" and it can be a very intense night. One last thing....go watch the Voodoo priest steal a very young female baby and offer it as a human sacrifice....burned alive. Now, go back to your chips and dips. On the average, even in the orphanages child are fed every three days. So, take a "Vacation" and go... See what the world struggles every day with trying to help. Now, they are biting the hands that feed them to the point that they wouldn't allow "Doctors without Borders" to go into thier primative, unclean makeshift hospital to treat the sick . The are protesting saying the UN tainted their water with cholora. If the UN pulls out, the "Peace keepers", Haiti will become impossible to help. We as missionaries had to cancel our trip this week due to the violence. And the only "families" are Ministers tending their orphages. Please go, see for ourself, by the way, there are no hotels so be sure to pack your tent, no electricity so take plenty of batteries Have a buddy system in place....women get raped multiple times so you will need a "buddy" . We are doing our best so please don't sit there in your comfortable recliners and judge the world.....GO and help.I leave you to invision this: A child suffers from hunger pains so their mother make mud patties and the children eat them to get rid of the hunger pains
Thank you and God bless you and your missionary friends. I have been there twice and what you have said is absolutely true. The normal Haitian people are very intelligent, pleasant, grateful show happiness even though they must live in the dirt. They need our help. Those radicals that make the news, and those folks who respond cruelly on this site are to be ignored. Go when you can.
jean

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Martee Capilli wrote:
<quoted text>
I ageed with you 100% their own corrupt government won't help them at least they could refund decades of billions of dollars they pocketed over the last decades to built temporary housing for those children and speed up the process to get those children off the street they wouldn't want their own children to live like this the haitian corrupt goverment and citizens have been irresponsble for so long
Black FridayApple

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Lavallas people are working the mind of poor Haitians and command them to stone U.N soldiers .

The lavallas organization is very well organized in Miami.They take advantage of the hac havoc in the country to create revolts.

They hate Americans because Americans shut down Aristide Marxist dictature .They hate foreigners and united nations force is percieve to them like s foreign force if occupation.

The lavallas leader behind those trouble is Yve bonnaire,an ex police man under Aristide regime. He left Haiti illegally before 2004 to stay at a friend house in queens New york.Now he leave in miami but still control the situation in Haiti by proxy.
Storm Warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Judged:

Haiti would benefit from the neutron bomb, Liberals cannot fathom reality, like uneducated children they have created a fantasy world filled with nice guys who only have some excuse for not acting like nice guys, they are politically retarded and they should be discarded. their stupidity is causing the destruction of every major European city and the disintegration of the social fabric of America, they are scum. they hate White America and they will do everything to see to it that your son is denied opportunities based on his race. They will do everything in their power to marry your daughter off to pond scum. they all need their azzes beat.
Ptalivan

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

I would like to sign up with an agency to get there on the ground and help.
I have the following skills;

- Can cure the sick where medecine and doctors can help.
- Can control the weather
- Can help in any countries crisis.
- Can help in anything.

I am now waiting to see who will be taking me.

Can provide more detailed infor if rquired.

Ptalivan
Marisol

Totowa, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Ptalivan wrote:
I would like to sign up with an agency to get there on the ground and help.
I have the following skills;
- Can cure the sick where medecine and doctors can help.
- Can control the weather
- Can help in any countries crisis.
- Can help in anything.
I am now waiting to see who will be taking me.
Can provide more detailed infor if rquired.
Ptalivan
You sound like you want to be with one of the many American groups that is already there doing the same thing!

Controlling the weather sounds tricky though ...
Marie

Price, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

Marisol wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you want to be with one of the many American groups that is already there doing the same thing!
Controlling the weather sounds tricky though ...
Oh really
so who are you? control the weather huh if its not of the true living God and your gift is not of God or is not Biblical Haiti don't need you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cap-Haitien, Haiti Discussions

Search the Cap-Haitien, Haiti Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
To enable all students to find the caribbean May '14 Mr D 1
Canadian visits to Haiti on rise as country con... Apr '14 Prof Elie Fleurant 1
Cap-Haiti (May '10) Apr '14 Prof Elie Fleurant 10
New Haiti airline to add first international route (Aug '13) Sep '13 bestvide12 2
Haiti renames airport for Hugo Chavez (Apr '13) May '13 edju 10
Scientology: How We Help-Opening Opportunity to... (Mar '13) Mar '13 wino 2
Haiti musicians say they're barred from Carnival (Feb '13) Feb '13 yolo 1
•••
•••