Croat, Serb organisations urge reconc...

Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation

There are 12470 comments on the SETimes news story from Jan 9, 2014, titled Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation. In it, SETimes news reports that:

Posting signs in both the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets is part of an effort at reconciliation between the countries in the region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SETimes news.

Tubal Cain

Melton, Australia

#10111 Oct 20, 2014
Blahblah80 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont give your self a big head you just posted to a thread im tracking. If anyone being the pest its you with your hate posts.
Idiot balija, if you don't like my posts just ignore them.
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#10112 Oct 20, 2014
Tubal Cain wrote:
<quoted text>
I will regret saying this later, but I kind of agree with you up to a point. Putting them together in Group 1 was a recipe for disaster. Better that they played in other group brackets. If they both somehow managed to get to the end they could play each other somewhere else. At this point in time, no matter your politics, having them play in Serbia or Albania for that matter is the height of bad planning. Sure, no one wants politics in sport, but this is the real world.
Putting them in different groups would solve the immediate problem, but with that comes the danger of being labeled.
servoslaves

Niagara Falls, NY

#10113 Oct 20, 2014
Blahblah80 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont give your self a big head you just posted to a thread im tracking. If anyone being the pest its you with your hate posts.
rleally, who cares about you servotino???
Kravatino

Adelaide, Australia

#10114 Oct 20, 2014
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
The Albanian players didn't deserve to get attacked. You want to be critical of your own, but at the same time still try, to a point, to justify what shouldn't be justified.
I'm not justifying it. I said I understood why.
Tubal Cain

Melton, Australia

#10115 Oct 20, 2014
Uefa doesn’t care. They even defend their decision not to keep the shiptars and Serbs separated.

‘Uefa defends decision not to keep Serbia and Albania apart after brawl’

‘He said the three criteria used to determine whether two countries should be kept apart were whether they had normal diplomatic relations, whether there was an ongoing military or armed conflict and whether there had been a request made by either national association to be kept apart.

In this case, he said, Serbia and Albania had normal diplomatic relations, were not engaged in an armed conflict and had not requested to be kept apart.’

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/...

In hindsight of what occurred, and given the politics, Kosovo being one of them, it was obviously a bad decision. They should have done what they did with Armenia and Azerbaijan years ago.
Kravatino

Adelaide, Australia

#10116 Oct 20, 2014
Tubal Cain wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot balija, if you don't like my posts just ignore them.
Lol that's what i do to Servoslaves aka Anonymous. He constantly replies to me and gets nothing in return. I dont read anything he says at all.
Tubal Cain

Melton, Australia

#10117 Oct 20, 2014
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting them in different groups would solve the immediate problem, but with that comes the danger of being labeled.
The politics between the Serbs and Albanians is already 'labelled'.
servoslaves

Niagara Falls, NY

#10118 Oct 20, 2014
Tubal Cain wrote:
Uefa doesn’t care. They even defend their decision not to keep the shiptars and Serbs separated.
‘Uefa defends decision not to keep Serbia and Albania apart after brawl’
‘He said the three criteria used to determine whether two countries should be kept apart were whether they had normal diplomatic relations, whether there was an ongoing military or armed conflict and whether there had been a request made by either national association to be kept apart.
In this case, he said, Serbia and Albania had normal diplomatic relations, were not engaged in an armed conflict and had not requested to be kept apart.’
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/...
In hindsight of what occurred, and given the politics, Kosovo being one of them, it was obviously a bad decision. They should have done what they did with Armenia and Azerbaijan years ago.
servs are like isis

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#10119 Oct 20, 2014
Tubal Cain wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot balija, if you don't like my posts just ignore them.
Inbred moron i choose to call you an idiot everytime you post like one.

Location hidden

#10120 Oct 20, 2014
servoslaves wrote:
<quoted text>rleally, who cares about you servotino???
That made no sense whats so ever
servoslaves

Niagara Falls, NY

#10121 Oct 20, 2014
Blahblah80 wrote:
<quoted text>
That made no sense whats so ever
are you just another servatino???

Location hidden

#10122 Oct 20, 2014
servoslaves wrote:
<quoted text>are you just another servatino???
Not last time i checked
Tubal Cain

Caroline Springs, Australia

#10123 Oct 20, 2014
Blahblah80 wrote:
<quoted text>
Inbred moron i choose to call you an idiot everytime you post like one.
No, you choose to be a troll. You jumped over the shark in topix a long time ago 'Fonzie'.
Tubal Cain

#10124 Oct 20, 2014
Considering the clear provocation with the shiptar drone I have to admit that the Serbs were very restrained. The fans had every right to go ballistic in a collective fury and storm the oval, especially when it was the Albanian players that tried to stop the offending banner being removed. If the crowd had beaten the sht out of the Albos, sent them on stretchers back to sht hole Tirana that would have been justified.
Tubal Cain

#10125 Oct 20, 2014
Screw the EU, they think they can lord it over all Europe and call the shots over non EU European nations.
Skanderbeg hero

Sydney, Australia

#10127 Oct 20, 2014
servoslaves wrote:
<quoted text>servs are like isis
shqiptars from kosova are fake Albanians they are not Skanderbeg Albanians. those kosovar shqiptars are jihadists descendants of traitors who sided with jihadists ottomans.

Skanderbeg is a true Albanian a hero and son of Europe
Dr Milan Sufflay

Paralowie, Australia

#10128 Oct 20, 2014
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
There are precedents where particular teams just aren't allowed to be grouped together and perhaps eufa should have made that call here.
Sports can be used as a political tool to help ease tensions between former foes. The Iranians & Americans both behaved when they played each other in one of the previous world cups despite there being a cold war between them since 1979
Dr Milan Sufflay

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#10130 Oct 21, 2014
servoslaves wrote:
<quoted text>servs are like isis
Alvanians are like ISIS
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#10133 Oct 21, 2014
Tubal Cain wrote:
Considering the clear provocation with the shiptar drone I have to admit that the Serbs were very restrained. The fans had every right to go ballistic in a collective fury and storm the oval, especially when it was the Albanian players that tried to stop the offending banner being removed. If the crowd had beaten the sht out of the Albos, sent them on stretchers back to sht hole Tirana that would have been justified.
What happens on the pitch is the domain of the referee to sort out not the people in the stands. I can only hope that your opinion is not the majority, but if it is eufa needs to pay close attention,
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#10134 Oct 21, 2014
Dr Milan Sufflay wrote:
<quoted text>Sports can be used as a political tool to help ease tensions between former foes. The Iranians & Americans both behaved when they played each other in one of the previous world cups despite there being a cold war between them since 1979
Personally, I don't understand those who can't park politics at the entrance to a sporting event and just cheer their team on and enjoy the game. It seems that we're not all created equal in that regard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Croatia, Croatia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vukovar still divided 15 years on (Nov '06) 13 hr Nikola Pasic was ... 707
News Bosnians hope Sunday vote will push Balkan coun... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Kosovo is Serbia 33
News Man murders wife and 4-month old daughter Aug 16 srbistanci jebeni... 1
News Battle of words as Croatia celebrates independe... Aug 11 Wikipedia 1
News Croatia and Serbia in war of words Aug 11 Wikipedia 1
News 'My trip to N. Pazar is same as your officials'... Jul '16 Aleksej Berezucki 3
News Nazi hunter outraged by annulment of Ustasha co... Jul '16 truth 20
More from around the web