13-Year-Old Texas Boy Shoots Himself;...

13-Year-Old Texas Boy Shoots Himself; Suffered 'Relentless' Anti-Gay Bullying

There are 1185 comments on the EDGEprovidence.com News Feed story from Sep 28, 2010, titled 13-Year-Old Texas Boy Shoots Himself; Suffered 'Relentless' Anti-Gay Bullying. In it, EDGEprovidence.com News Feed reports that:

A 13-year-old boy in Texas has killed himself after suffering 'relentless' bullying at school, according to a Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEprovidence.com News Feed.

First Prev
of 60
Next Last
Robby

Lexington, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2010
This is what bogotry and ignorance causes , that boy should never have had to face that from anyone and the people that did this have blood on their hands.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#3 Sep 28, 2010
Robby wrote:
This is what bogotry and ignorance causes , that boy should never have had to face that from anyone and the people that did this have blood on their hands.
I agree.

If the boy had been bullied because of his race or eigion, you would parents and teachers and others up in armes over this tragedy. But simply because this boy was gay, too many people remain silent.

SILENCE = DEATH
Robby

Lexington, KY

#4 Sep 28, 2010
This kid came out on youtube, and hopefully more and more kids will start to come out at a younger age, and help to remove any of the stigma that is left , maybe even in Texas someday.

&fe ature=related

R.I.P Asher Brown :(

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Sep 28, 2010
Is your child depressed?

Stay out of TEXAS, its a very bad place for GLT people, especially in Dallas.
Brian

San Gabriel, CA

#6 Sep 28, 2010
The green light is given by polititians who say gays can't serve because they are bad for morale, can't give blood because they are dirty and diseased, can't get married because they arr trying to recruit children. We have a bigot for a president. This country is doomed.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#7 Sep 28, 2010
Yet the right wing want to put their head in the sand and pretend homosexuality and bullying don't exist, it's such a shame.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#8 Sep 28, 2010
I, for one, would love to get my hands on a homophobe and make him pay for the deaths his kind have caused on our youth.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Sep 28, 2010
Anybody know why The Trevor Project's website isn't responding ?

http://www.TheTrevorProject.org

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10 Sep 28, 2010
Brian wrote:
The green light is given by polititians who say gays can't serve because they are bad for morale, can't give blood because they are dirty and diseased, can't get married because they arr trying to recruit children. We have a bigot for a president. This country is doomed.
Yes sadly we do have a president who is a bigot and the country is doomed unless we vote out his party this Nov.

It will be the only way to have real change and move in the right direction.
chefzilla

Baltimore, MD

#11 Sep 28, 2010
Brian wrote:
The president? How are you blaming him?
I think you are just a tea bagging bigot
Jeff T In Houston

Houston, TX

#12 Sep 28, 2010
I would truly like to see the names of the bullies and their parents published. I would also like to see the names of each and every school official that was notified of this bullying published. I mean front page Houston Chronicle. Let the bigots and idiots reap the fame/shame that they deserve.
At this age, the bullies have learned it all from their parents, either by their absence or example. The school officials should be looking for other jobs. They obviously don't have the best interest of "all" their students in mind. This is just another tragic loss. A life cut short, a family forever grieving. And so preventable. For being a "bleeding heart liberal", I sure feel like taking some of the offending parties out and just beating the crap out of them! Of course they've already bred and are everywhere... oh well. Unfortunately this will continue to happen and most of the tragic endings don't make it to the news.

“II Samuel 1:26”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#13 Sep 28, 2010
Horrific and terribly sad!
Chad

Inglewood, CA

#14 Sep 28, 2010
Texas is the most white trash republican state and with the exception of Austin and a couple of other places it's a redneck cesspool of evil-gelicals. The blood of this boy is on republican leaders for sure. They fight anti-bullying laws in schools on all levels because they think it might discourage acceptance of gay people. Ignorance is dangerous, please don't vote republican.
Curteese

Cathedral City, CA

#15 Sep 29, 2010
mixed wrote:
Yet the right wing want to put their head in the sand and pretend homosexuality and bullying don't exist, it's such a shame.
They're the ones who scream like little bitches that anti bullying laws are set up to attack their precious religions. Then a child like this dies, and they slam shut like clams. Or, blame the victim. If someone was bullying one of those religious cry babies, the fur would fly as they screamed for their CHOSEN religious beliefs to be protected.
bobwyre

Broomfield, CO

#16 Sep 29, 2010
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes sadly we do have a president who is a bigot and the country is doomed unless we vote out his party this Nov.
It will be the only way to have real change and move in the right direction.
It is people like you and Focus on the Family who are to blame for his death. You all want gay children to be murdered and have a hand in their death. Name one thing you have done to counter bullies...

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#17 Sep 29, 2010
I notice a deafening silence from the usual Fundie crowd. I guess that their book tells them that some lives don't matter or that tre the little queer was going to Hell anyway. These hypocrites are totally useless.
STT

United States

#18 Sep 29, 2010
Robby wrote:
What's "bogotry"?
I'm ignorant on the subject.
On a side note, are homosexual media groups trying to get more kids to kill themselves so people will feel sorry for gays or are they trying to save lives by letting every kid know who commits suicide they'll be known as a homosexual?
Just wondering about these nefarious political motives gays want to use about kids killing themselves.
As everyone knows, everything is supposed to be about homosexuals and all their problems, especially if they can use kids for political benefit.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#19 Sep 29, 2010
Robby wrote:
EXACTLY!It remains the same:Narrow minded people ALL WALK on a narrow minded path;until they ALL fall off the cliff at the end of the path.Sadly,as they walk the narrow path;they don't care who they hurt.
Robby

Lexington, KY

#21 Sep 29, 2010
STT wrote:
<quoted text>What's "bogotry"?
I'm ignorant on the subject.
On a side note, are homosexual media groups trying to get more kids to kill themselves so people will feel sorry for gays or are they trying to save lives by letting every kid know who commits suicide they'll be known as a homosexual?
Just wondering about these nefarious political motives gays want to use about kids killing themselves.
As everyone knows, everything is supposed to be about homosexuals and all their problems, especially if they can use kids for political benefit.
You might think trying to be cute, and trying to blame the victim is funny, but I personally think it is sick and has no place in discussing this boys death. No one brought up politics except the right wing and you , try being an actual human being once in awhile and show some repsect for the dead and stop being a parrot for the right wing agenda.

BTW , one defintion of bigotry would be reading a horrorific story about a kid being harrassed to death because if his sexuality, and then going on a forum and trying to denegrate the kid, and make it about a political agenda , instead of the sad and personal tragedy that it is , you know , someone like you.
STT

United States

#22 Sep 29, 2010
Robby wrote:
<quoted text>
You might think trying to be cute, and trying to blame the victim is funny, but I personally think it is sick and has no place in discussing this boys death. No one brought up politics except the right wing and you , try being an actual human being once in awhile and show some repsect for the dead and stop being a parrot for the right wing agenda.
BTW , one defintion of bigotry would be reading a horrorific story about a kid being harrassed to death because if his sexuality, and then going on a forum and trying to denegrate the kid, and make it about a political agenda , instead of the sad and personal tragedy that it is , you know , someone like you.
Well, Robby, you're pretty naive.
Because the homosexual lobby is claiming that everyone that commits suicide did so because they're a weak-minded homosexual that got called a couple names.
And there's hundreds of billions in it for every school didtrict across the country to hire more people to teach the kids they're all gay.
There's no noble purpose here.
Just more public-sector greed on the back of another dead kid.
Ho hum.
Another couple billion borrowed from China for the teachers' union.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 60
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are White people so racist, jealous and hat... (Jun '13) 1 hr I bust yo head 654
Adult Nursing Relationship ANR/ABR (Apr '15) 2 hr Weepingbreasts 18
Whine and cheese where are the crackers lol 4 hr Rich Little 3
Looking for black 5 hr Topdoxblack 1
Help me out, lookin for that black (Jul '14) 5 hr Rtown1993 9
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 12 hr Defiant1 23,449
News Mexican-American textbook stirs cultural debate... 20 hr Dee Liverence 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Houston Mortgages