Unbeliever

Leicester, UK

#284 Jul 15, 2012
Its very sad in this modern age that so many people still believe in God. Even if he were to exist why worship something that allows so much misery, is it fear or stupidity. I have heard people refer to religion as the American condition
VERY TRUE SAYS

Toms River, NJ

#285 Jul 30, 2012
SCUM OF THE HEAVENS.
michael

Houston, TX

#286 Jul 30, 2012
Person wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave me life then I worked at that life until I was happy with my love, body, education, and job. I went to church every Sunday, and served him 6 hours a week... Then he took everything from me and destroyed every thing about my life I loved. Whats worse is that when I attempt suicide he stops it to the point where I stab myself repeatedly and do not die. HE RUINED A LIFE HE WON'T LET ME END! I hate him for that and I have no idea how he can be so cruel.
repent and save your soul from the fires of hell! God will still forgive you, so save your soul and ask God for forgiveness while you still are able to do so!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#295 Jul 31, 2012
michael wrote:
<quoted text>repent and save your soul from the fires of hell! God will still forgive you, so save your soul and ask God for forgiveness while you still are able to do so!
Go down on your knees slave and kiss my feet and ask for my forgiveness because i'm infallible and do no wrong!
Why God Hates You

Wichita, KS

#296 Jul 31, 2012
Because you are a dumb a** and you piss him off.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#297 Jul 31, 2012
all in the family wrote:
Who loves Satan?
I don't believe in the anthropomorphism of God or Devil. The Bible isn't the word of God, you'd have to be retarded to think that - but I have read the Bible, and I don't get where Satan gets such a bad rap. The guy didn't ask for any sacrifices of sons and babies, didn't promote genocide, didn't threaten anybody with lakes of fire, didn't call for the murder of old women (witches), gays, non-virgin brides, rebellious kids or foreigners. He didn't say kill everybody in a town except the little girls (kidnap, rape and keep them). He didn't cause any great floods or destroy whole cities because of a gang of thugs... If you don't know what I'm talking about with any of these, you don't actually read the Bible.
In fact, about the only bad thing Satan did was talk Eve into learning the difference between right and wrong.
How IRONIC is it that the religious have been failing that test for "6,000 years"? Seems like maybe The whole blaming Satan for the apple thing is debunked by lack of evidence.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#300 Jul 31, 2012
CHUCKBIGBANG wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SPEAK WITH FORKED TONGUE, YOUNG GRASSHOPPER!! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN THE ANTHROPOMORPHICISM OF GOD OR DEVIL, EITHER CONCEPTIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, THAN WHY ARE YOU EVEN SUPPORTING THE DEVIL, OR SPEAKING AGAINST THE GOD IN THE BIBLE?? IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE ATTRIBUTING YOUR HUMAN CHARACTORISTICS AND FEELINGS FOR GOD AND THE DEVIL, TO ME. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL?
SIGNED: ARMED INFIDEL
You seem to be obsessed with theatrics, so I'll put in a way you can relate to. It's no different than talking about the motivations of Obi Wan or Hamlet - both have admirers and neither one ever existed.
Meep

Lexington, SC

#301 Aug 1, 2012
The main reason why i hate god....is because he created me.

“GOVERNMENT OF DECEIVERS (GOD)”

Since: Sep 10

NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

#302 Aug 2, 2012
god is satan's immaculate deception. grand OLE deceit, good OLE deception, group of demons, governing oppressive dis ease (mental illness). god follows ass. godass. ass being American Stockholm Syndrome (love for your abuser). god is (sin)thetic.

I AM YHVH DEITY THE FARTHER CIPHER 888 There is no substitute.

YHVH suspends mercy in response to god (government of deceivers) suspension of inalienable rights (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness) in the American Holocaust (moral corruption - fraud - terminal injustice - economic oppression - murderbyproxy - population control - death fix it>deficit<). National goal accomplished reduce government (we the people) reduce government spending (no justice, no liabilities).
NEVER WRONG SAYS

Toms River, NJ

#304 Aug 6, 2012
GOD IS FILTHY SCUM.
LisaCP2012

Woodruff, SC

#306 Sep 14, 2012
Private eyes: "Hey Idoits this a free country and why are you spew out all that venom of hate I think you have low self esteem or Never was taught what Right from wrong it is people like you what making this country sick as ever !with all that commie Libreal retardness breathing down on every one back. If you dont like us Christian or God boo hoo thats your life not ours The Righteous shall flourish and the evil doer that includes Faggs Evil sick people and God haters shall be cutt of from the face of the earth."

And how is this any less hateful than anything anyone else has posted? Your reply is worse,because you know the truth and ignore it, while others are unaware that truth even exists.
John 9:41, "Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say,'We see,' your sin remains."
LisaCP2012

Woodruff, SC

#307 Sep 14, 2012
Unbeliever wrote:
Its very sad in this modern age that so many people still believe in God. Even if he were to exist why worship something that allows so much misery, is it fear or stupidity. I have heard people refer to religion as the American condition
Misery is the condition, and it applies to all. The existence of evil, which manifests as misery many times, proves the existence of God. Without perfect Good, perfect evil could not exist. Good must come first, the positive before the negative.

So He exists, and we blame Him for evil. We are victims? We aren't responsible for our actions and subject to their consequences? Of course not. Why should we pay for what we do wrong?

The bad news is, even if you tried, you would fail. There is no good you can do thats enough to save you. One sacrifice is enough, a perfect one, and its already been made. If you refuse that, you must make a sacrifice that is equal. Except you can't, because your sacrifice is imperfect and would never ever be enough.

God doesn't do what we want Him to, right? He doesn't prevent all suffering and misery. But we can't judge the Judge! He alone knows His thoughts and they are higher than ours. If you will approach Him with love, He will appeal to your reason, and it will be enough. Faith isn't blind, there are many evidences that what we believe is based on solid ground, but that is for you to find out! don't blindly stumble around in ignorance! the truth is out there!

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#308 Sep 14, 2012
LisaCP2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Misery is the condition, and it applies to all. The existence of evil, which manifests as misery many times, proves the existence of God. Without perfect Good, perfect evil could not exist. Good must come first, the positive before the negative.
So He exists, and we blame Him for evil. We are victims? We aren't responsible for our actions and subject to their consequences? Of course not. Why should we pay for what we do wrong?
The bad news is, even if you tried, you would fail. There is no good you can do thats enough to save you. One sacrifice is enough, a perfect one, and its already been made. If you refuse that, you must make a sacrifice that is equal. Except you can't, because your sacrifice is imperfect and would never ever be enough.
God doesn't do what we want Him to, right? He doesn't prevent all suffering and misery. But we can't judge the Judge! He alone knows His thoughts and they are higher than ours. If you will approach Him with love, He will appeal to your reason, and it will be enough. Faith isn't blind, there are many evidences that what we believe is based on solid ground, but that is for you to find out! don't blindly stumble around in ignorance! the truth is out there!
No proof of god
LisaCP2012

Woodruff, SC

#309 Sep 15, 2012
There is no PROOF, using the word as you mean it of anything. No cold hard facts that anyone can use to back up what they believe. But, we as Christians have more empirical evidence than any other faith that what we believe is true. Our doctrine is internally sound (for Reformed Protestants, at any rate, that being the The Westminster Confession) When I say evil proves the existence of God, I simply mean that the argument is believable for its internal agreement and its logic.

Even without that argument, there is still enough evidence of God in the mystery and wonder of His creation to convince the logical mind. You can either accept with faith the events of the Bible, recorded with much care by faithful people since within 5-10 years of Christ's death (Papyrus with parts of the Gospel has been found dating back to that time), or you can accept with even greater faith that order came from disorder and evolution brought about, in a few billion years, mysteries beyond our comprehension.

Either way, you use faith. Neither can fully support their theory. But Christianity offers historical and scientific evidences to those that care to do the research. As an unsaved man, Lee Strobel began to reasearch and write a book to ultimately and finally prove the Bible's inaccuracy and contradictory nature to prove that it cannot be trusted. In so doing, he found undeniable evidence of its believability and was regenerated.

Everywhere you look, someone will have a reason to hate God or to love Him, but you must look into it for yourself, so that you can know why you believe what you believe, rather than just accepting blindly whatever is handed to you. You are responsible, and no one wants to hear that, I know.You alone are responsible to look into these matters and draw the correct conclusions. You can blame no one else if you do not take the time and effort to do so. It's not enough to disagree with the Bible, to say, "I don't believe that"...you must be able to offer an argument supporting your belief, tearing the other one down, without tearing down the person making it (ad hominem).

You won't be able to make the argument until you study and research the issue from both sides and determine which side you are on based on objective information.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#310 Sep 15, 2012
no evidence for a god

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#311 Sep 15, 2012
Mikko wrote:
no evidence for a god
I'm not sure...did you read past the first line? You realize I'm presenting evidence for what I believe and you're not, right?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#312 Sep 15, 2012
christianity have had 2000 years of finding evidence for their god and they have nothing at all

Location hidden

#313 Sep 15, 2012
You are conceding to let me win this debate if all you do is disagree with me. Unless you can back any of your statements with objective information and research, the argument cannot progress.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#314 Sep 16, 2012
no proof and evidence for a god (it's the god beliver who have to prove to me that there's a god with real evidence not open your mind and the bible +more)

Location hidden

#315 Sep 18, 2012
Mikko wrote:
no proof and evidence for a god (it's the god beliver who have to prove to me that there's a god with real evidence not open your mind and the bible +more)
It is correct to say that I, as the one who believes it, have the burden of proof.

However, I do not bear it alone. Thousands of men and women have researched and complied data and it is available to everyone via the internet and books. To say "has to prove to me" is not correct. We must prove it, period. Whether you accept or reject is on you...and the evidence is there, the only "proof" being that when looked at objectively, Christianity's doctrine is internally sound, while everyone else's is not. No one can "prove" God, either that He does or does not exist.

Now that we have done our part, and it is your responsibility to read and research the arguments on both sides of the issue, and determine what you believe and why...

Anyone who refuses to spend any time engaged in the pursuit of the truth will not garner sympathy from others by saying they hate God, because they have done nothing to learn anything about him. It'd be like hating black people, gay people, short people...hate based on ignorance is no more valid in the spiritual realm than it is in the physical.

Check out Lee Strobel's website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mrc global 7 min Mr Mudd Butt 5
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Liberal forever 18,781
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 1 hr Liberal forever 385
Where can I find a "Crooked Doctor Clinic" Hous... (Nov '09) 2 hr Obammy 327
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr Gasman 22,769
justin english 10 hr Gasman 5
Text 10 hr Gasman 7

Houston News Video

Houston Dating
Find my Match

Houston Jobs

Houston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Houston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Houston